Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety Discussion

ExtremeSkins Staff

LaRon Landry is the guy we all wished could live up to Sean Taylor. Well Taylor was a fast and physical safety with a nose for the ball. He didn't talk much and he let his hard hits speak for him. I never saw Sean Taylor get run over by a runningback. LaRon Landry enjoys talking to the opposing team. He acts like he's tough but he rarely makes a big play honestly. Every once in a while he comes up with a big hit on a WR who isn't on his feet but other than that he doesn't usually hit anyone all that hard and he takes a lot of stupid angled and makes bad decisions frequently. He has no consistency and his tough guy image is just an image- he isn't a tough player and he's just not very good. He doesn't get interceptions more than once per year and he gets run over more frequently than he makes a big hit.

Atogwe is almost nonexistant. He isn't playing poorly because if he was we would give up a whole lot more deep passes like we do when Doughty is in there but Atogwe isn't looking incredible either. We could be getting the same production from a rookie IMO.

Landry actually celebrated a tackle he made after the runner made a move and got a first down. I really hate that. Your getting stomped. Your losing badly. You give up a play and then do a "look at me" dance?

It says a lot about the state of the team.

Landry actually celebrated a tackle he made after the runner made a move and got a first down. I really hate that. Your getting stomped. Your losing badly. You give up a play and then do a "look at me" dance?

Meh, that's just Landry. I don't even notice it anymore.

Two Words....Ryan Clark, that dude is a stud and we let him get away, another two words Adam Arculetta, the waste of time we signed and let Clark walk after Sean Taylor said that Clark was the best Safety in the league, dude is in Pittsburgh making plays.

Seems like Landry blew coverage on that TD Fletcher was running to catch up to. I've never seen Fletcher that angry on the sidelines, and he's been a part of some pretty bad games. As long as half of our LBs never have coverage responsibilities, and we hide our SS from coverage most of the time, I'm not exactly sure what kind of successful defense we can really have.

Kill me if you want, but i wouldn't be mad if they franchised Landry and dangled him as trade bait in the offseason.

Seriously doubt you'd get much from Landry. Where are his big plays? Where are his ints? His sacks? His stops behind the line of scrimage? His stoning people to prevent a first down?

He's a good safety, but he's not elite. He had a fantastic eight game stretch before his injury last year, before that he was the definition of inconsistancy with far too many bad angles and missed tackles. Seriously, what would you give up for him? Certainly not a first or second.

He was doing that all game, it was really embarrassing. He makes a stop BEYOND the 1st down marker and gets up jawing at the Bills players. I'm a big Landry fan but he just looked like a selfish punk out there today.

OJ...non impact player..has done nothing

Not buying it. When both players make game changing plays the offense does nothing. LaRon did it against Dallas this year and philly both times the offense did nothing.

Oj had a huge pick against Dallas and offense did NOTHING.

Same people wanted Carlos gone. Safety is the least of this teams worries.

Landry celebrates too much, talks too much, goes for the big hit way too much and does not play the ball. He is not thinking about being in position for the INT, he is constantly thinking about blowing someone up. He often misses tackles or gives up yards before bringing the guy down. Great around the line of scrimmage but thats about it. OJ is doing his job but has not been in position to make plays on the ball imo...

Not buying it. When both players make game changing plays the offense does nothing. LaRon did it against Dallas this year and philly both times the offense did nothing.

Oj had a huge pick against Dallas and offense

Same people wanted Carlos gone. Safety is the least of this teams worries.

Keep buying the Laron and OJ hype...together they scare and stop no one....they just are not that good?.last I checked Carlos had three ints

Keep buying the Laron and OJ hype...together they scare and stop no one....they just are not that good?.last I checked Carlos had three ints

Not buying the stupid in this thread. I gave facts. Safety is the least of this teams worries lol.

When they make game changing plays your offense does nothing.

Archived