Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooling Off Period. Doing something different on the board post game. PAY ATTENTION HERE :) (updated post #190)

TK

After hearing your voices after last week's loss & suggestion from King Gibbs & Bufford, we're going to try an experiment today.:)

No one will be able to start a new thread post game. This will last for several hours.

Think of it as a "Cooling Of Period".

With this experiment, the hope is to curb the stupid knee jerk reactionary threads that always pop up from the mouth breathing idjits. This should also serve to keep a great many of you from getting banned. If you happen to be one of those types, think of it as helping you to help yourself.:)

The Mod Staff here will start a few generic threads ( IE: QB Discussion, WR Discussion, etc) for you to post in post game. The game thread will also remain open for you to post in, & the chat is always available as well.

If you have a well thought out thread, simply type it up & save it to something like MS Word or Notepad & then copy & paste it as a new thread after the Cooling Off Period is lifted.

Again, hopefully this will inspire some really thought out, intelligent threads afterwards instead of the regular sea of stupid that has been plaguing the board as of late.

And if this upsets you, feel free to PM King Gibbs & Bufford & let them know.:)

The only problem is that a lot of these reactionary threads are started halfway through the game as well as post-game.

If we're down 24-7 at halftime, I'm sure we'll still have 5 different "Was Grossman really worse than Beck?" threads, 3 "Suck For Luck" threads, 2 "I've Given Up On This Team!!!!!!" threads, and so forth.

I think it would be better if this no new threads was instituted at kickoff and lifted a few hours after the end of the game.

This is a fantastic idea! It will definitely help curb the negative/positive "clutter" threads that are emotionally started post game.

The only problem is that a lot of these reactionary threads are started halfway through the game as well as post-game.

If we're down 24-7 at halftime, I'm sure we'll still have 5 different "Was Grossman really worse than Beck?" threads, 3 "Suck For Luck" threads, 2 "I've Given Up On This Team!!!!!!" threads, and so forth.

This is the only problem I also see with this. The minute Beck throws an INT, I usually expect someone to start an anti Beck thread immediately.

As for the in game threads,my guess is we can do what we always do. Merge many in to where they belong,(the big game thread),or close them. Then of course,handle things with the thread starter. :) Now that this is happening,some may want to jump the gun and get head start before the game ends. To them I say,forgetaboutit. :evil:

Douche like idea!

Only positive thoughts allowed.. what are u a cowboy fan?

Obviously this whole thing passed you on both lanes Nick.

Douche like idea!

Only positive thoughts allowed.. what are u a cowboy fan?

I saw no indication that you could not rant or criticize in the appropriate "generic" threads or game day thread. And if youve been here during any games youd know that the game day thread is full of rants and criticism. Youll have no problem finding a place to express yourself i'm sure.

I would prefer it if we had a couple of 'trusted users" who could start a couple of threads on subjects people want to discuss, but I guess that might just be me. Probably hard to do as well.

EDIT: This is basically what you said you would do in the OP.

Note to self: You don't have the short-term memory to come back to a thread 10 minutes later and remember what you had read in it.

Archived