Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kevin Barnes in the slot

dwills1

Is it me or does he not belong on a NFL field? He's looked a step slow all year and when we send him on a blitz he goes in with his helmet down and never gets close to the QB. Gotta get Buchanon in the game! I'd rather have a healthy Westbrook too

Struggled yesterday, but was pretty effective earlier in the year. I actually thought he was pretty good on blitzes. He can hit and runs fairly well. The inside technique on the TD pass was stupid. Secondary was exposed yesterday. I don't know if we were challenging Newton to beat us or what, but we clearly were not ready to ball on defense.

What specifically makes you so sure coaching is to blame? How do you know that he is executing what the coaches are calling for?

I am not speaking for paloosa but it seems that not just Barnes, but many players are out of position, not making tackles on defense, not running the right routes and missing assignments on offense.

The same mistakes seemed to be made week after week. Either we have a bunch of dumb players or the coaches aren't doing a good job.

I think the coaches worry more about teaching scheme and not enough about teaching football. Also you know these guys rarely if ever practice in pads?

Boy, memories are short. Barnes was actually playing very well the first few games of the year when Landry was out and he was forced into nickle because of Buchanon's suspension.

I can forgive some growing pains. Yes, he really misplayed that ball on the touchdown, but name a player on D that did his job superbly or even well yesterday.

Is it me or does he not belong on a NFL field? He's looked a step slow all year and when we send him on a blitz he goes in with his helmet down and never gets close to the QB. Gotta get Buchanon in the game! I'd rather have a healthy Westbrook too

completely agree... rewatching the carolina game has confirmed his shortcomings. I realize he was more or less highly touted coming out of maryland, and was good prospect to draft in the third round. But throughout his entire career(albeit, a short one) i've always thought something was off about him. finally, seeing him play exclusively in the slot has opened my eyes,and more than likely opened the eyes of many offensive coordinators in this league, to his weaknesses: he's far too stiff in the hips. his lack of agility laterally is hurting this team becasue he simply cant react to a recievers move and stay with him. Buchanon is far and away a better athlete agility wise, and is subsequently, a far better nickel cornerback. Sorry for all the Barnes fans out there, but i truly believe his only value is to bulk p to play safety or play in a defensive scheme that allows him to press. im quite certain shanny plays Buchanon in the nickel this week

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 10:39 PM ----------

It isn't that he is slow but rather poorly coached. Seems to be the normal thing at every position.

no, i disagree... he just doesnt have the fluidity in the hips to change directions effectively. thats the number one attribute a corner can possess.. even more so than straight speed

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 10:48 PM ----------

hmm.. you know im actually surprised this hasnt really been brought up more than it has- at least from what ive seen on ES. hes struggled for the last few games now.

Archived