Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kevin Barnes in the slot

dwills1

your right but which out of the corners we have AT THIS SECOND are playing better than barnes?

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 10:54 PM ----------

o and he's a CB...they really aren't supposed to be hitting due to the size disadvantage but 22 lays pretty good llumber for being a cb...if he puts on about 20-30 lbs he'll be a hell of a free safety

D hall J Wilson and P Buchanan and I think Westbrook is at least as good

hahahaha buchanon hasnt played... read the question again...which cb on the roster now is PLAYING better than Barnes...d hall is not as good as barnes, d hall has 1 turnover this yr and given up at least 7 big plays...thats -6 in my book especially since he is a gambler his ratio is down this yr

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 10:59 PM ----------

altho wilson has played very well this year he played worse than barnes against carolina...while i ultimately admit that hall and wilson are better than barnes athletically but currently none of them are playing as well as barnes...p buchanon was TERRIBLE last yr and i couldn't believe he wasnt one that was cut especially amid the 4 games

The pass rush did terrible against Newton (when it mattered). This exposes the nickel corner more than anyone. He's on the hot receiver and has to guard the inside and outside breaking routes with minimal help. Also, I agree with the poster who mentioned it was coaching. On the quick out touchdown, I dont think it was by chance he was giving up outside leverage. Haslett must have been confident the pressure would get there and was banking on the out being a tough throw or that they would force the slant. This is the first game, if you actually stop and think of how hard the nickel position is that I thought Barnes did not play well.

Kevin Barnes is trash.. He gives you 50/50. Either he has a great game or he sucks.

He's too small to be playing cornerback or safety in the NFL. I'd rather keep him as the 4th string CB and a nickelback only when we really need him.

Post like these make me laugh. Knee jerk reactionary posts because of youre impression of what you saw on Fox. Newsflash the whole D played like --it. He's done quite well in the nickel position this season. There isnt a nickel corner in the league thats going to win his matchups when your front 7 gets outplayed. Never.

Boy, memories are short. Barnes was actually playing very well the first few games of the year when Landry was out and he was forced into nickle because of Buchanon's suspension.

I can forgive some growing pains. Yes, he really misplayed that ball on the touchdown, but name a player on D that did his job superbly or even well yesterday.

Kevin Barnes is a good DB, and a playmaker. Maybe not the best DB, but certainly steady. With experience and good coaching he can blossom.

Archived