Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA Dress Code (POLL)

G.A.C.O.L.B.

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

A few years ago someone put up a video of Kobe coming into the First Union Center during the 2001 NBA Finals with a throwback Jordan jersey on. That was back in the day when you could come into the arena rocking throwbacks and cool gear

They don't let you do that no more

This to me has to be Stern's best moment as commish. Dudes were coming to the arena's and on the sidelines looks like they were hanging out on the block. It actually made these guys look decent, and also cleaned the image up a lot(as point out by Bang and others). It makes them look professional to say the least. So I approve of it.

A lockout will devastate the NBA just like the NHL which was at a talent-high with all the European imports and American youth programs developing top players. The reality is, a deal is probably not coming in time. Sucks because I want another Dallas vs. OKC WCF. Enough of the same six teams rotating. It WILL be interesting to see what ESPN will replace basketball with, especially all the generic dunks in the SC Top 10.

Sucks because...well just see my sig. This was going to be the official coming out party. People have an idea of his beastliness, but they don't know. Not yet. Now this stupid lockout is going to delay it. And knowing DC sports, he'll probably blow out his knee in a rec-league game somewhere.

Sucks because...well just see my sig. This was going to be the official coming out party. People have an idea of his beastliness, but they don't know. Not yet. Now this stupid lockout is going to delay it. And knowing DC sports, he'll probably blow out his knee in a rec-league game somewhere.

I keep asking this. If there is no season.....but it gets settled next spring. How does a draft work? Lotto again?

Baron+Davis+NBA+Labor+Negotiations+kOUVXCHcdWQl.jpg

I look at this and see guys like Fisher and Wade looking like adults, and then Melo and Davis looking like it was a casual event. I know its not game day and doesn't apply to a dress code. But still, images do say something and this says its not being taken as seriously by some as others....fair or unfair.

They are getting paid tons of money to play a game, the least they can do is look like professionals and not thugs.

Did you have a problem with Brett Favre coming to the stadium wearing a tee shirt and blue jeans?

EDIT: I'll just wait for the "but that's different" responses.

Yes I did, they are professionals making millions per year, dress like it.

The problem I have is that the tee shirt and blue jeans go with Favre's good old boy image, while NBA players are viewed as thugs if they wore the samething.

The problem I have is that the tee shirt and blue jeans go with Favre's good old boy image, while NBA players are viewed as thugs if they wore the samething.

Absolutely agree that there is an unfair bias and double-standard when it comes to comparing the NFL and NBA. Just look at the way the lockouts have been viewed.

And yet if he wants to wear that on his own private time, that's fine, let him craft his image, but when he's going to work and officially representing the team he ought to look like someone is actually representing the team in a professional manner, and for me that goes to the post game interview as well.

He'll be fine. Ovechkin was supposed to enter the league during the lockout year but ended up with 50 goals and 100 points the next season. Wall is going to be a stud.

---------- Post added October-20th-2011 at 10:59 AM ----------

Absolutely agree that there is an unfair bias and double-standard when it comes to comparing the NFL and NBA. Just look at the way the lockouts have been viewed.

The difference is the NFL is 100x more popular and thus, people would've legitimately been angry on a wide-scale if football had been canceled. The NBA, NHL and MLB don't have that luxury.

I don't care if they don't wear a suit and tie. I think that's overboard for a sports team. Even though they have the "professional" moniker on them, are they really getting on the plane to close a contract? I'm fine with kaki/Dockers/Dress jeans (no baggy) and a polo shirt. I know when I fly, I want to comfortable. As far as on the court, let them wear their warmup suits.

Yes I did, they are professionals making millions per year, dress like it.

I guess I look at it differently. They aren't showing up at a board room for a meeting. They are going on the field sweating, bleeding and getting dirty. Now, like I've said, I don't think they should show up looking like bums, but jacket and tie is too much. Business casual is OK to me.

I guess I look at it differently. They aren't showing up at a board room for a meeting. They are going on the field sweating, bleeding and getting dirty. Now, like I've said, I don't think they should show up looking like bums, but jacket and tie is too much. Business casual is OK to me.

They are multi-millionaire businessmen, they can afford a suit, and yes their business is sweaty and nasty, but that is not the sum total of their business, and while they may not sit in a board room they do serious business, it's interesting that during the lock out the NFL players were dressed in suits when going to the negotiations, I wonder why? Because it is the dress of a professional.

They are multi-millionaire businessmen, they can afford a suit, and yes their business is sweaty and nasty, but that is not the sum total of their business, and while they may not sit in a board room they do serious business, it's interesting that during the lock out the NFL players were dressed in suits when going to the negotiations, I wonder why? Because it is the dress of a professional.

Negotiations in a board room are one thing. Playing a game on a grass field is another. Like I said, I don't want them showing up to the game in ripped jeans, an old T-Shirt and a baseball hat, but business casual isn't bad. Get rid of the blazer and tie and I'd be alright with a button down shirt and kaki's/dress pants.

Negotiations in a board room are one thing. Playing a game on a grass field is another. Like I said, I don't want them showing up to the game in ripped jeans, an old T-Shirt and a baseball hat, but business casual isn't bad. Get rid of the blazer and tie and I'd be alright with a button down shirt and kaki's/dress pants.

In football they are normally in team gear not suits when they are on the sidelines due to injury. But I see nothing wrong with an NBA player in a suit on the sidelines during a game if he's injured, frankly it makes them look at lot better.

Archived