Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why I Will Never Respect Michael Vick

CapnRedskins

This is from the blog: http://footballactor.tumblr.com/

As the Philadelphia Eagles march into FedEx Field this week, I figure what better opportunity to talk about their quarterback. Now, before anyone accuses me of hating simply because he's the quarterback of a division rival team and he absolutely humiliated my team by putting 6 touchdowns on the board on Monday Night Football last year. I would dislike Michael Vick regardless of the uniform he wears.

For starters, I'm not an animal rights activist, or a member of PETA, or anything like that. In fact, I pretty much live off of eating meat. That being said I don't believe in killing animals for sport (hunting) and I am certainly against dog fighting. I'm a genuine dog lover and why anybody would want to hurt such creatures is beyond me. Seriously, have you seen any of the pics of the dogs he tortured? If that doesn't make your stomach churn or make you sad then I have serious questions about your humanity. People say, "But Vick did his time, paid his debt to society and people just can't get over it blah,blah,blah." Ok, not exactly.

In addition to football blogging, another hobby of mine is criminology. Now if one looks at the facts surrounding Michael Vick's case it becomes obvious that his sentence was less than a slap on the wrist compared to what he could have received. I'll let fellow blogger Chris Durant give the facts on this one:

"Here are the facts:

* Michael Vick was a REGISTERED dog breeder.

* April 24, 2007: Michael Vick’s cousin, Davon Boddie, was arrested in Hampton, Va., on drug charges, leading police to obtain a warrant to search his home (owned by Vick) for other drugs and paraphernalia.

* April 25, 2007: While serving the search warrant, police discovered evidence of an alleged dogfighting operation, including rape stands, pry bars, treadmills modified for dog training, and a blood-stained carpet. Animal-control officers also removed 66 dogs from the property, 55 of which were pit bulls.

* Vick and his co-defendants began the dogfighting operation in early 2001.

* Fights staged on the Surry County premises had purses of as much as $20,000 or more at times.

* The formation of Bad Newz Kennels and testing of the dogs began in early 2002. According to the indictment, one of the dogs did not fight well and was shot to death with a .22 caliber pistol.

* In March 2003, after a pit bull from Bad Newz Kennels lost in a fight, it was executed by wetting it with water and electrocuting it.

* In April 2007, approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in testing were killed by “hanging, drowning, and slamming at least one dog’s body to the ground.”

Given those facts, there was enough evidence to put Vick away for as much as 35 YEARS! Now obviously, nobody with that kind of money who's that well-known will ever be tried to the fullest extent of the law in America (sad but true). Needless to say, Vick cut every single break that was out there and was even tried in a federal court rather than the state of Virginia. He plead guilty to one (count 'em ONE) charge and that was a Conspiracy to travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fight Venture. He received the bare minimum of 23 months in prison for which he only served 18. Now, I'm not saying he should've been in prison for 35 years especially since he plead guilty but 18 months is WAY too short. To put it in perspective, if someone were to help their friends set up exactly ONE dog fight right now and get caught, they and everybody else who contributed to the dog fight would receive the exact same punishment as Vick. So, no, Vick did not pay his debt to society. He has seriously short-changed society.

To the people who say, "he's redeemed himself." How? By winning some football games? Yes, last year he had what was almost a dream season although in typical Philadelphia fashion his team lost in the playoffs. How exactly does that change anything? Here are some honest questions for people who support Vick. What if he never made it back to the NFL but still did his time then found a regular job somewhere and became a model citizen? I guarantee people would see him on the street and still shout, "dog killer!". What if he remained a back-up quarterback his whole career? Hell, I don't remember people talking about him redeeming himself when he was holding a clipboard in 2009. He would forever be known in the sports world as the guy who had it all but messed it up by doing the dog fighting thing.

Also anyone remember when he flipped off his own fans back in 2006? That same year he also took himself out of a game late in the season. Granted, that was the supposed "Old Vick" before he went to prison and matured. However, he showed his true colors a few weeks ago when he tried to blame the NFL officials for him taking a beating. Could there have been a personal foul called on the hit he took against the Giants? Possibly. But for Vick to act like the officials are somehow against him is a bunch of whiny, paranoid BS. To prove it, in that very same game, Eli Manning not only took a late hit in the pocket but also had his facemask grabbed and no flag was thrown. Sometimes officials just make bad calls. It happens. Now this is getting a bit extreme but with paranoia, narcissism, and a history of cruelty to animals, Michael Vick has the makings of a potential serial killer! Again, I know that's extreme but it gives you an idea of what kind of person he is.

EDIT: Ok, here's another thing that's pissing me off. Since Vick whined about the officials he's actually been getting MORE calls than other quarterbacks. There's a great lesson. If you don't get your way kids just whine and b**** about it until you do. Oh and it's fine to slaughter several innocent canines as long as you can come back and win a few football games. What a great role model you are Vick!

So, there you go. That is why I will never be a fan of Michael Vick.

I agree. Those who say Vick "paid his debt to society" are kidding themselves. I don't expect Eagles fans to care because he is helping them win some football games, so of course the attitude will be to either ignore the actual facts or simply not care because he plays well.

Michael Vick was not merely "fighting dogs" He was a rather sadistic son of a you know what when it came to the animals.

If it was anyone other than a celebrity that caught doing what was going on, on his own premises, they'd have gone to prison for a lot longer.

Not only that but as soon as Vick got his 100 million dollar contract he really seems to be back to his ****y, non-sympathetic self when it comes to the issue of the dog fighting. He has been kind of loose with his words which sort of indicate he doesn't even think it was that big of a deal what he was doing.

Disgusting.

I agree. Those who say Vick "paid his debt to society" are kidding themselves. I don't expect Eagles fans to care because he is helping them win some football games, so of course the attitude will be to either ignore the actual facts or simply not care because he plays well.

Michael Vick was not merely "fighting dogs" He was a rather sadistic son of a you know what when it came to the animals.

If it was anyone other than a celebrity that caught doing what was going on, on his own premises, they'd have gone to prison for a lot longer.

Not only that but as soon as Vick got his 100 million dollar contract he really seems to be back to his ****y, non-sympathetic self when it comes to the issue of the dog fighting. He has been kind of loose with his words which sort of indicate he doesn't even think it was that big of a deal what he was doing.

Disgusting.

That's another thing that pisses me off. Almost everyone I know who is so quick to defend Michael Vick is a damn Eagles fan. They were all, "He's a changed man." and "He deserves to be forgiven," in 2010. I would've loved to read their opinions on Vick in 2007-until mid 2009 before he was let out of prison.

I completely agree with this thread . There is no way Vick should be in the NFL and every second he is makes me despise the league and the Eagles especially . I have never seen him show remorse for what he did, nor do I ever think I have ever seen him take criticism for the full extent of his crimes .. not just the animal abuse but he was involved in running an illegal dog fighting ring ... now the people who go to those are not boy scouts for **** sake, you can imagine there was an awful lot of dirty money going through Vick towers ...but people forget about that .

As for the Eagles, the fact they could stand to be lead, and embrace this piece of human garbage speaks volumes for the eagles as an organization and the team...but then what more could you expect from Andy Reid who stood by and allowed two of his sons to turn into spoiled drug dealers thugs and I say that as a parent . Some times these kids can blame their upbringing but the Reid kids had everything except for a father who gave a **** . - I would hate Vick where ever he played but the Eagles and the Eagles fans are just diminishing in my opinion and you have to hope karma really does exist because certain individuals are doing an awful lot of sowing of bad seeds ...\

If Vick had joined the Skins I would have stopped watching them overnight ... and I have been a fan in the UK since 1986 ...

Way I see it if he hadn't been caught, he'd still be doing it. True redemption happens when you willingly out yourself, not doing minimum jail and then going on a campaign to say you're sorry so that you can be allowed to make millions of dollars. Maybe he really is sorry, and I hope he is, and thats a good step, but if I go shoot somebody dead and then apologize there are no words or actions that can take it back, and he is no different.

Oh man, too funny. Vick sticks it in the Skin's ass and then someone thinks, Hmm, I have an idea for a thread.....an original thought that hasn't been discussed 1000 times. LOL.

Except I started working on the article last week and finished yesterday BEFORE the game even started. Get your fact straight before you post and how about you actually READ the post then I just may think about taking you seriously. I clearly say in the first paragraph that my dislike of Vick has NOTHING to do with him wearing an Eagles uniform (though admittedly it does make him easier to hate).

Oh man, too funny. Vick sticks it in the Skin's ass and then someone thinks, Hmm, I have an idea for a thread.....an original thought that hasn't been discussed 1000 times. LOL.
Dream Team. :D

what a fairweather fan, this guy no shows every time he loses, and huzzah! as soon as his team wins his internet connection is back up. bravo, you are who we thought you were.

What's funny is that he clearly hit a little too close to the mark in his observation of certain Philly fans.

I've told this to a lot of people and I'll say it here in this thread, I guess. Here's the thing with Vick on why I do not believe that people should be saying, right now anyway, that he's changed. To my knowledge, he's still on parole, when he's finished with parole and no longer fears finishing his sentence in jail, if he continues with everything he's doing now, with the speaking to students, trying to get laws changed, etc. then I will say he's a changed man (as long as we don't find out he's fighting dogs or going to these places still and using the image as a front.)

I was criticized by a friend because I was not critical of Plexico Burrass when he got out of jail. This was explained and he agreed because Plex finished his prison term, yes he got out early, but he's not on parole anymore. Plex served his time for the crime he committed. Vick, even though he's not in jail and is allowed to play football in the NFL, is still being punished for his crimes. When he's done being punished, we'll see how his attitude is then. At which time, I'll pass judgement.

Tweeder, you must have missed my thread where I said the Eagles play the stupidest brand of football I have ever seen.

Are u mad?

yay, you made a thread off a knee jerk reaction awhile back, good for you. you're reputation proceeds you as everyone else in this thread is already pointing out.

lol, 2-4? hardly

I was criticized by a friend because I was not critical of Plexico Burrass when he got out of jail. This was explained and he agreed because Plex finished his prison term, yes he got out early, but he's not on parole anymore. Plex served his time for the crime he committed. Vick, even though he's not in jail and is allowed to play football in the NFL, is still being punished for his crimes. When he's done being punished, we'll see how his attitude is then. At which time, I'll pass judgement.

That and there is a huge difference between what Burress did and what Vick did. Burress is a dumbass. Vick is a sociopath. When the couple of interviews with him were released this summer you could tell he didn't really feel true remorse. You can blame some things on upbringing or the culture you are brought up in but nothing excuses "jump-roping" a dog to death. It takes a special kind of sick **** to do something like that. And what is truly sad is that his level of "redemption" is directly tied to how well he plays.

Tweeder, you must have missed my thread where I said the Eagles play the stupidest brand of football I have ever seen.

Are u mad?

Dude, you were NOWHERE to be found the last 2 weeks. You are constantly "missing" when the Eagles lose (Phils too, I imagine). The Eagles win, and magically you show up in a thread about Mike Vick. And we are supposed to think it is just some happy coincidence?

Disgusting.

I completely agree. And I also agree with OP. **** Micheal Vick. He's a douche of a human being and it's annoying to see Redskins fans run to his side (I'm guess it's because of his VT roots).

But does anyone ever complains of Donte Stallworth killing a man with his vehical while drunk?

I complain about it all the time and I'd rather not have him on our team.

But does anyone ever complains of Donte Stallworth killing a man with his vehical while drunk?

no one likes the fact that it happened, but these are two comletely different scenarios. stallworth unintentionally, but still drinking while driving, hit a pedestrian who was jaywalking across the street. he stayed with the man until authorities arrived on scene. a little different from someone who intentionally sets up a dog fighting ring, kills and tortures dogs, and when caught denies anything ever happened.

Dude, you were NOWHERE to be found the last 2 weeks. You are constantly "missing" when the Eagles lose (Phils too, I imagine). The Eagles win, and magically you show up in a thread about Mike Vick. And we are supposed to think it is just some happy coincidence?

lol, it ain't a coincidence, it's why he isn't responding anymore.

Yes, but again it's not even close to the same thing. Stallworth made a stupid, conscious decision to hop behind the wheel of his vehicle and it ended up costing a man his life. But he didn't consciously mean to kill the guy. Still a horrible thing though. But what Micheal Vick did was his choice and his intent.

Archived