Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why I Will Never Respect Michael Vick

CapnRedskins

I don't care if he had intent or not. Someone was killed at the hands of his drinking and driving.

Someone died because that someone broke the law themselves and crossed the street wherever they wanted to. I'm not saying the deceased is solely at fault, but it's not like Stallworth swerved across three lanes of traffic and up onto a sidewalk. Same thing could have happened to a sober driver.

Vick, however, thought up all sorts of creative ways to kill the dogs, including treating one like a sledgehammer by slamming it into the ground multiple times.

Was the person being operated on breaking the law too?

If they were, they get a share of the blame. Or at least alleviate some of the guilt of the surgeon if you don't want to "blame the victim." I'm not condemning Stallworth to the Chair. It was dark, and the guy crossed the road he had no business doing so. It would be hard to blame somebody for running over a pedestrian on the Beltway at 4 AM, because they're not supposed to be running across the road like morons. Stallworth broke the law, but he's not a murder, that's all I'm saying. I'm not gonna demand he fry for it, but he still did something illegal and was punished for it. Stallworth is not Leonard Little.

Michael Vick paid his debt to society and this dog fighting saga that was concerned with him has been over for quite sometime. Put a muzzle on it already. People have been fighting pit bull terriers for over many decades all over the world. If you want to speak out on animal abuse or dog abuse in particular, then why not speak out against those who are still doing it. You single out Vick only because he's young, of African descent, and rich. If it were Tom Brady and Peyton Mannning, you wouldn't be doing it.

You should see what's going on in Brazil, with men and women committing bestiality with dogs and other animals every single day! Why don't you speak out against that instead of attempting to judge one man for dog fighting? And by the way, Vick never fought dogs. He only financed the operation.

Oh wow another person who thinks they they know what they are talking about. The reason I singled out Vick is because so many people claim he "redeemed" himself. I woudl do the same thing if it was Brady, Manning or any other player. RACE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT and don't DARE play that card. Also, a good portion of my dislike for Vick has NOTHING to do with dogfighting. I'm guessing you didn't read even read the article. Read the F***ing article before running your mouth dumbass!

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 07:37 PM ----------

You are reading too much into this entire thread. It's not about race, it's about Vick being an Eagle, and beating said team that this bulletin board represents, multiple times. If this was posted half a decade ago, pre-Eagles, when this was a story, the context and how you interpret it would be more debatable.

I am BEGGING somebody to actually read the article before posting I say very clearly in the SECOND SENTENCE that this has nothing to do with Vick being and Eagle. Stop making up **** people!

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 07:45 PM ----------

If Vick would have went Chris Brown on his girlfriend instead of killing dogs, there would not nearly be the hate and disdain for him.

SO now you're just making assumptions about me based on nothing?!

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 07:50 PM ----------

Vick is the scum of the universe and the fact the NFL is allowing him to play just pisses me off

See, now there I disagree. If someone serves their time and is released from prison, why shouldn't they be allowed to play if a team is willing to sign them. I just don't believe Vick should've been let out of prison. The man still belongs behind bars and the facts surrounding the case support my opinion.

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 08:03 PM ----------

Also Redskins4ever. How do you know that I don't go around protesting dog fighting in general? Huh? You honestly think Vick is the only person I dislike because of these heinous crimes?

No, I don't think a dog's life is greater than that of a human's. At what point did I even imply that. You really need to get your head out of your ass and stop making assumptions buddy boy. I'm almost embarrassed that you and I cheer for the same team.

If you believe that you are dumber than you seem. Race has nothing to do with this, unless you are a racist. Good luck with that.

That's right he's a businessman, baby! So killing the dogs is OK, but fighting them is bad. lol

Thinking anyone is singling out Vick because he is black is laughable. They're singling him out because he's a friggin douchebag.

It has everything to do with race. Only caucasian people are saying this. Only Caucasian people are judging Michael Vick. Only Caucasian people are saying that animal life is more valuable than human life. Only Caucasian people are setting the standards of right and wrong when it comes to this topic. Only Caucasian people allow dogs to lick from out of their plates. So, it does have everything to do with race. I stand by what I say.

It has everything to do with race. Only caucasian people are saying this. Only Caucasian people are judging Michael Vick. Only Caucasian people are saying that animal life is more valuable than human life. Only Caucasian people are setting the standards of right and wrong when it comes to this topic. Only Caucasian people allow dogs to lick from out of their plates. So, it does have everything to do with race. I stand by what I say.

Well, at least you are open about your racism.

If I killed someone due to a DUI and was given 18 months in Jail, would you agree that I paid my debt to society?

---------- Post added October-20th-2011 at 01:27 AM ----------

What do you mean "judging Michael Vick" Get out of here with that. Michael Vick didn't "think about killing dogs" He did it. People are reacting to his crimes. Not judging him based on some type of hypothetical scenario.

Also, this has NOTHING to do with Animal life being more important than human life. NOTHING WHATSOEVER. No one is even comparing this to a human murder case. It is apples and oranges. Of course someone murdering a person is worse than murdering an animal, that is not even up for debate.

That doesn't make what Vick did or the fact this his celebrity status helped get him a much shorter sentence than any of us would have received, or the fact that everytime he has been pressed on the issue since becoming "the man" again, he seems to be back-tracking on how vile a crime he thinks it actually is.

:ols:

God I love ES. I'm Indian and judged Mike Vick, he's a horrible person and I don't care if he's "paid his debt to society", he's still a piece of **** scumbag. He killed and harmed innocent animals who could not defend themselves, he's pure scum yet I see more and more adults/kids wearing Mike Vick jerseys. I don't see how any parent could allow their child to look up to such a vile human being. There's NO excuse for what he did, NONE.

Oh wow another person who thinks they they know what they are talking about. The reason I singled out Vick is because so many people claim he "redeemed" himself. I woudl do the same thing if it was Brady, Manning or any other player. RACE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT and don't DARE play that card. Also, a good portion of my dislike for Vick has NOTHING to do with dogfighting. I'm guessing you didn't read even read the article. Read the F***ing article before running your mouth dumbass!

Also Redskins4ever. How do you know that I don't go around protesting dog fighting in general? Huh? You honestly think Vick is the only person I dislike because of these heinous crimes?

No, I don't think a dog's life is greater than that of a human's. At what point did I even imply that. You really need to get your head out of your ass and stop making assumptions buddy boy. I'm almost embarrassed that you and I cheer for the same team.

I do know what I'm talking about. That's why you felt the need to quote me. You are acting like Michael Vick is a serial rapist or something. The man was arrested, convicted, sentenced, did his time, and was reinstated back into the National Football League. He's won the NFL Comeback Player of the Year award and given a new contract. And here were are, still harping and griping about what he's already paid his debt to society for. It really makes me shake my head to see grown men ****ing like women over this. It makes you look foolish.

As I stated in my initial post, why don't people speak out against bestiality and other sick crimes humans are doing with animals. That to me is insane and cruelty to animals. Vick's situation is past tense now. Let it go.

Everything you have just said is blatantly incorrect.

As I stated in my initial post, why don't people speak out against bestiality and other sick crimes humans are doing with animals. That to me is insane and cruelty to animals. Vick's situation is past tense now. Let it go.

They do. All the time, in fact. You're just very sensitive about this subject because it involves a high profile black man and hits on some sort of confirmation bias of yours.

Well, at least you are open about your racism.

There's no such thing as a Moorish racist. If a million Africans kill a million whites in this country, it still can not make up for all of the slavery, maltreatment, prejudice, fighting for civil rights, and continuing racism that people of African descent have endured from whites since the first slaves came to this country up until this point.

If someone call you out, the first thing you do is cry racism. I'm not a racist. I love wholeheartedly those who love me wholeheartedly regardless or their ethnicity or nationality. That's called humanity in case you didn't know.

Everything you have just said is blatantly incorrect.

They do. All the time, in fact. You're just very sensitive about this subject because it involves a high profile black man and hits on some sort of confirmation bias of yours.

What I stated is indeed fact, young one. You are the one feeling sensitive simply because you felt the need to respond to it. A word of advice. Respect your elders young one, and learn to keep your mouth shut when grown folks are talking.

There's no such thing as a Moorish racist. If a million Africans kill a million whites in this country, it still can not make up for all of the slavery, maltreatment, prejudice, fighting for civil rights, and continuing racism that people of African descent have endured from whites since the first slaves came to this country up until this point.

If someone call you out, the first thing you do is cry racism. I'm not a racist. I love wholeheartedly those who love me wholeheartedly regardless or their ethnicity or nationality. That's called humanity in case you didn't know.

Make up for it?

First off, the people alive today did not own slaves, so stop trying to put that on US...yes those that did own slaves back in those days we trash and ignorant...but we are talking about Michael Vick, not some slave from 100 years ago.

That is the problem with some blacks today.... they always try and pull that race card on whites and talk about slavery..... we can not make up for others wrong doings from 100 years ago, WE did not own slaves. Yes there is racism today still, sadly .. but I dont care if Vick was blue , purple, or green...he is a piece of **** regardless

All of this "race" talk is just ignorant in this thread..we all know what happened in the past..the PAST, which we people alive today had nothing to do with

I take it most of you who're condemning Vick have never been arrested before. If any of you have, you realize that everything you did was magnified and sensationalized to the maximum degree.

Also, to all of you high and mighty hypocrites need to look at yourselves in the mirror. What Michael Vick allegedly did happens in meat slaughter houses each and every day. Just remember, whenever you take a bite out of your next juicy hamburger or steak,please know that you're supporting this barbaric practice. If you all care about animals so much you will turn vegetarian and write your congressman and senators to end the barbaric practice in slaughter houses across the county.

Your selective outrage is really indicative something else IMO. And it has nothing to do with the welfare of animals.

I do know what I'm talking about. That's why you felt the need to quote me. You are acting like Michael Vick is a serial rapist or something. The man was arrested, convicted, sentenced, did his time, and was reinstated back into the National Football League. He's won the NFL Comeback Player of the Year award and given a new contract. And here were are, still harping and griping about what he's already paid his debt to society for. It really makes me shake my head to see grown men ****ing like women over this. It makes you look foolish.

The "man" brutalized animals and was given a bull**** sentence that any non-celebrity, ESPECIALLY someone who wasn't Caucasian, would still be serving for another decade or two.

Your argument is that all should be forgiven because he runs real fast and throws real far. Yeah, brilliant.

Actually, you know what? I'm with you. Every single person in jail's crimes are past tense now. Let's release all of them. All of the rapists can be OB/GYNs, all of the pedophiles can run day cares, and all of the Michael Vicks, err, animal torturers can run Kennelz (see what I did there?).

I know that you agree with this idea, because if you don't, then it completely negates your ridiculous and pathetic "argument."

---------- Post added October-20th-2011 at 06:25 AM ----------

I take it most of you who're condemning Vick have never been arrested before. If any of you have, you realize that everything you did was magnified and sensationalized to the maximum degree.

Also, to all of you high and mighty hypocrites need to look at yourselves in the mirror. What Michael Vick allegedly did happens in meat slaughter houses each and every day. Just remember, whenever you take a bite out of your next juicy hamburger or steak,please know that you're supporting this barbaric practice. If you all care about animals so much you will turn vegetarian and write your congressman and senators to end the barbaric practice in slaughter houses across the county.

Your selective outrage is really indicative something else IMO. And it has nothing to do with the welfare of animals.

Because a person has been arrested means that he's an expert on the torture of animals? You use sensationalism to counter your argument of sensationalism? Drowning and electrocuting animals to death needs to be sensationalized?

Come on, 3.26 lightyears, explain that a little bit further.

Dear Lord, the stupidity in this thread is just on a whole other level. When I read Redskins4ever, I think of a select few things:

1) He really likes bringing up that Vick was Comeback Player of the Year...I don't think he actually knows why, or what it has to do with what we are talking about...but he sure loves to bring it up.

2) He likes to slight people because of their age....when he has nothing to actually respond with, and people younger than him are making him look like a fool/tool....but at least it gives him some time to come up with a ridiculous response that contributes nothing to the conversation

3) He is one-upping his outrageous comments each and every time he posts....it makes him look like a conspriacy theorist in the worst way, and now everyone thinks he's a straight racist...probably because it's true

4)

demotivational-posters-zip-zop-bill-cosbie-jpg.jpg

I believe this is what's going on in Redskins4ever's head

I do believe there are many who are racist wrt their hatred of Vick. In fact I know members of my family who are. Not saying that it's everyone, or even a majority, but I don't think we can say that there are not a significant portion of people who deep inside use his dogfighting conviction as a reason to hate him, or never forgive him.

There's no such thing as a Moorish racist.,
Ever hear of the Barbary pirates?
If a million Africans kill a million whites in this country. it still can not make up for all of the slavery, maltreatment, prejudice, fighting for civil rights, and continuing racism that people of African descent have endured from whites since the first slaves came to this country up until this point.
Should black on black massacres like Rwanda continue? After all, it still can not make up for all of the slavery, maltreatment, prejudice, fighting for civil rights, and continuing racism that people of African descent have endured from Africans since the first slaves in Africa. See how ignorant your line of thinking is?
Yet you make racist statements like "no moors can be racist" and "only white people let dogs lick their plates" (wrong too unfortunately). Whether your trolling or not, everyone here know that the poster Redskins4ever = a trolling racist.
Vick's situation is past tense now. Let it go.
LMAO! Guess we need to release everybody from prison, since all their situations are past tense. And since slavery is past tense in this country, guess we all need to let that go, and focus only on places like the Sudan, where slavery still exists.

What I stated is indeed fact, young one. You are the one feeling sensitive simply because you felt the need to respond to it. A word of advice. Respect your elders young one, and learn to keep your mouth shut when grown folks are talking.

Well young one. Let's see if you can practice what you preach. As in keeping your mough shut when grown folks talk. I'm not going to dissect your posts in this thread because I simply don't have time. Addressing that much ignorance is a day job. Now keep this in mind as well. Just responding to this isn't an example of sensitivity,(though I would suggest for that,you look no further than the mirror),it's an example of disagreement with most,if not all your statements so far in this thread,(which is now closed for obvious reasons). Want to see examples of members here taking on cruelty to animals and people in other states and countries,look no further than The Tailgate forum,(that goes for you too Parsec). Want to find examples of that in the real world,take your blinders off,look around and listen with an open mind for a change,(that's a hint btw). I will finish this off with this.

If this were true:

I'm not a racist. I love wholeheartedly those who love me wholeheartedly regardless or their ethnicity or nationality. That's called humanity in case you didn't know.

You wouldn't have said something as stupid as this:

Now that'll be enough out of you young one.

Oh. And to the OP. Recommendation. Be very careful how you respond in the future. That one above could have gotten you some time off,but I'm going to simply issue a warning. That is all.

Archived