Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why I Will Never Respect Michael Vick

CapnRedskins

He's a horrible person, and prison does not turn horrible people into good people. Some find religion and truly turn around, but it took giving their entire life to jesus christ, and going to church twice a week to keep them from doing horrible things.

Give me a ****ing break with Vick. What a formality, 18 months of prison. The guy is ****ing scum, and he is getting awfully ****y and loose lately. "oh he's not allowed another chance?". I wouldn't consider right now Vicks 'second chance'. It's not like he's going to kill anymore dogs. They won't even let him have dogs, what is he going to have quickie dogfights in a street alley to get his 'fix'? It's not like he would have ever stopped if he wasn't caught. He pretty much got away with it, because here he sits, $100 million contract. Couple prime athletic years gone. Boo Hoo. Kory Lichtensteiger is looking at about the same time frame, and I bet he has an awesome dog that he takes very good care of lol.

So sick of seeing Vicks face. You know how when he's saying nice, or funny things, getting along all willy nilly with reporters, I can't take him seriously and never will. Look at him. Look at that ****ing face. Picked up dogs, slammed them to the ground, drowned, etc..you know the story. He is a person capable of doing those things. Murderers of humans aren't far off. You think he would kill a man and not feel bad about it? I do, seriously. Stop acting like a couple years in prison does anything. In Vick's case, it was 'how long until I can play football', he doesn't feel bad for one second about any of those dogs, give me a ****ing break.

ahh, that's always a good rant to get out. **** you Michael Vick, you're a ****ing piece of trash, and you haven't learned one god damn lesson in your whole life.

for the record, I wouldn't buy it if he were on the Skins either. I'd be really ****in upset if he were on this team.

What I'm picking up from a lot of these post is straight up hate. You mean to tell me you hate this man because he tortured

I don't know Vick on a personal level however I hate his actions with dogfighting. I think his involvement in the dogfighting is disgusting. Hey some people don't care though and that's their opinion.

What I'm picking up from a lot of these post is straight up hate. You mean to tell me you hate this man because he tortured

I don't know Vick on a personal level however I hate his actions with dogfighting. I think his involvement in the dogfighting is disgusting. Hey some people don't care though and that's their opinion.

That's fair enough. For the record, I don't like what he did either.

I

It seems to me that you have a problem with white people. Please correct me if I am wrong. No one even brought race up until you posted. You're trying to argue if Brady or so and so white man had done this then no one would be talking about it. Well guess what they didn't do it, but I know if they did we would be talking about it. I think you should take a step back and stop using the race card.

I don't have a problem with white people, Anglo Saxon people, or any person of European descent. I like wholeheartedly whoever likes me wholeheartedly.

What I have a problem with is injustice, especially the kind that has been going on in this nation since the day it was founded. The same injustice that led to lynchings, church burnings, and other horrific things that white people have gotten away with in this country.

Michael Vick was suspended from the NFL. He went to prison for a crime that truthfully wasn't a crime. He served his time. Commission Goddell reinstated him. He won the NFL comeback player of the year award and was given a new contract, and here we are, four years later, still talking about this. The point, and root of this thread, is rooted in hatred. I'm just speaking out against it.

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 11:31 PM ----------

While the rest of your post was equally idiotic, I felt the need to quote this particular bit of idiocy. Why? Because logic/reasoning (or whatever you call it)....is ridiculous. In my eyes, he'll never be able to 'pay his debt to society'. Why? Because he didn't torture society. He tortured animals and many of them are dead. If he really wants to pay his debt he can take his own life donate the 'winnings' from his life insurance policies to animal shelters around the world.

Project your own anti-black, anti-youth, anti-Brazil hatred on someone else. I'm not buying it.

Now you are putting words into my mouth. That to me is not only idiotic, but mentally retarded as well. I'm not concerned with how you feel about Michael Vick. Vick is not the only person is the world who has ever done this. And he didn't do anything but use his own money to support it. He wasn't guilty of fighting any dogs. People who have pitbull terriers fight them all over the globe every single day. It's what people do. Michael Vick, multimillionaire NFL ICON quarterback, is just like anybody else. He just happens to be a football player in the National Football League.

As I said earlier....if it was Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers or Tony Romo sits to pee or Chad Henne or any of these good ole American people, you wouldn't be saying what you're saying.

And how can I be "anti black" when my forefathers come from west Africa? You shouldn't put words into peoples mouths. It makes you look embarrassingly stupid!

As far as me being anti Brazilian, I never said that. You did. I just mentioned bestiality, which is a far worse crime than dog fighting, going on in that part of the world. You can't argue the cases of dog fighting vs. bestiality because you know I am right, which is why you can only try to argue this BS by trying to put words into my mouth. Imbecile!!!!!!!!!

What I have a problem with is injustice, especially the kind that has been going on in this nation since the day it was founded. The same injustice that led to lynchings, church burnings, and other horrific things that white people have gotten away with in this country.

Michael Vick was suspended from the NFL. He went to prison for a crime that truthfully wasn't a crime. He served his time. Commission Goddell reinstated him. He won the NFL comeback player of the year award and was given a new contract, and here we are, four years later, still talking about this. The point, and root of this thread, is rooted in hatred. I'm just speaking out against it.

You need to pick your battles more wisely unless you wish to completely trivialize your cause with your inability to differentiate between hatred of the man's race and hatred of the man himself.

the hatred toward vick is often pretty vehement, but it has nothing to do with race. of course youve got those few that seem to think everything revolves around race, but they are the minute minority and theyre pretty stupid.

the people who are big about the whole vick thing are typically those that are against animal cruelty. like it or not its a big crime, and with the way vick financed /ran it, he had to break several laws over and over again without caring about the reprocussions. thats the problem here imo.

have you ever seen Koolblue post. he is so anti every thing remotely close to harming animals that its funny. he'll try to make you feel bad about eating bacon in the morning. but he believes it, and there are a lot of people like him or similar to him that have a strong opinion on the topic and voice that opinion.

it has absolutely nothing to do with race.

You need to pick your battles more wisely unless you wish to completely trivialize your cause with your inability to differentiate between hatred of the man's race and hatred of the man himself.

Who do you think you are talking to, young one? Who in the hell said that this was a battle? You white people say something entirely different than what I state. I mentioned that this thread is rooted in hatred. The fool who posted it in the first place admits it when he entitles it "Why I hate Michael Vick". And this is why I hate the fool who started this thread. It's really not necessary to talk about this anymore. It's one and done. Let's move on. Shall we?

It does have something to do with race. Why do white people have to try and set the standard of what is right and wrong in this country? Most of the people who put down Vick have never owned a pit bull in their lives. Most people view pit bull terriers as mean, aggressive, blood thirsty dogs which is why they never had one to begin with. Pit Bull Terriers, whether you realize it or not, are natural fighting dogs. So are the Japanese Akita. Fighting is what their breed for. Sure, you can have them as pets, but you should always be aware of the nature of that pet.

Why not condemn those who kill alligators and make belts and shoes out of them? Or those who go to Africa and slaughter leopards and sell their skins? Michael Vick answered to your standard of good by doing his time in prison. He's been released and he's back in the NFL and so we move on with life.

A) Race was never brought up until you mentioned it and honestly the people who pull the race card are usually the same people who have some kind of inferiority complex about black QBs and get offended anytime anyone criticizes one and always wants to say that white QBs get special treatment (usually citing Brady and Manning as examples just like you did).

B) He didn't just fight dogs, he ran a dog fighting organization and killed and tortured dogs that couldn't make the cut. You have to be several levels deep into shady **** to run an organized dog fighting ring when you're already a multi-millionaire.

C) Dogs are intelligent animals capable of feeling emotions and you can't compare the breeding, fighting, torturing and killing of them to people that kill wild animals and use them for food and products. When people kill alligators they shoot them in the top of the head and kill them instantly, they don't electrocute, beat, drown or hang them (after making them fight other alligators for most of their life).

And not only all of that, he's a douchebag of a person who flips off fans, cries about taking hits from defensive players (despite tucking the ball and running), and he's a Philidelphia Eagle. I'm surprised at how many Redskins fans run to his aid when people talk **** about him on here.

So you support Vick because your black like he is? I guess you cheered when oj got off! Vick is scum doesn't matter what color he is. A mans soul has no color but Vick doesn't have a soul, no descent human could torture an animal or a human being. Vick will get his, it's a matter of time.

So you support Vick because your black like he is? I guess you cheered when oj got off! Vick is scum doesn't matter what color he is. A mans soul has no color but Vick doesn't have a soul, no descent human could torture an animal or a human being. Vick will get his, it's a matter of time.

Vick will get his? Where is that coming from?

A) Race was never brought up until you mentioned it and honestly the people who pull the race card are usually the same people who have some kind of inferiority complex about black QBs and get offended anytime anyone criticizes one and always wants to say that white QBs get special treatment (usually citing Brady and Manning as examples just like you did).

B) He didn't just fight dogs, he ran a dog fighting organization and killed and tortured dogs that couldn't make the cut. You have to be several levels deep into shady **** to run an organized dog fighting ring when you're already a multi-millionaire.

C) Dogs are intelligent animals capable of feeling emotions and you can't compare the breeding, fighting, torturing and killing of them to people that kill wild animals and use them for food and products. When people kill alligators they shoot them in the top of the head and kill them instantly, they don't electrocute, beat, drown or hang them (after making them fight other alligators for most of their life).

And not only all of that, he's a douchebag of a person who flips off fans, cries about taking hits from defensive players (despite tucking the ball and running), and he's a Philidelphia Eagle. I'm surprised at how many Redskins fans run to his aid when people talk **** about him on here.

Now you're flipping the discussion to something else entirely. I mentioned Brady and Manning because they are NFL Icons like Vick is. There have been a number of QBs of Moorish descent in the NFL. Doug Williams, Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Vince Evans, Joe Briscoe, Kordell Stewart, James Harris, Daunte Culpepper, Steve McNair(RIP), Randall Cunningham, and of course the greatest of them all, Warren Moon.

The Moorish QB has excelled in the NFL for a long time so you can't bring up that argument. There's no inferiority complex here.

Dogs are beasts. They are not people. You are acting like you care about animals more than people. Vick never killed any dogs himself. Why are you judging him for committing crimes that he's not guilty of. Other people killed those dogs. If you care about dogs more than people and you're human, you really need to go get your head examined.

You are a fool. Dogs bark. Dogs whine. Dogs pant. Dogs roll over. Dogs sit down. Dogs walk. Dogs scratch themselves. Dogs have flees. Dogs are not intelligent. Dogs can't do math problems or read books. Dogs can't count from 1 to 5. What are you talking about? Dogs do have great senses. Dogs can see in the dark. Dogs make good pets. Dogs are not intelligent.

Dogs have emotions? Man, you are truly messed up in the head, dude. Dogs do get angry. Dogs growl. Dogs wag their tails. Dogs are not human, man. And they will never be. Stop acting like dogs are human. There's nothing wrong with having them as pets. I've had 5 dogs during my almost 40 years. Did I love them all? Yes, I did. But I never treated them like they were my children, or my brother, or uncle.

Me being a Redskin fan has nothing to do with this. As a matter of fact, football has nothing to do with this topic. As a die hard Redskin fan, I hope anyone on our defense breaks Vick's leg whenever we play him. But as a man aside from that living on this planet, I will always speak out against injustice when I see it or hear of it.

These #s show just how much pull Vick has in Redskin's markets. People love him or hate him love to watch him.

I don't profess to know what its like to grow up in a rough area of Hampton/Chesapeake, the western suburbs of Richmond were WHITE to say the least, but I can understand that Vick didn't know better to treat dogs like pets and grew up around others treating dogs in inhumane ways, so what do you expect from a guy who is a product of his environment? Now he has paid for his crimes. He has finally been taught by a nation that dogs are pets and shouldn't be treated like yesterdays garbage. .... that's my peace

These are the Sunday Night Football #s for markets .....RICHMOND sure loves some Vick, huh? and DC is not too far behind

TOP 10 METERED MARKETS FOR EAGLES-FALCONS:

Atlanta, 33.6/50

Philadelphia, 33.5/49

New Orleans, 27.9/37

Richmond, 27.4/34

Norfolk, 25.7/37

Washington, D.C., 20.3/34

Las Vegas, 19.6/31

Memphis, 18.9/27

Dallas, 18.2/29

Charlotte, 18.1/28

Who do you think you are talking to, young one?

I'm not entirely sure but initial impressions are not good, closing in on middle-aged one.

Who in the hell said that this was a battle?

I really shouldn't have to explain this to you... so I won't: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-it-mean-to-pick-your-battles.htm

You white people say something entirely different than what I state. I mentioned that this thread is rooted in hatred. The fool who posted it in the first place admits it when he entitles it "Why I hate Michael Vick". And this is why I hate the fool who started this thread. It's really not necessary to talk about this anymore. It's one and done. Let's move on. Shall we?

If a good number of people are misinterpreting what you are saying it is usually an indication that you need to do a better job of presenting your opinion.

Sometimes, you read things from posters that forever change your opinion of them. Its why I stay out of political threads and social rights threads in the Tailgate, for the most part. This thread has contained many of those moments for me. Luckily, I didn't hold many of those posters in high regard anyways.

Sometimes, you read things from posters that forever change your opinion of them. Its why I stay out of political threads and social rights threads in the Tailgate, for the most part. This thread has contained many of those moments for me. Luckily, I didn't hold many of those posters in high regard anyways.

That's fairly inconsistent with my experience as someone who has been a regular in both the Tailgate and the Stadium. Good posters are good posters. They might occasionally say something dumb or state an opinion that you find personally objectionable but for the most part you can still respect the way they conduct themselves, no matter how misguided you may think their professed opinion is. The ES Tailgate at FedEx Field would be a bloodbath if people were actually so uptight and combative about their beliefs (football or otherwise) as they sometimes seem on here. :ols:

Dogs are beasts. They are not people. You are acting like you care about animals more than people. Vick never killed any dogs himself. Why are you judging him for committing crimes that he's not guilty of. Other people killed those dogs. If you care about dogs more than people and you're human, you really need to go get your head examined.

You are a fool. Dogs bark. Dogs whine. Dogs pant. Dogs roll over. Dogs sit down. Dogs walk. Dogs scratch themselves. Dogs have flees. Dogs are not intelligent. Dogs can't do math problems or read books. Dogs can't count from 1 to 5. What are you talking about? Dogs do have great senses. Dogs can see in the dark. Dogs make good pets. Dogs are not intelligent.

Dogs have emotions? Man, you are truly messed up in the head, dude. Dogs do get angry. Dogs growl. Dogs wag their tails. Dogs are not human, man. And they will never be. Stop acting like dogs are human. There's nothing wrong with having them as pets. I've had 5 dogs during my almost 40 years. Did I love them all? Yes, I did. But I never treated them like they were my children, or my brother, or uncle.

Me being a Redskin fan has nothing to do with this. As a matter of fact, football has nothing to do with this topic. As a die hard Redskin fan, I hope anyone on our defense breaks Vick's leg whenever we play him. But as a man aside from that living on this planet, I will always speak out against injustice when I see it or hear of it.

I can see why you side with Vick. You seem to think just alike.

That's fairly inconsistent with my experience as someone who has been a regular in both the Tailgate and the Stadium. Good posters are good posters. They might occasionally say something dumb or state an opinion that you find personally objectionable but for the most part you can still respect the way they conduct themselves, no matter how misguided you may think their professed opinion is. The ES Tailgate at FedEx Field would be a bloodbath if people were actually so uptight and combative about their beliefs (football or otherwise) as they sometimes seem on here. :ols:

I guess this is true. Mostly, my observation pertains to those in certain social rights related threads. NavyDave is one example, although I don't mean to call anyone out here. He doesn't spend TOO much time in the Stadium, but I don't find myself thinking "damn, this is one ignorant moron" when he does. Now, add my knowledge of his personal beliefs on certain issues into the equation...same with Arsenic and his conspiracy theories, and I don't think he'd feel "called out" to read this :ols:. When you believe the crazy things that he does, you expect to be ridiculed and called on it--it comes with the territory. But after reading his beliefs and arguments for them in depth, I found that every time I came across a football-related post of his, I rolled my eyes. And not necessarily at the content of the individual post, which just isn't fair to him at all.

That's why I try to stay out of those threads now.

I guess this is true. Mostly, my observation pertains to those in certain social rights related threads. NavyDave is one example, although I don't mean to call anyone out here. He doesn't spend TOO much time in the Stadium, but I don't find myself thinking "damn, this is one ignorant moron" when he does. Now, add my knowledge of his personal beliefs on certain issues into the equation...same with Arsenic and his conspiracy theories, and I don't think he'd feel "called out" to read this :ols:. When you believe the crazy things that he does, you expect to be ridiculed and called on it--it comes with the territory. But after reading his beliefs and arguments for them in depth, I found that every time I came across a football-related post of his, I rolled my eyes. And not necessarily at the content of the individual post, which just isn't fair to him at all.

haha well i hope you dont roll your eyes on my posts (due to my religious beliefs), cuz ive been amazingly accurate since ive posted in the stadium.. and cut navydave some slack, he's been pretty solid lately.

NavyDave just doesn't put enough effort in to his posts to sound entirely reasonable at any given time. It's more his style to be curt and dismissive, which is far easier to get away with when it comes to football but is still somewhat of a fault.

haha well i hope you dont roll your eyes on my posts (due to my religious beliefs), cuz ive been amazingly accurate since ive posted in the stadium.. and cut navydave some slack, he's been pretty solid lately.

Even if I disagreed, I wouldn't hold someone's religious beliefs against them, nearly 100% of the time. Just some opinions on certain social issues, or unflagging belief in elaborate, ridiculous conspiracy theories. :evil:

Oh trust me, to this day I believe that he should still be in jail and should be there till the day he dies. People can say that they had never heard that dog fighting is against the law, but who in this country does not know that drinking and driving is not against the law. What Donte Stallworth did should be considered murder in the first degree.

Yes I know Stallworth is a Redskin now, but does not mean anything to me. He should have been given a life sentence w/o the possibility for parole.

I hope you don't actually believe this?

You obviously don't know the defintion of murder. Or how law works. Sad.

And I'm in no way codoning what Stallworth did. Matter of fact, I didn't want him on our team. But what you're saying here is just ridiculous.

You single out Vick only because he's young, of African descent, and rich. If it were Tom Brady and Peyton Mannning, you wouldn't be doing it.

If you believe that you are dumber than you seem. Race has nothing to do with this, unless you are a racist. Good luck with that.

And by the way, Vick never fought dogs. He only financed the operation.

That's right he's a businessman, baby! So killing the dogs is OK, but fighting them is bad. lol

Thinking anyone is singling out Vick because he is black is laughable. They're singling him out because he's a friggin douchebag.

I can see where Redskins4ever is coming from. No question that dog fighting is a black thing. Maybe it's more rural poor I don't know but there is a cultural component to it and I can see that if someone doesn't really give a **** about non-human life to begin with (like clearly Redskins4ever does not when he attempts to justify torture and killing of other life forms by dismissing them as "beasts") then it does seem a bit racist that (white) people come down on dog fighting so hard but then have no problem with hunting or bull fighting.

Luckily some of us don't have to do the morality dance where some try and explain why fighting and killing a dog is somehow horrible but to do the same to a bull or to hunt a deer is a-okay. All of it is disgusting and repulsive and an archaic tradition from an uncivilized past.

I recently saw an article about how in an eastern country (forgot if it was Vietnam or elsewhere) people go around picking up dogs from the towns (many who belong to people as pets) and pack them in tiny cages and stack them in the back of pickup trucks. They are taken to town and killed and served in the restaurants. Those of us who find eating meat disgusting and unnecessary can be outraged. Those who eat meat have no leg to stand on however. You can't blast that and then turn around and support the torture and horrid living conditons of other animals who are then murdered just because you CHOOSE to eat their flesh. Why is it choosing to eat a cow is okay but choosing to eat a dog is not? Because you/society has decided which animals we can inflict torture and death and which we don't? It's just like choosing to see the horror in dog fighting but not in hunting or bull fighting.

You want to have moral authority? You better be consistent in it. Otherwise you're no better than the boobs you're attacking.

Having said that, Redskins4ever, some of us aren't afraid when someone uses the race card to try and win an arguement.

If dog fighting is okay in the "black" community. Well **** the "black" community then. Just like I say **** any religion that continues to sacrifice animals and **** to hispanic "culture" that embraces bullfighting. The human race needs to check itself. Can I be any more clear?

Archived