Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Young receivers

SkinfanAZ

Not sure why the Skins aren't using Leonard Hankerson, and Niles Paul.

These kids are certainly better than Dante, and Jabbar. We need to have tall, strong, physical, and fast WRs to win ... Want proof. Think about Calvin Johnson/Detroit; Dez Bryant/Cowturds; Andre Johnson/Texans; etc.

Austin should be in the mix including in the KR/PR game. Brandon has been unimpressive, thus far!

I have been impressed with Gaffney before today's game. Usually he is a sure catch, but he had a number of drops today. Having Armstrong back next week should certainly help, but if Gaffney continues to struggle they should put Hanrkeson in. Not surprised that our Wrs didn't have a good game against 3 pro bowl corners. Fred Davis had a couple of big drops as well though, so did Torain.

It's very easy for opposing defenses to take Moss completely out of the game; a competent offensive coordinator understands that and plans accordingly.

Kyle Shanahan's strong suit is designing passing plays; he's very, very effective at designing plays that get the receivers open. I'm beginning to wonder a bit about his overall competence at managing an entire offense and calling plays. Just how much autonomy did he have in Houston, or was Kubiak really running that offense?

AA isn't a good wr either he's just fast and can get deep he doesn't have great hands and runs bad routes pre injury he wasn't productive with drops. Time to let Hankerson and Paul get some real time and get some balls thrown their way. Gaffney is just a solid vet who isn't athletic enough to make things happen. Moss would be more effective if teams didn't roll as much coverage his way.

I'm pretty concerned in how Hankerson has started out as a pro.

We have no big receiving threat that can get separation and worry opposing D's in the red zone; yet he's still obviously not showing nearly enough in practice as he can't get a look when he could be that guy. Not dressing in 5 straight games is not a good sign all things considered.

Hail.

We have no WRs. Including, Santana.

Fixed that for you.

A GLARING issue with this team is NO DAMN RECEIVERS.

We have 7 on the roster, and not a damn one of them can get open consistently.

QB is a joke, but we knew that coming into the season. It's discouraging how bad our receivers are.

I'm pretty concerned in how Hankerson has started out as a pro.

We have no big receiving threat that can get separation and worry opposing D's in the red zone; yet he's still obviously not showing nearly enough in practice as he can't get a look when he could be that guy. Not dressing in 5 straight games is not a good sign all things considered.

Hail.

We wont see our young guys get much time at all. This is the same coaching staff that kept Galloway as a starter for most of the season. Paul/Austin/Hankerson should be getting way more time at this point. Im ok with Gaffney but he doesnt do much for our future

We wont see our young guys get much time at all. This is the same coaching staff that kept Galloway as a starter for most of the season. Paul/Austin/Hankerson should be getting way more time at this point. Im ok with Gaffney but he doesnt do much for our future

There's no reason that our top 3 WR should be Moss, Stallworth, and Gaffney any more.

If we can add a second WR in the mix(be in Armstrong, let Austin and Niles play more) Moss will be a killer in the slot if we have competent outside flankers. Gaffney runs good routes and was open several times. Rome wasn't built in a day nor lost in a day so lets not panic

We have no WRs. I feel sorry for Santana.

We have no QB.

I feel sorry for all of them

Gaffney had a bomb in the first half if grossman lays it out.. beat his man by 2 steps. Rex underthrew it by 5 yards. Pick.

Gaffney again was way behind the D when Grossman threw his pick on his unbelievably slow rollout.. everyone (including Gaffney was working back to the QB), and the DB covering Gaffney was out of position. Gaffney was five yards beyond him. All Grossman has to do is put some air under it. Instead he throws a bullet directly to the DB.

Davis is triple covered down the seam. INT. triple covered?

that means someone else was open. Why didn't Rex look at them?

(Hey,, he threw a pick on this play TWICE. The skinny post. The passing playbook is so limited for him it's not even funny.)

See the 3 WR streak play that got Austin his big catch?

They don't run that play for Rex.

Because it doesn't look to me like he's allowed more than one or two reads before being instructed to throw it away.

He zeroes in on receivers and doesn't look it off no matter HOW many defenders are there.. which often is 3 or 4.. That tells me either he stinks, which is entirely probable, or he stinks so much they won't let him have more than a single read.

We don't have great receivers.

But we have better than what Rex is doing for them.

~Bang

We have no QB.

Gaffney had a bomb in the first half if grossman lays it out.. beat his man by 2 steps. Rex underthrew it by 5 yards. Pick.

Gaffney again was way behind the D when Grossman threw his pick on his unbelievably slow rollout.. everyone (including Gaffney was working back to the QB), and the DB covering Gaffney was out of position. Gaffney was five yards beyond him. All Grossman has to do is put some air under it. Instead he throws a bullet directly to the DB.

(Hey,, he threw a pick on this play TWICE. The skinny post. The passing playbook is so limited for him it's not even funny.)

Because it doesn't look to me like he's allowed more than one or two reads before being instructed to throw it away.

He zeroes in on receivers and doesn't look it off no matter HOW many defenders are there.. which often is 3 or 4.. That tells me either he stinks, which is entirely probable, or he stinks so much they won't let him have more than a single read.

~Bang

Couldn't agree with you anymore. Well put young man!

We have no QB.

~Bang

I don't always make bad throws...

but when I do, I make REALLY bad throws

He is the most terrible QB in the world

Pass the collection plate, Bang. Amen! Rex is doing for our receivers what Stan Hixon used to do to them; and it's painful to watch. You're right....it seems as though the playbook has been abbreviated for Rex.

We have no QB.

~Bang

Archived