Extremeskins

How Sundays game against the Eagles shapes the NFC East *UPDATED*

Destino

Is the Eagles game a must-win?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Eagles game a must-win?

• YES, it is a must-win!
    • NO, this is not a must-win!
    • Must-win is a media term with no meaning.

***UPDATED***

NFC East was, as you all know, like this:

Redskins 3-1

Giants 3-2

Cowboys 2-2

Eagles 1-4

Well the Nightmare scenarios are unfolding:

NFC East Now

Giants 4-2

Redskins 3-2

Cowboys 2-2

Eagles 2-4

If Dallas wins the Skins are third place with the worst division record of all four teams.

Yeah I don't think Buffalo will definitely beat the giants. That's going to be a close game. You would have suspected Giants to beat up the seahawks, but they lost that, so they might come back and win one that they aren't "expected" to win. So if They do, and redskins lose, the giants are solely in first place with 4 wins. But this is only week 6, so it's not any more important than any other game really. Maybe just more important for burying the Eagles though!

Dallas usually does pretty good against the Pats so I wouldn't be surprised if they win.

I expect the Giants to win. Buffalo is going to slide back a bit. I don't think they are really that good.

Then Giants always seem to win whey it looks like they are falling apart so I'd bet on that game actually.

Buffalo struggled to score against the Bengals, which have a really good defense. The Giants do not.

Giants defense:

20th overall

14th scoring

18th against the pass

21st against the run

A well balanced team on offense like Buffalo should be able to score on that giants team. But I will grant you that the giants do tend to be unpredictable.

The Buffalo game is actually in Toronto.

Two ways at looking at this...

1) Buffalo, is close to Toronto, so it could be like a home game.

2) Canadian Skins fans will represent. There are actually quite a few of us north of the border, given the Skins/ CFL connection over the years.

I would treat this as a neutral site game in terms of fan support. Also, Skydome is a cavernous space not well suited for NFL football.

We will see i guess.

Currently the NFC East as you all know looks like this:

Redskins 3-1

Giants 3-2

Cowboys 2-2

Eagles 1-4

The Giants host Buffalo at home. The Cowboys are at New England. It is likely that they both lose. A redskins win does the following:

Redskins 4-1

Giants 3-3

Cowboys 2-3

Eagles 1-5

It gives us some breathing room and allows us to hold our homefield in our division games. A loss will likely do this:

Redskins 3-2

Giants 3-3

Cowboys 2-3

Eagles 2-4

That is a dog fight. One win separates the division and the skins would have a 1-2 division record. Especially when you consider that we play @New York week 15 and @Philly the last game of the season (week 17). Personally I don't like the idea of having to go into Philly in a must win situation where they Eagles either win and get in or can simply play spoilers. Holding home field advantage is crucial. If the Cowboys or the Giants were to win and we lose then the media storm will get intense.

This game again the Eagles is not a must win. It is however a chance to make the pathway to the post season significantly more likely. Lose on Sunday and suddenly the Redskins have a significant uphill battle.

Personally I'd like for the skins to travel to buffalo Oct 30 not having to win that game.

I agree with your thinking. I can't help but get a bit nervous with everything I am hearing in the media the last few days. It sounds like they are finally circling the wagons and getting serious. I don't believe we are in danger of last years debacle at FedEx, I believe we will have enough ball control with our running game to simply not give them a ton of possessions. But something in my gut is telling me we could be in for a real dog fight! (Just a little pun intended!) :)

Our defense is legitimately good. We won't play many teams as explosive as Philadelphia. If Beck can give us turnover free QB play, we should be fine. I think we can still get to 10 wins, but even in the NFC and the NFC East this year, I'm not sure if that is good enough for a playoff spot.

Our defense is legitimately good. We won't play many teams as explosive as Philadelphia. If Beck can give us turnover free QB play, we should be fine. I think we can still get to 10 wins, but even in the NFC and the NFC East this year, I'm not sure if that is good enough for a playoff spot.

I believe that if Beck doesn't turn the ball over, we have a chance in every game because the defense is alot better this year. They were dog tired after this game.

Archived