Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Desperate Eagles call players only meeting

GibbsFactor

You guys are a bunch of negative dweebs

Tell me about it. For all the unwarranted bravado that takes place by the fans on the other 3 NFCE message boards, Skins fans act like the mort goldman of the divsion.

I think our boys believe.

Exactly. I can't recall a single time where one of the Skins have come out and said something along the lines of what the eagles players are saying as far as their self-proclamation of being the greatest team to have ever played the game. If anything you hear the Skins players talking about playing as a team, trying to improve, almost being thankful for the victories they've achieved thus far, and seriously taking to heart the mistakes (including the dallas loss) thats occured thus far. For the first time in a long time i'm not really concerned if the eagles get up on the Skins right out of the gate, or if it comes down to the last minute to win the game because I finally get the feeling that this team will fight you to the end.

Let the eagles get a lead and start talking **** and I bet you we side of this team that some fans on this board have probably never seen from a Redskins team in their entire life. I think if the Redskins get a lead, are able to take it into the lockerroom, and then come back out the second half and punch them in the face again right away, the eagles will fold like a cheap suit. They may put on a great acting performance of a show of concern, but it won't be real, they will have already switched into bye mode. Like I said earlier, for the first time in a long time, i'm really excited to see how the Skins respond to this game, I think by the time the final whistle blows, win or lose, every level headed person in the world will see exactly what this years Redskins' team is made of.

HTTR!

We've had player-only meetings in years we've sucked, too.

Truth, and this is from experience, mental mistakes is not something you just turn off mid-season. And even if they do find a way to stop beating themselves, their o-line and middle of their back 7 defense is horrible. All that talent, but they can't stop the run or protect their QB. As long as we take their talent level seriously and not beat ourselves (rex, you listening, bro?), we will be able to exploit their weaknesses just like everyone else has. We're #1 in sacks per game and #6 in rushing per game.

They can have campfires and sing kom-by-ya all they want, but our team is built to beat theirs...

Love it!!! Rex is goin to be mistake free sunday...he and Fred Davis stayed behind on the bye and worked on passing drills...I like it...Rex wants a good game...so does Fred..he's hungry....go skins go

Well put REALTOR :thumbsup:

As much as everyone likes to bring up history we lose to these a-holes because of all the dumb**** that happens, our own stupid mistakes mainly but also just ridiculously flukey plays. One of the most encouraging signs I see so far is that we are one of, if not the, least penalized teams in the league. The Skins are really showing some solid consistent play on both sides of the ball, not getting rattled and falling apart (like we've seen in the past), hanging in there and just executing no matter what the scoreboard says. There is a discipline and a mindset to this team that we have not seen in a long time, one that will keep us in this even if the Eagles pull something out of their asses early.

We just need to get in their heads early. Get them thinking. "It's happening again."

That's the crux of the biscuit right there

It took a while though if I remember correctly. We didn't improve until later on in the season I think.

well, i dont remember it taking that long. The first game he was playcaller was the monday night game against Philly, which we looked rather pathetic but did manage somehow to put up 17 points. after that, we started scoring a bit more

Art Monk used to call players only meetings,, and they worked.

i especially remember one right before a playoff game in Philly in 1990.

6 weeks after the Body Bag game.

We went in that place and won.

the Eagles are a dangerous team.

The best thing is that even if they win, we've still got two games on them, and the Giants and Cowboys both have very tough games this weekend (NE and Buffalo).

So if we lose it is not panic time, not the end of the world, not time to flood the board with "Fire everyone" threads.

As it seems to me, I wish we could call a "fans only" meeting to prepare people for this eventuality.

If we win, great! If we lose, it's not so bad.

~Bang

This game is an "opportunity game." It is the Redskins OPPORTUNITY to:

1. Effectively end Philly's season barring a miracle 9-1, or 10-0 run.

2. Take a nice lead in the NFC East early on allowing the possibility for an off game down the stretch.

3. Start the post-bye, long haul part of the season positively...

The Redskins had a similar "opportunity game" vs. Dallas and did not deliver. I love this team, but NOT winning these types of games points out, to me, that we are not quite there yet, not quite ready to challenge the likes of Green Bay, New Orleans etc. Those teams come into games like this seeking to destroy.

Make no mistake, a win this weekend is HUGE. A loss doesn't kill us...but it certainly allows Philly to gain some steam. Great teams win this weekend, put a dagger in a divisional rival, and move on. Every week is a must-win, but this game is a real turning point for the Redskins.

Are we ready?

This game is an "opportunity game." It is the Redskins OPPORTUNITY to:

1. Effectively end Philly's season barring a miracle 9-1, or 10-0 run.

2. Take a nice lead in the NFC East early on allowing the possibility for an off game down the stretch.

3. Start the post-bye, long haul part of the season positively...

The Redskins had a similar "opportunity game" vs. Dallas and did not deliver. I love this team, but NOT winning these types of games points out, to me, that we are not quite there yet, not quite ready to challenge the likes of Green Bay, New Orleans etc. Those teams come into games like this seeking to destroy.

Make no mistake, a win this weekend is HUGE. A loss doesn't kill us...but it certainly allows Philly to gain some steam. Great teams win this weekend, put a dagger in a divisional rival, and move on. Every week is a must-win, but this game is a real turning point for the Redskins.

Are we ready?

Man, the stars sure are lining up.

The Giants and Cowboys both could easily lose this weekend... a Redskins win would be MONSTROUS.

~Bang

A kindling.

The hype and praise that fueled the Eagles offseason quickly turned into a blaze that brought their house of cards down as if it were doused with gasoline. However, efforts like a players only meeting, is one of the embers that glows in the remains. We've been here before. The Giants used a win against us to propel them to a Super Bowl victory.

Are we going to do that again? Are we going to let a division rival get healthy against us and revive their season? I say we come out of the tunnel and stomp the life out of that fire. The Eagles are ready to cave upon themselves and they are just looking for a reason on Sunday to ask, "is this happening again?" Let's give it to them by punching them straight in the mouth and get the crowd amped off the bat.

Redskins are going to loose big time ......unfortunately

"Loose" = opposite of tight. { example } gee, yo' momma's pants are so loose they fall off every time an Eagle player gets around her.

"Lose" = opposite of win or find. { example } the Eagles player said he would lose his cool if he found out yo' momma drinks butter out of a straw.

Get it Got it Good....

"Loose" = opposite of tight. { example } gee, yo' momma's pants are so loose they fall off every time an Eagle player gets around her.

"Lose" = opposite of win or find. { example } the Eagles player said he would lose his cool if he found out yo' momma drinks butter out of a straw.

Get it Got it Good....

See now you got me curious enough to want to see his momma, darn you.

Hail.

Archived