Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Desperate Eagles call players only meeting

GibbsFactor

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/31461/desperate-eagles-call-players-only-meeting

Lots of newsy tidbits out of Philadelphia Eagles practice today, not the least of which is the news (courtesy here of Les Bowen) that wide receiver Jason Avant called a players-only meeting "to stress sticking together and to reinforce the notion that the Eagles have the talent to work their way out of their dreadful 1-4 start, middle linebacker Jamar Chaney said."

"Everybody was calm," Chaney said. "You don't want to get heated right now; it ain't no time to panic. We know what we're capable of doing, and we're not going to panic. We've had a few bad games, four bad games, but at the end of the day, we don't think those four teams are better than us. They won the games ... we just have to go out there and do a better job of playing the whole game, on offense and defense ... when it's all said and done, we don't think no team can beat us, but we've been doing a good job of beating ourselves lately, and we've got to stop doing that."

These never work. Eagles getting rolled this weekend.

I don't feel all that positive about this game. I think one of Rex's weaknesses (turnovers) will be on full display with the stellar secondary the Eagles have. Could get real ugly.

Kyle better find ways to get the ball moving on the ground and control the **** out of time of possession.

Redskins are going to loose big time ......unfortunately

Come on man!!!!!!!! I guarantee our players don’t feel this way!!!! New team, new year!!! We all need to be getting behind this team. Our fans better be packing the house Sunday and be loud as ever. What we don’t need is fans saying that we are gonna lose bad like last year, hiding behind there couches at home….. Get on your B&G, get loud and proud to root this team on, it should be a very good game!!!

Oh no..A player's only meeting...those always get results...we're screwed!

Player's only meetings, coaching consultants being called during the season, sloppy play....the Eagles have officially become the Redskins of the last decade.

We win Sunday...

If the Eagles spend all week worrying about the Eagles, how ready will they be for the Redskins? We are no longer a team you beat simply by not beating yourself.

Maybe I am just wishful thinking but I seriously doubt they have enough time or energy this week to fix all their problems AND be up to speed on their gameplan for us.

AlbertBreer Albert Breer

Vick said Jason Avant's players-only meeting centered on the criticism that Reid has taken, put the heat on the players.

AlbertBreer Albert Breer

Vick on Reid: "I know it's not the coach's fault. ... It's not on coach. ... I know the game of football ... It's not coach."

This worries me even more for Sunday.

If they've taken it upon themselves to knock some heads together, sort their **** out and get fired up; they could well be the worst possible animal.

Hail.

Absolutely agree. As dysfunctional as they may appear to be, IMO, they're still plenty dangerous. That offense is explosive when clicking. I still like our chances though. Ryan and Helu should have good games, which will certainly help Rex somewhat. He'll need it because their secondary is good depsite how NA has been playing recently. Rex needs to be uber cautious Sunday. Babin will likely give Brown fits - unfortunately, I think that is where they will have him lineup across from.

Didn't Vick pull players aside last week to talk to them one-on-one about getting this team right? If we score first and quick, its going to be "here we go again" going through every Philly players and fans mind.

Bingo. Pound the ball early and often. Get in the end zone early, and this game could very well be over.

If the Eagles spend all week worrying about the Eagles, how ready will they be for the Redskins? We are no longer a team you beat simply by not beating yourself.

Maybe I am just wishful thinking but I seriously doubt they have enough time or energy this week to fix all their problems AND be up to speed on their gameplan for us.

:applause: Darn good post and point.

Redskins are going to loose big time ......unfortunately

This is possible if judging recent history is used. That said, nothing lasts forever. Changes occur. Eventually the Redskins will be the better team and the Eagles will not be as dominant as they have been in the last decade. It's a new decade now. It's time for changes to occur. We should wreck the Eagles this Sunday. That said, it'll probably be close even if it shouldn't be.

Searching for a "defensive consultant" this morning....calling a "players only" meeting this afternoon...

All sounds very familiar to this Redskins fan.

Zorn's second season lol...we know what it means to add a consultant. The Eagles are already done. Only 5 teams out of a 100 with a record of 1-4 made the playoffs. There's a 95% chance the Eagles won't make the playoffs. They are toast.

Archived