Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple News Sources: FBI & DEA thwarts Iranian terrorist plot in DC

Redskins28339

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/2-arrested-in-alleged-plot-to-kill-us-ambassador-to-saudi-arabia/2011/10/11/gIQAykavcL_story.html?wpisrc=al_national

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department on Tuesday accused elements of the Iranian government of being involved in a plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the United States, and Attorney General Eric Holder said the U.S. would hold Iran accountable.

Two people, including a member of Iran’s special operations unit known as the Quds Force, were charged in New York federal court. Holder said the bomb plot was a flagrant violation of U.S. and international law.

I would like them to more clearly define "weapon of mass destruction" in the article. Were they planning on assassinating the saudi ambassador and taking the rest of DC along with him?

Edit: the only place I see that term is in TWA's 2nd link. I would assume conventional weapons would have been involved.

PokerPacker Asked "isn't it an assassination attempt if you're trying to kill a specific person rather than trying to instill terror?"

According to the Department of Justice, the terrorists planned to assassinate the Saudi Arabian ambassador by detonating a bomb at his favorite restaurant.

Because, on internet message boards you have to point out that there are things that go without saying, because otherwise it won't go without saying. ;)

Yes, thank you. I may be thinking what a lot of you may be thinking but i dont want to say it for the sake of being labeled something i may or may not be....if that makes sense?? IDK

:ols:

These guys are brilliant. Instead of trying to kill Saudis and Israelis over there where we don't care, they try to kill them in DC where our military would likely get involved.

that's a bizarre thing about this...

it'll be interesting to see what the Saudis do about it

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/68381732?access_key=key-cp3h9fmv2jsb8wjl5me

the charges, starting about pg 6 are some details on how the conspiracy formulated.

The gist of appears to be that an Iranian agent contacted someone from a Mexican drug cartel. The cartel guy agreed to assassinate the Saudi Ambassador for 1.5 million. Cartel guy is later arrested and becomes a snitch for the DEA. The FBI caught the agent in direct contact w/ the snitch and then flipped him against the Iranian agent abroad and even recorded telephone calls w/ to him.

Archived