Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Niles Paul Fined $20K for Hit on Pettis

ThePreciating

Are you kidding me? Call for a fair catch!!!!

Catch the article over in breaking news or right here

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/05/redskins-niles-paul-fined-20000/

---------- Post added October-5th-2011 at 01:04 PM ----------

This infuriates me. The receiver has every opportunity to not get hit. He can raise his hand and say "Don't hit me."

When you insist on trying to return it, you're gonna get cold-****ed! It wasn't even helmet-to-helmet!!!

I knew the fine on this hit was coming the minute after it happen on Sunday. The NFL is pretty serious about the helmet-to-helmet right now and guys are going to have to be careful. Since he is a rookie it would be nice if the Redskins would step up and cover him on this. Don't know if they are allowed to, but maybe the players union can help.

Paul got fined and Paul probably deserved to be fined given how unnecessarily high he went up. So long as no one else who smacked the ever-loving hell out Pettis in that game gets a fine it seems pretty fair.

Honestly, the best possible outcome of that play for Pettis, the league, and especially us is for Paul to try to get his hat on the ball and force the fumble.

Now i wish he's of hit him dead in the sternum. That wont cause an injury will it? Should fine Pettis for not calling for a fair catch and being a complete dumb ***. Or the Rams for telling him not to. In this day of over the top player safety the league needs to look at this both ways. Not just instantly fine Niles that much.

That's not leading with the helmet though.

That may be true but the league will still consider it illegal because of the concussions. I think it's really too close to tell, personally. From the clip, it does look like the helmet is among the first part of Paul to make contact.

That may be true but the league will still consider it illegal because of the concussions. I think it's really too close to tell, personally. From the clip, it does look like the helmet is among the first part of Paul to make contact.

I get what you're saying, but when I think "leading with the helmet", I'm thinking of leading with the crown of the helmet. Spearing almost. And he definitely ain't leading with the crown.

20k dollar fine for this hit

I9kh1YM2JX0

The good news is that he can pay it in weekly installments on it like this guy except he won't have lost half of his entire salary on the year. Things could always be worse

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/429812/tania-ganguli/2011-09-05/jaguars-mike-lockleys-20000-fine-be-taken-practice

"A $20,000 fine isn't insignificant for any player, and even less so for one making the rookie minimum since a weekly game check wouldn't cover that.

It's even less insignificant for a practice squad player, who only makes $5,700 a week.

That's what linebacker Mike Lockley is facing if he can't get his fine reduced on appeal. Lockley was fined $20,000 for a hit on a Patriots receiver in the Jaguars first preseason game.

He'll have a hearing for that fine this week, and the league can't start collecting the fine until after the hearing. Since the fine exceeds 25 percent of Lockley's weekly check, he can argue that it's excessive in his appeal.

Had Lockley been waived and out of football, the NFL wouldn't have collected that $20,000 fine. But since Lockley made the practice squad, he's still responsible for it.

According to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, the fine will be deducted from Lockley's check in $2,500 installments, after taxes. To reach $20,000 that will take eight weeks."

Archived