Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com Locker Room video 10/2 (Sam Huff REALLY losing it)

The Cowboy Bamma Rocker

Did anyone watch the post game Locker Room video on Redskins.com?

Looks like Sam Huff is doing worse than I thought. Around 6:45 through the clip, he asks Stephen Bowen where he came from, noticing he wasn't picked up in the draft. Larry awkwardly corrects him and they move on... but really left me pretty shocked. I mean we all knew he's losing it, but did anyone realize it was this bad? Probably gonna have to replace him real soon unfortunately...

On another note, the players seem pretty confident (but not too confident) heading into the bye week. We still got the reality check in Dallas to keep the players motivated. Torain excited to jump in and contribute. I hope they all get at least a few touches every game. Could be a similar rotation to preseason, that worked well. Rak always great with reporters.

This thread is mainly intended to discuss Sam Huff, though.

EDIT: they removed the link.... it shows the organization definitely knows it's a problem.

After not listening at all last season, I decided to give the radio another go this season. They are still awful.

Sam Huff is an embarrassment. He is clueless about just about everything. I will say that I credit Michael and Jurgensen for not letting his mistakes stand most of the time. The correct him on air alot.

The radio seems to miss the ref announcing a penalty alot now and this led to Larry Michael sounding like a moron when the ref called a penalty on one of the punt returns and he clearly said "enforced from the end of the play" (which was the hit that forced the fumble and the ball bounced backwards before bring recovered by the Rams at like the 5). The ball was placed at the 20 or so and Michael said they must have picked up the flag. No Larry if you were paying attention 5 plus 15 is 20.

The radio booth is as bad as ever. My wife, who is learning the game, keeps saying "these old men are driving me crazy".

I will say this though, after taking a year off, as bad as this booth is and all three should be long gone, I do find listening to their call the lesser of two evils. I just can't stand the tv booths for Skins games. Especially the C grade stuff like Myers and Ryan.

It's sad. That's pretty much it. It's clear that dementia is well on it's way and I can't understand why they continue to let it happen. If Snyder wanted to do something classy, he'd let Sam come in and watch the games in his suite with him.

I hope they get someone younger to come in and do the games after Sam is gone. It would be nice to have someone in there who's played in the last 20 years or so. No exaggeration, I just think it would be nice to have someone like Rypien or Gary Clark or someone from the Skins most recent glory days.

I think everyone is being a little to tight about Sam. I listened to the radio on the ride home, and really enjoyed it. Sam's going completely bonkers, Sonny is like his stable, and intelligent wife, and Larry's like the obvious-stating son (yes, I know that's his job, it's not a knock on him.)

It's almost like a sitcom with my football.

I think everyone is being a little to tight about Sam. I listened to the radio on the ride home' date=' and really enjoyed it. Sam's going completely bonkers, Sonny is like his stable, and intelligent wife, and Larry's like the obvious-stating son (yes, I know that's his job, it's not a knock on him.)

It's almost like a sitcom with my football.[/quote']

Naw bro, Sam is definitely losing it. Everyone's right they really need to replace him. Its embarrassing now!

Did anyone notice when Ryan/Myers insisted that Rex had grounded the ball, when the line of scrimmage was at the 34. They actually watched a slow motion replay of it, when the ball clearly made it to the 29, but still said "yep, didn't make it to the line of scrimmage, refs missed that one." I wanted to barf.

Before the game they asked Sam what he thought of Landry last week.

He asked if they meant Tom Landry.

Please, get Sam off the air. It's gone beyond funny into embarrassing/cruel territory.

I remember I listened to the first preseason game on the radio, Sam said it was first time he'd seen Rex Grossman play.

They really need to gracefully remove him from the booth, he clearly lacks the mental capacity to do the job.

It is very obvious Sam needs to retire.

The gaffes and "senior moments" are now 1/2 the things he says. The other half he just sounds like an upset old man

I think it was the 1st preseason game. Steelers get a 4 yard gain.

"They look like they haven't practiced all week!"

Larry: "Its the first play of the preseason Sam"

And when Sheehan asked Sam about Landry and he went off on a 30 second tangent about Tom Landry :doh:

"Tom Landry? You know, he was my first coach and I learned everything about football from him."

Archived