Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much do you approve of Mike Shanahan?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Interestingly enough, blame has flown to Haslett, Kyle Shanahan, DeAngelo Hall, Trent Williams, and a host of others for the mistakes the Redskins have made this season.

Lost in this is the fact that the fan base seems to really believe in our head coach.

I have to admit, I have an agenda with this poll. I want everyone to step back and realize we have a coach who has us on the right path. We don't need to win every game right now. We are building a young talent base, and that's 95% due to the man in charge, Mike Shanahan.

I probably would have voted for the 75% option except I don't see his treatment of Haynesworth or ANYTHING dealing with Grossman as a demerit against Shanahan.

I did vote 75% and agree that his treatment of Haynesworth, Mcnabb, or picking Grossman are not downsides

100%. i have agreed with nearly every move he has made. and in hindsight, almost every move he has made has been the right move.

remember the state of this franchise when he took over: DC was where players came to get paid, bad depth, bad qb, few draft picks, a weak defense, non existant offense.. we were headed for 5 more years of being in the cellar.

shanny has changed that very quickly. we wont be winning a superbowl anytime soon, but we are a respectable franchise now.

As the first person to have voted for 50%, allow me to explain my logic:

I'll give him a clean slate after last year - you can't turn over an entire roster in 1 year. So far I like what I've seen this year, the draft strategy impressed me, the free agent signings were the right kind to make. The culture change is another important thing and can only benefit the team.

Yet, many of the issues so far this season are a case of "same old redskins", particularly the poor red zone efficiency - the ability to move the ball but not consistently come away with touchdowns, more frequently getting a field goal and even coming away with nothing has been a painful issue for so long. There's been enough turnover on the roster that even the deep-rooted issues should be less prevalent.

That said, I know this team is young, they're going to make mistakes and they need more time together. They need to improve over the season and look better in week 17 than they did in week 1 against the Giants (ok, maybe week 3, but you get the overall idea of improvement). Then, they need to play the offseason just as well as they did this year. I've frequently seen flashes that the Redskins were improving, but they turned out to be fleeting. That's why I'm taking this season one game at a time, seeing what can be taken from each game, but not allowing myself to get too carried away.

In short, I believe a coach like Shanahan is the right choice to put this team back on track and I'll support him as long as he makes the decisions that erase the pain of much of the past 20 years. Still makes me nervous and that's going to be something that can only be overcome gradually with each genuine sign that this team is getting better.

100% ... Excellent moves the last two years of shedding a lot of bad players/characters/age from the roster. IMO A+ draft this past year (went from 4 picks to 12 ! Slam dunk #16 overall pick Ryan Kerrigan a high motor, hard working, athletic monster/playmaker/character guy), great free agency bringing in younger/hungry/character/playmakers like Cofield, Bowen, Wilson, Atogwe...

Absolutely on board. There still is a lot of work to be done (franchise QB, big playmaking WR, ILB, OL)... Competing every game... This franchise hit rock bottom in 2009 with years of absolutely awful personnel decisions... Shanahan got a bad rap his first year in town after being handed an AWFUL aging roster full of aging stars (Portis) or just guys who didnt wanna be here (Rogers)... He hasn't made 100% great decisions (McNabb) but no man gets it right all the time... Getting Haynesworth out of here, wow, what a huge difference that makes...

100% on board.

I did vote 75% and agree that his treatment of Haynesworth, Mcnabb, or picking Grossman are not downsides

Me, too. I voted 75% because well, he obviously hasn't made the paloffs, let alone the SB, yet, but so far I'm very happy. I think that 90% is probably a good number.

Archived