Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Google/Fox Republican debate at 9pm.

88Comrade2000

By the way, the more I think about it the more I think that the next couple of weeks are huge for Newt Gingrich. Consider:

Cain, Huntsman, Paul, Santorum, Johnson have zero traction to actually win a primary.

Palin isn't running for anything, instead she's running from sex jokes of all things.

Bachman has fallen out of favor with voters.

Pawlenty is out.

Perry is failing, and it's being discussed broadly on the radio and in articles.

The GOP electorate is still the electorate looking for the candidate they believe is actually conservative. McCain's failure makes it unlikely that R's ever enthusiastically support Romney (though I still think they'd vote in droves against Obama for any candidate).

And now Newt has promised his new, "bold" 21st century Contract for America.

This is Gingrich's opportunity to gain a foothold on the conservative vote. He could surge if his new contract is as bold as it should be. He will not surge if it's high-minded platitudes like "have a conversation about Medicare."

Newt blew it as speaker of the house. He blew it when he undermined the Ryan plan. He blew it with his staff. With all of that, he's still recognized as the smartest guy in the room, so to speak. He has this one, last, chance to put his finger on the pulse of the Republican voter just like he did in 1994. He either will, or he's done.

Such is the subplot of October 2011.

Actually, the subplot could change from what you posted. There are now reports that Chris Christie is rethinking about running and will announce his decision in 2 weeks. He gets in, it could shake it up the race. He won't get the far right wing, as they don't like him either but there is potential for fat boy.

I think Palin could still get in, just to satisfy her huge ego.

Actually, the subplot could change from what you posted. There are now reports that Chris Christie is rethinking about running and will announce his decision in 2 weeks. He gets in, it could shake it up the race. He won't get the far right wing, as they don't like him either but there is potential for fat boy.

Well he will get the far right wing when he runs against Obama. Thats all the republicans want.

Im encouraged by the prospect of Romney. Someone who isnt mildly retatded and will give Obama a serious run. There might be hope yet for the GOP.

Bill Maher had the best line about Rick Perry. "just when you thought the repubs couldnt get dumber. From Bush to Palin then Bachmann... Just when you think theyve hit bottom, they trot out Perry."

BTW, anyone following Manning and TO? Going to foreign countries to get medical treatment. Thank you anti-science religios right. With the proliferation of home schooling and once we are teaching adam and eve in public school chemistry class their master plan to make society as dumb as they are will be complete. **** it, lets take this country back and go bomb some brown people while we sing along to Lee Greenwood

Why has the modern GOP coupled ignorance with conservatism? What happened to pro science, pro business conservatism? Why must i declare i dont believe in evolution to vote for the conservative platform? I seriously resent the gop and what theyve done to american conservatism. Nominating romney will at least be a step in the right direction espefially if he adds huntsman

I don't know an awful lot about Christie, but I like what I've seen so far. He seems like an awfully bright and straightforward guy.

Im encouraged by the prospect of Romney. Someone who isnt mildly retatded and will give Obama a serious run. There might be hope yet for the GOP.

Bill Maher had the best line about Rick Perry. "just when you thought the repubs couldnt get dumber. From Bush to Palin then Bachmann... Just when you think theyve hit bottom, they trot out Perry."

BTW, anyone following Manning and TO? Going to foreign countries to get medical treatment. Thank you anti-science religios right. With the proliferation of home schooling and once we are teaching adam and eve in public school chemistry class their master plan to make society as dumb as they are will be complete. **** it, lets take this country back and go bomb some brown people while we sing along to Lee Greenwood

Did Manning have the same treatment done in Europe that Perry had done in Texas? :ols:

Perhaps you need to take off the blinders to see who is really promoting science and business and who is blocking advances,but I guess it is easier to....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYTBF5kVj2pGDmaCCZV2lyDmJcJilQmf0KPo9XB8nfAKNlJHocXg

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/22/health/peyton-manning-stem-cells/index.html

Please forgive my ignorance, but I have to ask: what on earth is the point of a straw poll? Doesn't it pretty much pick someone electable every time? Didn't Ron Paul win every single straw poll back in 2007-8? And when Bachmann won the straw poll in Iowa (with Paul coming in second), why did that immediately elevate her to "contender" status? Is Cain a contender now?

Please forgive my ignorance, but I have to ask: what on earth is the point of a straw poll? Doesn't it pretty much pick someone electable every time? Didn't Ron Paul win every single straw poll back in 2007-8? And when Bachmann won the straw poll in Iowa (with Paul coming in second), why did that immediately elevate her to "contender" status? Is Cain a contender now?

All it really means is that he impressed the voters in the poll.

Not sure how many people ran in it.

It is fairly surprising to see him come out above everyone else though.

Bachman had relatively strong support around the time she won hers.

Maybe they are sick of politicians and want REAL change?

I'm not sure he's the change that anyone is looking for. I do however agree wtih the notion that people get the government they deserve, and if we want something different, the people need to make it known with their vote. In that sense, I can't blame them for looking for something different. Just to bad there isn't a better alternative.

By the way, the more I think about it the more I think that the next couple of weeks are huge for Newt Gingrich. Consider:

Cain, Huntsman, Paul, Santorum, Johnson have zero traction to actually win a primary.

Palin isn't running for anything, instead she's running from sex jokes of all things.

Bachman has fallen out of favor with voters.

Pawlenty is out.

Perry is failing, and it's being discussed broadly on the radio and in articles.

The GOP electorate is still the electorate looking for the candidate they believe is actually conservative. McCain's failure makes it unlikely that R's ever enthusiastically support Romney (though I still think they'd vote in droves against Obama for any candidate).

And now Newt has promised his new, "bold" 21st century Contract for America.

This is Gingrich's opportunity to gain a foothold on the conservative vote. He could surge if his new contract is as bold as it should be. He will not surge if it's high-minded platitudes like "have a conversation about Medicare."

Newt blew it as speaker of the house. He blew it when he undermined the Ryan plan. He blew it with his staff. With all of that, he's still recognized as the smartest guy in the room, so to speak. He has this one, last, chance to put his finger on the pulse of the Republican voter just like he did in 1994. He either will, or he's done.

Such is the subplot of October 2011.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I actually agree with you about Newt.

I would have called you crazy a month ago. Even a week ago. Not because I hate Newt—I think he's very smart—but because Newt is yesterday's news and comes with personal baggage. But I think a tiny crack of possibility has opened up, and he at least has a slight chance of making a significant move higher in the polls if he does everything right and circumstances keep evolving in his favor. We'll see.

Why has the modern GOP coupled ignorance with conservatism? What happened to pro science, pro business conservatism? Why must i declare i dont believe in evolution to vote for the conservative platform? I seriously resent the gop and what theyve done to american conservatism. Nominating romney will at least be a step in the right direction espefially if he adds huntsman

Mitt Romney would be more likely to pick me as his running mate than Huntsman.

You can always count on FL to bring the crazy.

This statement is completely true, but it has nothing to do with Herman Cain winning the straw poll.

This statement is completely true, but it has nothing to do with Herman Cain winning the straw poll.

Unless you think its crazy to support a candidate for president who supports the banning of mosques and wouldn't appoint a Muslim to his cabinet because he's afraid they would use their position to implement Sharia Law.

Well he isn't a long term politician, so he has one critical attribute.

and not wasting debate time with who wrote what in a book or other foolishness.

Jobs ,economy and taxes.....FOCUS

add

interesting....the mob has spoken

"Let's send a message to Washington," he shouted. "We the people are still in charge of this country!"

It resonated in a convention where vendors sold "Don't Tread on Me" ties and some activists dressed as revolutionary soldiers with tri-corner hats. After the vote, people streamed out of the convention hall roaring: "No more RINOS! No more RINOS!" — an acronym for Republicans in Name Only.

The vote and spectacle underscored that Cain, who polled in single digits this week, is the new tea party darling.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/national/herman-cain-wins-presidency-5-straw-poll/1193524

Newt has no shot. He can have 20 contracts with America; the man is unelectable in a general election.

I do agree with you.

Reality sucks though from the standpoint of knowing how washington works, and knowing how to navigate the lawyer snafu that is our political system, Newt is hands down the only person who could actually get anything accomplished. But he is unelectable. It's sad because he ****ed up his chances :) Your baggage stays with you :ols:

you don't need to be POTUS to work the system,just empowered

added rant

if we are a nation of laws then explain why my kids went all thru school with illegal kids we are forced by federal law to educate,feed and care for?

WE in Texas can't kick them out,and are simply making the best of a bad situation beyond our control.(kinda like the kids brought here)

I do agree on stopping the demand,but the in state tuition is small potatoes

I would fully support kicking them out,but if it is beyond our control then blaming us for treating them like other kids raised here is heartless.

Fix the enforcement and border control issues and the in-state tuition issue goes away.

They're making people take in, feed, and homeschool the illegal kids now? holy crap!

:silly:

Hah Hah....we did public school by choice :pfft:

Kids my wife and kids have taught and tutored(dad just coached sports:silly:).....kids we shed blood,sweat and tears with become a part of you and your life.

How about ya fix the cause of that shared (illegal status) life rather than complaining how my state deals with the children of it? (not directed at you)

I think the most telling thing about the Republican field is that a few weeks ago people were desperate for Perry to join and thought he would be the guy. Now, they're desperate for Christy. The one thing that's clear is that Republicans are content with the candidates avaialable at this moment. They keep looking over to the next lawn to see how green the lawn is. No one has caught their imagination, intellect or heart.

Archived