Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants faking injury...

dockeryfan

weak move IMO, regardless of how smart it is. the patriots stealing video was smart too, but unethical, just like this was.

Well, no one said it was ethical. But since there's no rule about it, it's a smart play. Again, I'd never advocate doing that. Ever. But just like you admitted above, bush league or not, it's smart. Although, I agree fully with the bush league comment :ols:

I would be utterly embarrassed if a few players on the Redskins defense pulled such a thing in an attempt to stifle the opposing offense's no huddle strategy. Truly Pathetic.

Shouldn't have to worry about that now that Haynesworthless is gone

Bunch of high and mighty guys in here. I mean, show me in any era, in any sport, where an athlete didn't try to bend the rules or push them to maximum. You know the saying, "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying." EVERY team and EVERY athlete pushes the envelope.

So should we stop all the unethical holding by the linemen? Or the unethical eye/crotch gouging in a fumble scrum? Or how about the unethical defensive holding on the WR? If it is an advantage, every team will try something. This isn't the first time a team faked an injury or was as blatant about it and it won't be the last. LOL at all the saints in here.

The league just needs to go back to taking timeouts for injuries.

I'd say that it would be fair that if the player is injured and leaves the game the team keeps the timeout but the player can't return.

So sure, they might try the 3rd stringer thing but the player would have to play a down first to fake it and I doubt that many teams would take that risk.

Archived