Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins/Cards 1st quarter, 4th down scuffle

Joe_328

Looking for information about that scuffle in the 1st quarter, hopefully some video...

Did some searches with no luck, but from the upper deck, it looked like it was a bit more than some shoving. I'm guessing Hightower was involved, but not sure.

Anyone know who was involved, and if so, what it was about?

I did appreciate the 1st down on 4th down, even though Rex would throw a pick several plays later.

Someone needs to find a video. I was sitting in the lower deck, on the other 40 from the incident. But I thought I saw the official who threw the flag holding his face just after he threw it. I assumed someone hit him during the scuffle and that's when he threw it. I was waiting for someone to get kicked out.

here is the link.

wp.com

On the Redskins’opening drive, Hightower got into a shoving match with Arizona linebacker Paris Lenon. The play was a third-down incompletion from Rex Grossman, but in the ensuing skirmish, Cardinals safety Kerry Rhodes drew an unnecessary roughness penalty. That gave the Redskins a new set of downs and put them on the Arizona 10-yard line.

“It was just me being me, and me getting under those guys’ skin,” said Hightower, whom the Redskins acquired via trade with Arizona in July. “I practiced with those guys for three years, so I know exactly who I can press what buttons on. I got the outcome that I needed. I got the penalty for us. I wasn’t going to do anything to jeopardize the team. It was just me letting them know, it’s going to be a long day and we’re here to win.”

I was watching in a bar with no sound, but it appeared to start cause Hightower kept blocking his man after the whistle.

No sir.

THT blocked his man UNTIL the whistle. However, the play was pretty much over and he stayed engaged until the whistle blew. Which is why the Cards were upset... "How dare you show effort!" is their motto, apparently.

Archived