Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedExField: The Redskins Ask For Volunteers

Mark The Homer

• 2 months later...

>> I have suggested to MTH that it would be nice if they gave us a free soda or hot dog or something. (dates with Cheerleaders would be good too!)

> Did anybody else get this email on Wednesday? (...and no, I am not talking about the Audi Ad). Ask and ye shall receive (still waiting to see if I am getting these, I replied back about 4 hrs after the email came out):

Fan Captains:

Thanks for participating this year. We’ve received some great feedback and texts and really appreciate your support in making our game day the best in the NFL.

I have a few pregame field passes for Saturday and would like to invite you and a guest to visit the Operations Command Center and Base where we receive and dispatch calls and texts. If you’re interested please reply as soon as possible. We’ll meet at <deleted by MarkB452> From there we’ll head to the operations department and then to the field for pregame warm ups. Meeting time will be <deleted by MarkB452>

Thanks again.

Very Cool!

I am a fan captain but cannot make this weeks game, sold the tickets, no way I could come up from RIC on Christmas Eve and not expect divorce papers. I only had to use the system twice in my section this year (222) one was the Patriots game because the guy next to me seat was gone, apparently some of the cadets and midshipmen decided to take souvenirs. This was a great idea and a step in the right direction to make sure the knuckehead issue is addressed.

I would do it but I will only report people who are overly intoxicated or trying to start fights. I really dont want my ":game day" experience to be like watching football at a country club. If I wanted that, I would play golf Sunday morning and then watch the game in the clubhouse after my round.

Thanks Mark for posting this.

For anyone who comes on a continual basis to Fedex Field, you should definitely take part.... it is as simple as a quick text, call or email.

Lets make sure the stadium is a great place for all of our fans!

Would give almost anything to be there just once...would be more than glad to help in your endeavor. Thanks for the post and I hope you get the assistance our stadium and team deserve, though we get disgruntled and frustrated at times. I get jokes, but no one challenges my loyalty. NO ONE. :dallasuck

>> I got confirmation on the field passes....sweet!!

That's awesome, went down on the field pre-game for my first time vs. the Patriots. It's freakin' incredible.

Don't forget your camera and be sure to stop by and say "hi" to the replay guy, he's pretty funny.

Don't cross the yellow line, don't stop behind the benches and No, you can NOT touch the endzone (I asked). :)

That's awesome, went down on the field pre-game for my first time vs. the Patriots. It's freakin' incredible.

Don't forget your camera and be sure to stop by and say "hi" to the replay guy, he's pretty funny.

Don't cross the yellow line, don't stop behind the benches and No, you can NOT touch the endzone (I asked). :)

Any chance to get pics with players or cheerleaders? Autographs from guys not playing (IE Cooley??)

Any chance to get pics with players or cheerleaders? Autographs from guys not playing (IE Cooley??)

I'm not saying it isn't possible but the only pics I seen taken with players was with people that looked like personal friends. I didn't see any autographs given by any players. As a matter of fact I didn't see the non-actives on the field for warm-ups. I don't recall seeing any cheerleaders either. That's not to say they weren't there, just that I didn't see them. I was a bit overwhelmed. :)

>> Thanks for the tip on the replay guy. He was great. He was letting people take pics in front of the replay booth with a headset on and giving a "You gotta be kidding me ref!?" look towards the field.

We met at 11:45 and a few people MTH, GRUMPYVet (fixed), myself, and maybe a couple others introduced ourselves. We then went through the entrance by lot B1 and through the metal detectors.

We got to see both of the command centers - one seemed to be for local police and rescue and another for in stadium services. They showed us how the camera system worked. He basically called out a section (402) and had the operator key it into the system. The cameras automatically locked in on the section and they could zoom in pretty close (close enough that you could almost make out people's faces, but not quite...certainly enough to ID a guy in a red hat with a blue jacket, etc). I was always worried about being able to provide an exact row and/or seat number, but if you can get them close, they'll find the trouble maker(s). Anyways, I asked which team was the worst and they said Eagles fans were the worst, but the head operations guy also said the Raiders were really bad too. He said he was surprised by that since he did not think they would travel well. BTW, I think that game was 2005(?). Anyways, he said they did not want FedEx to become what the Vet was in Philly and thanked us for our help.

After that we went out on the field around noon (coming out of the tunnel and seeing the stands was cool too). We had a group photo with Bruce Allen...nice. I was really surprised at how many people were out on the sidelines during warmups. My brother and I wandered around the sidelines during warmups We went over to the Vikings side since it was warmer in the sun. I have some pics of WRs and DL warming up. Around 12:40, the police on the field started clearing the sidelines and we went up into the stands. For the record, we never saw any cheerleaders, but I did see Daniel Snyder in front of the Redskins bench as I was leaving the field.

Oh yeah, we also got a Christmas card from the Redskins which featured a nice group picture of the team.

The left side of that group is stunning...don't you think Mark?

I have some pictures from the outing I'll post too. I'm having some computer issues - so once I get them cropped and go through them, I'll put them up in this thread.

It was a surprise for my mom. She had never been on the field except for draft day. Everyone could not have been nicer. Even Bruce Allen took a minute to chat with us.

GV

And people wonder why I have the nick GrumpyVet....I'm 39 and I've got folks telling me I'm OldVet....MTH - you Brookevillagers sure do stick together. GV's Mom got a kick out of your comment.

....and on to the pics...what a wonderful opportunity:

The VP of Ops showing us the command center under Fed Ex:

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

The Operations Center at Fed Ex where they can see every seat in the place up close. Think twice before doing something stupid - these guys are dialed in....much more so than I thought:

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

NFL Replay guy:

IMG_0041.jpg

Bruce Allen taking time to chat w/ my mom. She was telling him she was proud of the job he is doing...he said thanks and asked for our continued support and the wins will come. Class act in my opinion:

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Santa, Mom & Chief Zee

IMG_0105.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity ES. Really enjoyed it. Happy New Year.

GV

• 7 months later...

Fan Captains - Check your email inboxes - The Redskins are providing the Fan Captains and 1 guest with VIP passes for training camp on Friday 8/3. Sweet!

I got something on 7/30 around 4 PM.

They are also adding some ribbon boards in the stadium and the email has some pics of them as well.

Also the letter mentioned that our friends at Sons of the Radio (who have played at the DDP ES Tailgate the last several years..hmmm does this make them the official band of the ES tailgate??) will be at the Bud Light Pavilion for Pregame for the COLTS AND RAVENS games. They will also be doing post game for the Bucs game at the 5th qtr party as well.

I'm glad to see this. As a lifelong Skins fan whom lives 1,000 miles away (but lived in Reston for three years in the early 70s) and has never had the privilege to attend a game, but wish to one day .. WHEN/IF I go, I don't want it to be ruined by one or a couple of intoxicated cretins! Since it would be my first (maybe only) time, and would require a substantial investment in travel and time, it would suck if it was ruined for my wife and myself.

For those of you who get to attend games regularly, it will help you as well. The local events that I attend are often ruined by some idiot who thinks a sports event is a challenge to his/her ability to handle (or not handle) three six packs of beer.

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:06 PM ----------

All the money this team makes and they have the audacity to ask for volunteers . Wow.

Well, they could hire enough people to sit every two rows throughout the stadium and then pass the additional costs on to you. If you dislike paying $12 for a beer, you will HATE the new price. And there will be hundreds less seats for fans to sit in.

They are asking for fans to send a text if a moron is ruining the experience. Not exactly hard work. Even the college games I go to have this capability. And it is also volunteer.

I was one last year and it works. We gave up our tickets this year but will be going up to a few games so I will update them as I acquire seats. Anyway, I used it three times last year from our seats in 222. Once was for a veteran who had nowhere to sit because somebody tore the lower seat off during the Army Navy game. Staff was there in 5 minutes with a replacement.

The other two times were for fights, one was at the Cowboys game. It's a great idea that seems to be working.

PM me please. I need to see you in my in box. Thanks.

add this to the taken out of context thread. LOL

If i had season tix i'd be all in but daycare cost for 2 kids prevents that. How bout some Redskins guardian angels like on the NYC subway and wear burgundy berets. LOL

Fan Captains - Check your email inboxes - The Redskins are providing the Fan Captains and 1 guest with VIP passes for training camp on Friday 8/3. Sweet!

I got something on 7/30 around 4 PM.

They are also adding some ribbon boards in the stadium and the email has some pics of them as well.

i never received an email :\

edit: nevermind, they have an old email. thank you for posting this, i would have missed it!

Archived