Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: "Snyder Dismisses Lawsuit Against City Paper"

NattyBo

Snyder was going to lose his lawsuit, by court dismissal. I'm convinced that this is why COO David Donovan resigned in July.

Here's a list of the parties who lined up for the amicus brief supporting WCP:

AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION OF THE NATION’S CAPITAL,

D.C. COUNCILMEMBER MARY M. CHEH,

D.C. COUNCILMEMBER PHIL MENDELSON,

THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF NEWS EDITORS,

THE SOCIETY OF PROFESSIONAL JOURNALISTS,

THE MARYLAND-DELAWARE-DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA PRESS ASSOCIATION

THE ASSOCIATION OF ALTERNATIVE NEWSWEEKLIES,

THE MARYLAND-DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-DELAWARE BROADCASTERS ASSOCIATION,

THE ASSOCIATION OF CAPITOL REPORTERS AND EDITORS,

NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO, INC.,

ALLBRITTON COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY,

ATLANTIC MEDIA, INC.,

WUSA-TV,

THE PUBLIC ACCESS CORPORATION OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,

POLITICO LLC,

THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROJECT,

THE ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING GROUP,

AND

PUBLIC CITIZEN, INC.,

This was an all around disaster of a loss for Dan Snyder. IIRC his lawsuit was cited as inspiring anti-SLAPP legislation on capitol hill. That's significant. A mean spirited dbag story that no one read became a national story because of the lawsuit. The racism accusation was mostly received with a collective face palm. This move on his part took national negative opinion and put an article in their faces that crystalized it. Very few felt this lawsuit had merit and now it's dismissed.

The only part of this that was handled well is the timing of the dismissal. Tomorrow it's likely people won't care to talk about this.

Context?

In 90 minutes, it'll have been 10 years since terrorist attacks killed thousands of innocent Americans.

You're welcome.

A better way to ignore a topic that you profess to not care about would probably be to just not post on the thread, no? You've gone to some length to tell us that you think this is trivial, but it seems like people want to discuss it anyway. Just sayin'.

Snyder was going to lose his lawsuit, by court dismissal. I'm convinced that this is why COO David Donovan resigned in July.

Here's a list of the parties who lined up for the amicus brief supporting WCP:

AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION OF THE NATION’S CAPITAL,

D.C. COUNCILMEMBER MARY M. CHEH,

D.C. COUNCILMEMBER PHIL MENDELSON,

THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF NEWS EDITORS,

THE SOCIETY OF PROFESSIONAL JOURNALISTS,

THE MARYLAND-DELAWARE-DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA PRESS ASSOCIATION

THE ASSOCIATION OF ALTERNATIVE NEWSWEEKLIES,

THE MARYLAND-DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-DELAWARE BROADCASTERS ASSOCIATION,

THE ASSOCIATION OF CAPITOL REPORTERS AND EDITORS,

NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO, INC.,

ALLBRITTON COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY,

ATLANTIC MEDIA, INC.,

WUSA-TV,

THE PUBLIC ACCESS CORPORATION OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,

POLITICO LLC,

THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROJECT,

THE ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING GROUP,

AND

PUBLIC CITIZEN, INC.,

Great info, ASF. Thanks.

Wow. That's really stretching it.

But I suppose it's fine if we all focus on a football game tomorrow' date=' correct?

Dolt.[/quote']

First of all - **** you :)

I was flipping back and forth between this thread and the 'Washington Post: How Daniel Snyder found his man in Mike Shanahan' thread and thought I was replying to that discussion. So my apologies for 'quick replying' in the wrong thread. It happens.

As for your comment, anytime you want to compare SAT scores, I'm at the ready genius.

First of all - **** you :)

I was flipping back and forth between this thread and the 'Washington Post: How Daniel Snyder found his man in Mike Shanahan' thread and thought I was replying to that discussion. So my apologies for 'quick replying' in the wrong thread. It happens.

As for your comment, anytime you want to compare SAT scores, I'm at the ready genius.

Isn't this thread kind of an extension of that Amendment Mr. Snyder just helped us all learn so much about?

We all know what tomorrow represents. I'm choosing to wait until then to focus on it. Others seem to be doing something similar.

You don't have to like it.

...and congrats on your SAT scores. They mean nothing here.

David Donovan's letter was an idiotic thing to do. It undermined the entire suit. I've said numerous times that Snyder had a right to sue. Media has a duty to know that articles may be read by those who are IQ challenged and take things literally. Heck, a corker (not the brightest) asked if I read the article which said Snyder "forged checks". He obviously did not read the article fully or he just could not understand all those "big words". Either way, some people walked away thinking Snyder did things he did not do.

I'm glad it's over. And ready for the team to be on a winning/well managed path. And I love to see McKenna write some glowing articles about that path.

A better way to ignore a topic that you profess to not care about would probably be to just not post on the thread, no? You've gone to some length to tell us that you think this is trivial, but it seems like people want to discuss it anyway. Just sayin'.

That's a fair point - my apologies Natty.

Some great stuff on this from the WaPo. Like...

Goldman: Earlier this year, you sued The Washington City Paper for publishing “The Cranky Redskins Fan’s guide to Dan Snyder,” which, among other things, claimed that your company had engaged in some shady business practices. Have you read the article?

Snyder: No.

Goldman: How could you sue without reading the piece?

Snyder: Because I heard all the details. But the entire piece? I’m not going to read that.

From Paul Fahri's piece (down, Kornheiser, down!)

But people close to Snyder said the team’s owner felt vindicated when City Paper’s publisher, Amy Austin, acknowledged in a story published in April that one aspect of the story was not meant to be construed as literally true.

That quote from Austin? Looks like it was this...

Lest there be any doubt, no one’s ever said or meant that Snyder personally engaged in any forgery or that he sprayed Agent Orange on or near his property.

VICTORY!!! "Did I make millions having employees slam customers? Yes! Did I do it myself by hopping on the phone and forging names? No! I WIN!" Wow.

1.) Snyder needs to find time to read something before he destroys himself with horrible PR.

2.) He's got some real dolts on his team. I hope he's cleaned out the COO position as well as he has Vinny's.

Now, on to the Giants...

Goodness dude. Have some respect for the First Amendment. You don't have to like McKenna to know that having the rich able to sue a rag into oblivion is a bad thing for a truly free press. I don't want to go too patriotic over this, but this is part of why it's good to be an American.

There was a "Yellow Journalism" law that was put in effect that keeps the press from posting false allegations as truth.

Tarhog' date='

I'm sorry I called you a dolt. It was as unnecessary as your invocation of the 9/11 attacks.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go study for the SAT.[/quote']

Thank you for apologizing. Just so you know, that kind of thing is not acceptable.

Now let's beat the Giants.

Archived