Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys Nobody Are Talking About on D... But They Will. Oh, They Will.

TSO

Lorenzo and Kedric? Your evaluation skills are suspect. Both are entering their 6th year and are undersized for their position. I agree they are solid depth guys, but no one is going to be talking about either one of these guys. They have hit their peak, they will be no better than what they are. Not to mention the film you were watching was them against a bunch of scrubs that have PS ability at best.

This team did it the right way finally- through the draft. Most of the competition is from the youngsters who are pushing everyone and challenging for starting roles. If we do get the injury bug this season I expect the Skins to be able to fill the gaps with competent players. it's been a long time since we've seen that. Great post, I agree with you completely. Even though it was 2nd stringers vs. Raven starters I thought they performed pretty well. The 2nd half was a snoozer for me because the skins won at the half so I kind of tuned out. Therefore, I really appreciate your post because I didn't watch very much of the 2nd half after that 1st drive by the Ravens.

Lorenzo and Kedric? Your evaluation skills are suspect. Both are entering their 6th year and are undersized for their position. I agree they are solid depth guys, but no one is going to be talking about either one of these guys. They have hit their peak, they will be no better than what they are. Not to mention the film you were watching was them against a bunch of scrubs that have PS ability at best.

THIS!

None of last years starters outside of Orakpo and Fletcher should even be in the mix for defensive snaps. Those guys provided zero pass rush and were terrible against the run. I'm a fan of Lorenzo, he brings alot to special teams, but the guy has been moved all over the defensive front 7 and hasn't shown the ability to perform adequetly at any position. Golston shouldn't even be on the team. Another solid draft and those guys are gone.

I would add Keyaron Fox and OJ Atogwe to the list. Fox will likely be starting by week 3 replacing Rocky, and Atogwe will easily outplay any FS we've had since ST21.

You're watching the Jags game? Why? I'll be watching the Bucs game since that's who the skins are playing....

Haha, but in all seriousness, I liked Davonte Shannon too. That dude was impressing albeit it was the second half.

:ols: I've made that mistake like 100 times at this point, we always play the Jags our 4th preseason game!

I saw Gomes in on a tackle, trying to rip the ball.

Always like the guy smart enough to go for the FF when a guy is in the grasp of an angry mob, and is not going to break free.

+X Gomes

Thanks to the OP for sharing his comments and helping us fans watching the clock, make it through the day with some quality observations.

I like me some Dejon Gomes.....

Totally forgot about Gomes, you can definitely add him in there... heck, I'd put him above Thompson since he has a better chance to make an impact this year. I've been impressed by him as well.

I sure hope you're right about the list. I was unfortunately only able to catch some of the game against the Ravens, so I wasn't able to see what you all see. I saw the stats after the game. Flacco had a little more than 200 yards passing I believe, and I assume he only played the 1st half. That's a concern. Who did they attack the most? I think our defense is improved but Baltimore put up big numbers against us. I guess we'll have to see against the Giants. Baltimore's offense is better than the Giants, so we should be ready for a good opponents

I sure hope you're right about the list. I was unfortunately only able to catch some of the game against the Ravens, so I wasn't able to see what you all see. I saw the stats after the game. Flacco had a little more than 200 yards passing I believe, and I assume he only played the 1st half. That's a concern. Who did they attack the most? I think our defense is improved but Baltimore put up big numbers against us. I guess we'll have to see against the Giants. Baltimore's offense is better than the Giants, so we should be ready for a good opponents

Flacco played the first 5-6 minutes of the third quarter against mainly backups, going 80 yards for a TD. Gomes made 3 or four tackles in that series. Flacco got about 140 yds in the first half.

A caller on Sirius NFL called about the Skins today and the hosts, I believe Adam Shine and Rich Gannon were giving the Redskins D lots of love. The stated their observations from the Ravens Game and were very impressed with our D's ability to generate pressure. They loved the Cofield signing. Thought that picking up Bowen was a great move. Said that Kerrigan looks like a stud rushing the passer and said that the combo of Kerrigan and Orakpo would generate a ton of pressure. They were a bit concerned about our ability to stop the run but all in all was nice to hear our D get some love.

I understand the evaluation on the first posession of the second half, but what happened the rest of the second half? Was it all HB? The Ravens pretty much kicked our D's butt in the second half. I was there and I just got power back so I haven't watched the game on TV, but I'm curious what was happening.

From a rowdy fan's perspective, it sure seemed like the Ravens depth (in the aggregate) was better than ours. That's not a knock on our guys, because the Ravens do things the right way, but that's how it looked to me.

I understand the evaluation on the first posession of the second half, but what happened the rest of the second half? Was it all HB? The Ravens pretty much kicked our D's butt in the second half. I was there and I just got power back so I haven't watched the game on TV, but I'm curious what was happening.

From a rowdy fan's perspective, it sure seemed like the Ravens depth (in the aggregate) was better than ours. That's not a knock on our guys, because the Ravens do things the right way, but that's how it looked to me.

"Tyrod Tayler looks like a good backup" would be my main reason for what happened in the rest of the second half. There wasn't that great a gap, the difference came down to an interception and weak coverage on the last punt, although I'm glad someone scored in a meaningless game and we avoided overtime.

Archived