Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys Nobody Are Talking About on D... But They Will. Oh, They Will.

TSO

I'll update this thread a little later with who cemented their spot on this list and who put some doubt into it. Hint: Very little changed. :)

Offhand, thought gomes, jackson, thompson, shannon looked good. Saw some good things from white, anderson, alexander, scott, worthington, and golston as well.

---------- Post added September-2nd-2011 at 02:22 AM ----------

Count fox in there too. All in all, our depth looks much improved. The final cuts will certainly be interesting.

Wasn't Shannon the one who got bowled over on the long touchdown by #15 for the Bucs? Thought the play Russell made near the endzone was better than anything Shannon showed.

The two guys that are going to be tough decisions are Markus White and Edgar Jones (who was getting some good pressure all preseason). If they PS White, he'll be gone.

Markus White has looked like a beast all preseason. He's not as big as Kerrigan, but he's faster. I think he should be the 1st OLB off the bench, if not pushing Ryan for snaps.

Lorenzo Alexander needs to be playing both LB spots off bench. He is a rock-solid football player.

Terrence Austin has looked like our best WR outside of Santana. Armstrong and Gaffney ought to both be worried about him taking their spots.

Rob Jackson definately backs up Orakpo. Rocky McIntosh looks like the outside looking in LB. I'd keep Fox over Rocky in a minute.

Paulson needs to play ahead of Fred Davis. Not sure what happened to Fred, but he was invisible this preseason.

Gomes has been our best safety this preseason. He's a starter to me if OJ or LL can't play vs NY.

Brandon Banks...mortal lock. Pro Bowl. But, can the coaches PLEASE ask him to quit acting like a CLOWN after big plays? It is just embarrassing.

Jones should make practice squad. He's got potential. Same with Niles Paul & Evan Royster.

Sorry, I know this thread was on "D", but had to roll on to "O" as well. :)

Wasn't Shannon the one who got bowled over on the long touchdown by #15 for the Bucs? Thought the play Russell made near the endzone was better than anything Shannon showed.

The two guys that are going to be tough decisions are Markus White and Edgar Jones (who was getting some good pressure all preseason). If they PS White, he'll be gone.

Maybe so. All I know is he made a few good plays - either tacking well or with good coverage. Did not noyice yhe bad I guess. And yes, Anderson did some good things too.

Archived