Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Malcolm Kelly interview on Lavar and Dukes

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

The reason Lavar constantly tries to find players who ALSO hate Dan Snyder (and everyone he brings in) is because Lavar underperformed his entire career because he wouldn't listen to coaches and he needs to reinforce his "victimized ego" (since he never lived up to his potential) by getting other people, who underperformed, to say, "Yeah, that's the way it was for ME too."

It helps him feel verified that it wasn't really HIS fault he failed to become the player he could have because, after all, "it happened to THIS guy too."

Everyone isn't Devin Thomas. DT did not accept responsibility, meanwhile he was cut by the Panthers and all he's done in NY is return kicks. I don't believe Malcolm Kelly is going to trash the Skins as he knows he's been given every opportunity to succeed.

The way he was speaking with Lavar... it smelt like he was wearing PADS and thongs

Everyone isn't Devin Thomas. DT did not accept responsibility, meanwhile he was cut by the Panthers and all he's done in NY is return kicks. I don't believe Malcolm Kelly is going to trash the Skins as he knows he's been given every opportunity to succeed.

Malcomb eluded to an issue but said he didn't want to comment. Lavar kept pushing and bringing up stuff and basically created the stir so MK could bash the Skins...he didn't want to and was being profesh but Lavar wouldn't shut up....Lavar outed the comments when MK didn't want to...so sad that man Lavar is...what a toolbox and loser of a sportscaster.

Yeah it's quiet sad... LAVAR is acting up like an Ex-wife who will always be negative....

Malcomb eluded to an issue but said he didn't want to comment. Lavar kept pushing and bringing up stuff and basically created the stir so MK could bash the Skins...he didn't want to and was being profesh but Lavar wouldn't shut up....Lavar outed the comments when MK didn't want to...so sad that man Lavar is...what a toolbox and loser of a sportscaster.

I think the big secret is that he had received genetically altered DNA injections to try to fix the defective family knee gene, but the Skins master alchemist botched the formula blamed ultimately on a lack of govt research funding. Making matters worse, they called it Operation Colmbover, which apparently was the straw that broke the camels back.

Joking aside, the mess from the previous regime is slowly being tended too.

F that **** "they dont know what went down"..... what went down is he was a soft little pansy who had his chances and was made of papyrus.... sick of all these guys who always look for a scapegoat.

Actually I think Prince Humperdinck found that they put Iocane Powder in MK's in the lotion Bubba Tyer used on his legs. :)

i believe he is just going to talk about his injury last year and placement on the IR, of which he might be a little butthurt in retrospect. also how this year when he hurt his foot, he was told not to practice or participate in preseason, even though there is literally nothing wrong with him.

i really think that shanny and shanny jr. met after getting the negative mri results and decided then and there that he was toast. their strategy was to then just keep him off the field to avoid an injury settlement.

comb will be his regular self, but lavar will try to pull out details and bash the organization. lavar is a punk.

i believe he is just going to talk about his injury last year and placement on the IR, of which he might be a little butthurt in retrospect. also how this year when he hurt his foot, he was told not to practice or participate in preseason, even though there is literally nothing wrong with him.

i really think that shanny and shanny jr. met after getting the negative mri results and decided then and there that he was toast. their strategy was to then just keep him off the field to avoid an injury settlement.

comb will be his regular self, but lavar will try to pull out details and bash the organization. lavar is a punk.

I said before that Lavar and Chad were still baffled by us cutting Marko Mitchell as if he has done anything since...anything to bash the organization without merit is their MO.

Listening to the interview it sounded more like Malcolm was talking more things that fans don't know about his injuries, and the extent of them. He did seem to have good things to say about Shanahan and the current FO, granted he implied that he was rushed back from injury. Which if he tries to do will be a major blight on his reputation in my eyes, especially considering the fact that he was the one who rushed himself back from injury last year (he admitted as much and Shanny expressed frustration with him telling the team trainers that he was okay when he wasn't). He claimed he was 100% and ready to go towards the middle of last season, so considering he had about 9 months to recuperate, I don't see how he could be any further rushed. So again, unless he's blaming himself for rushing back, he's a bold-faced liar and excuse maker.

Chad Pukes and Lavar sound like they are just trying to stir **** up, where there is nothing to stir. No surprisingly.

Got it thanks for the advice.

No problem man.

He got an injury settlement though.

Actually I think Prince Humperdinck found that they put Iocane Powder in MK's in the lotion Bubba Tyer used on his legs. :)

Nice PB reference...I figured Shanny took him down into the pit of dispare and set the Machine at level 10...wait does Kyle have 6 fingers.....

I don't think he's going to say anything controversial, that's just Lavar and Duke trying to get ratings. He's probably going to say how he's felt this whole time and how hard it's been for him, that the media doesn't understand that side of it. He's been bashed non-stop for his injury issues and there's no reason to believe he did it to himself. Both Zorn and Mike have stated he was as hard a worker as any guy on the team, and wanted to be a Redskin. That's why Mike kept him on the team last year even after the mistake he made by practicing and re-aggravating his injury. Sometimes we fans need to understand these guys are humans, they're not just football players that exist solely for our entertainment.

His body couldn't handle the rigours of the NFL. That's not his fault, he tried. Let's stop murdering his character for it and insulting his manhood.

Believe he has a fracture in his foot. Don't quote me on that though. I just know that he definitely got an injury settlement. Heard that in several places today.

He had to get an injury settlement - we released him before he had been cleared to practice following an injury he sustained in camp. I thought all the x-rays and MRIs had come back negative though so unless those reports were wrong - which is more than possible - it can't have been a fracture.

Believe he has a fracture in his foot. Don't quote me on that though. I just know that he definitely got an injury settlement. Heard that in several places today.

Yeah, he got a settlement, but didn't the two MRIs on his foot come up negative?

I agree with others that I don't think Kelly is going to bash the team or the coaches (if he says anything al all). I think he is unhappy about how he has been portrayed by some fans and media in D.C (i.e. injury prone.... low threshold of pain-would let a hangnail keep him out... no heart).

The problem is, that is tough to refute when you've spent your whole career hurt and on the bench.

I wish him luck where ever he ends up.

He had to get an injury settlement - we released him before he had been cleared to practice following an injury he sustained in camp. I thought all the x-rays and MRIs had come back negative though so unless those reports were wrong - which is more than possible - it can't have been a fracture.

However, that contradicts the statement made earlier by another poster: "i really think that shanny and shanny jr. met after getting the negative mri results and decided then and there that he was toast. their strategy was to then just keep him off the field to avoid an injury settlement. "

They said keeping him off the field would avoid an injury settlement as where you're saying keeping him off the field is what caused the injury settlement lol :yes:..

However, that contradicts the statement made earlier by another poster: "i really think that shanny and shanny jr. met after getting the negative mri results and decided then and there that he was toast. their strategy was to then just keep him off the field to avoid an injury settlement. "

They said keeping him off the field would avoid an injury settlement as where you're saying keeping him off the field is what caused the injury settlement lol :yes:..

I think the other poster is incorrect. It would have been to the Redskins benefit to have Kelly cleared to practice and back on the field then we could have just waived him with no settlement. Below is the best definition I could find with a quick Google seach - its wiki answers so not the last word in accuracy but I am 99% sure its right.

'Waived injured' means the team is releasing the player but the player is injured. The team is responsible to pay the player until his injury has healed. This is usually done by reaching an agreement for a specific amount of money, called an injury settlement. Other teams are allowed to pick up players on the waived injured list but they are forewarned that the player is not in condition to play. Sometimes, if a player on the waived injured list is not selected by another team, the team will retain the player and place him on its injured reserve list."

Archived