Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Penalties against our defense and penalties not being called for our defense

kiingspadee

Am I the only one who constantly saw multiple holds on Kerrigan and other defensive players. There were a few times I had even seen Kerrigan's jersey above his neck and almost over his head. How on earth could this not be called?

Of course the biggest issue was 14 points were scored due to penalties leading to longer drives by the Ravens. Kerrigan was called for two neutral zone infractions but he's a rookie and rather have it now versus the regular season but defensive holding by Doughty on third down was just sad to see.

I love how when Lee Evans bobbles the ball, it's a touchdown. When Santana Moss bobbles it, it's incomplete.

What a joke.

evans had control before exiting the endzone, moss hit the ground while bobbling it and came up without it, both calls were correct, hate to admit it but they were

evans had control before exiting the endzone, moss hit the ground while bobbling it and came up without it, both calls were correct, hate to admit it but they were

False. Evans began losing control while he was still in the end zone. Moss had control before he touched the ground and lost it due to the defender fighting even after Moss went down. If the Calvin Johnson rule applies to one it should apply to both, in my opinion.

False. Evans lost control while he was still in the end zone. Moss had control before he touched the ground and lost it due to the defender fighting even after Moss went down.

He had control for two steps while being able to stay upright, after those two steps in its a TD.

If he had gone to the ground then bobbled it like he did, it would have been incomplete. Just like Santana's.

He had control for two steps while being able to stay upright, after those two steps in its a TD.

If he had gone to the ground then bobbled it like he did, it would have been incomplete. Just like Santana's.

Santana took three steps before going down. So by that logic, his should also have been a TD. As soon as Santana gets both feet down...no?

He never had complete control though, the defender got a hand in there and the first couple steps Santana took he didn't have control.

I disagree. Just because the defender's hand was close to the ball doesn't mean Santana didn't have complete control. Santana only lost control after it was wrestled free after he went down. He didn't begin to lose possession at all until he had touched the ground and it was a direct result of the defender fighting for it after Santana got three feet down before falling.

I disagree. Just because the defender's hand was close to the ball doesn't mean Santana didn't have complete control. Santana only lost control after it was wrestled free after he went down. He didn't begin to lose possession at all until he had touched the ground and it was a direct result of the defender fighting for it after Santana got three feet down before falling.

There's nothing really to disagree with. That's what happened.

:ols:

We'll see if we can get a good replay of it here sometime soon.

Yup. So disheartening for a defense after they give everything they've got and think they're about to get off the field...

In a way this is good for them I want to see how they respond to adversity. Maybe the first two games were too easy and you think you are okay? I'm sure Shanny,Sr. will reiterate the importance of doing the little things right and focusing on your job. We'll be okay ;)

Moss was bobbling that catch the whole time, not once did he have control, he had it at a tight fit but the ball was still movimg freely the whole time...moss was definately incomplete,

evans however, by the time he had that second foot, or third in this matter, the ball was by far secure

It did seem to me that there were more calls for Baltimore then for us

Truth is in the first half we received 7 penalty's to Baltimore's 2

In the end it was a sloppy Redskins game with 11 penalties against Baltimore's 6

But hold your heads high, at least our entire Offensive Line didn't manage to all get a penalty on the same damn play

"(4:19) PENALTY on BLT, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 43 - No Play. Penalty was called on entire BLT line."

It did seem to me that there were more calls for Baltimore then for us

Truth is in the first half we received 7 penalty's to Baltimore's 2

In the end it was a sloppy Redskins game with 11 penalties against Baltimore's 6

But hold your heads high, at least our entire Offensive Line didn't manage to all get a penalty on the same damn play

"(4:19) PENALTY on BLT, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 43 - No Play. Penalty was called on entire BLT line."

Lol, not sure ill see/hear that penalty ever again lol

The Officials better get their act together. I counted about 4 to 5 HOLDING PENALTIES. Kerrigan got mushed in the face while the ref watched and didn't do anything. Flaco had time to throw the ball because once agian Kerrigan was held. Orakpo was so quick n the inside, they were pulling his jersey. Refs screwed up last year, especially in that Tampa game. My other complaint is that the cameras never or seldom go back to any of the plays. I wonder if they're playing them back on the big screen at the stadium?

The Moss call was technically correct. There's a rule where if you are tackled in the process of making the catch you must keep possession of the ball. Unfortunately, it supercedes the two step rule. I don't really like it, but I've seen and heard that before. The Evans catch was also correct, but was a lot closer. It was a catch and strip.

And I'm a guy who's usually very critical of the refs. We lost this game because their scrubs beat our scrubs and we couldn't cover a punt.

Lots of missed calls, but the Redskins also shot themselves in the foot time and time again with the ST and defensive penalties that allowed the Ravens to sustain drives.

HTTR

Our special teams have been very sloppy throughout pre-season.

Bro. BANG will agree with you. :ols:. Seriously though, i hear you. Danny Smith IMO is over rated. It would have been nice to bring someone else in for the job. Hopefully the FO will see the light.

Thought of Bang too. Man, teams let us down yesteday and they almost had another one break too.

Archived