Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SEAL's dog stands guard one last time

ardowling

i went to the memorial service for one of the 3 PJ Airmen that died in the same crash and it was very moving. this story hits home just the same and it's just such a touching thing that saddens me so much but is also an amazing story. i have so much respect for the men who died who they were the absolute best our country has to offer and i sincerely hope that dog finds a companion that can make him a little bit happy at least.

Moving image which indicates why they are really man's best friend. I remember hearing about a Japanese story about this dog who would wait every day for his Master even though he wouldn't come. Just waited at the train station. Dogs very loyal. :)

Dogs are awesome; love them more than humans at times.

I noticed that Hawkeye was mainly in the shadows and just part of his head/snout was in the light. Not sure if that means anything, but it is an intense and moving image. I don't see it to be depressing at all, quite the opposite. We underestimate animals, and I actually smiled, while holding back the water works. This is an image of unconditional love and devotion.

Having served with JT and been a friend of his, I had to go and pay my respects. The time I spent there from Wednesday to Saturday was truly a celebration of his life although there were a lot of emotions for everyone. I cannot say enough about how the community came out to support him and his family. On Thursday, his remains arrived at the airport about 30 miles from his hometown. Along the drive, cars and trucks on both sides of the highway pulled over and got out to show their respect. Every overpass was full of people standing to watch the procession also. The number of friends that came also said a lot about the person JT was. I have no doubt JT would be proud of Hawkeye and would love it if it works out to having Hawkeye lead Iowa's football team onto the field for home games this season. RIP JT.

Having served with JT and been a friend of his, I had to go and pay my respects. The time I spent there from Wednesday to Saturday was truly a celebration of his life although there were a lot of emotions for everyone. I cannot say enough about how the community came out to support him and his family. On Thursday, his remains arrived at the airport about 30 miles from his hometown. Along the drive, cars and trucks on both sides of the highway pulled over and got out to show their respect. Every overpass was full of people standing to watch the procession also. The number of friends that came also said a lot about the person JT was. I have no doubt JT would be proud of Hawkeye and would love it if it works out to having Hawkeye lead Iowa's football team onto the field for home games this season. RIP JT.

Sounds like the same response i saw out of the small community in PA for the PJ Airman from the same crash. It definitely warmed my heart and as an AF vet myself I was happy to have the opportunity to pay my respect to a fallen Airman. There were representatives from the SEALs at the services too which was nice. They worked very close together on a lot of missions apparently.

I own three labs, One chocolate that is 14 that I have had since she was a puppy, best dog in the world. One yellow that was a rescue dog at 16 months the owners did not want, she is dumb as a blond and just as lovable, we also have just gotten a chocolate puppy. The puppy is a premature replacement for the inevitable. I can totally see a choc. lab doing this, they are really loyal and loving dogs. My older lab just sits there and stares at me and did that from almost day one. I hand her fully trained with hand commands, never had to really teach her anything, she saw other dogs in class and would just mimic them. When you see a picture like this and you own a dog it makes you realize, a dog is a man's best friend. Ever faithful even when your gone.

Archived