Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Clark tweet on Friday's game: "No we were playing a preseason game them the Super Bowl"

Skadden

An Eagles fan having to talk trash using another team's Super Bowl rings...

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Nope - I might be an Eagles fan but I have posted in here a couple times - my family and my wife's family are all Steelers fans - so I was reppin' for them with that post. Is there a rule against that I missed?

No one is crowing over the preseason. We are having fun at Clark's expense at his BS assertion that the Steelers weren't really trying.

You only need to look at the play where Moss caught a TD pass. The Steelers rushed SEVEN on that play. That was an all out blitz. That was no vanilla defense.

He is also full of it to say the Steeler starters only played one series. Maybe on offense. Maybe not. However, on defense (as others have noted) there were starters out there midway through the 2nd quarter. In what numbers I don't know, but they were out there.

The game probably did mean more to Washington than it did to Pittsburgh. At least in regards to the players (Tomlin's reaction is different). However, it was asinine and classless for Clark to fall back on that lameness as an excuse as to why the Steelers were pushed around all night.

Fair enough. He does come off as a chump.. if it's so beneath him probably not even noticing would have been better.

~Bang

Nope - I might be an Eagles fan but I have posted in here a couple times - my family and my wife's family are all Steelers fans - so I was reppin' for them with that post. Is there a rule against that I missed?

Anyone buying that? Bueller? Bueller?

If we had said something against your family, then you can defend them. My father in law loves the Ratbirds, but I'm not going to defend something one of their players does or says because it's his favorite team. Besides, the Eagles are the redheaded stepchildren of Pennsylvania football. They don't like the Steelers, nor do the Steelers like them (especially after their FO said that the Steelers haven't had any more success than the Eagles in that past ten years).

This was my thought last year when the ravens faked a punt in a meaningless preseason game. So dopey.

Nobody should give a **** a out preseason- just rookies trying to make the team... And losers who care that the team wins a preseason game.... The steelers don't give a **** about august... They give a **** about real games.

This is his exact tweet:

Wow, show a little more class and humility than that, Ryan. And, for all of the Twitter uninitiated (like me), the unquoted portion of the excerpt above is Clark's actual tweet. The quoted portion is a tweet by another person.

Check out the rest of his tweets. He claims that the starters only played one series, when, in fact (at least as far as I knew), it was two. He also has a funny response to another guy asking him how he got trucked by Tim Hightower.

oh sure. i recall most redskins fans all upset for letting clark go and now just because he states the truth, u turn against him? the guy as far as i know is classy. what he said was nothing but the truth. the guy said it like it is and gets slammed? for your sake, lets say it was 2 and not 1 series. oh boy, big difference.

in other news, steelers are killin the iggles.

This was my thought last year when the ravens faked a punt in a meaningless preseason game. So dopey.

Nobody should give a **** a out preseason- just rookies trying to make the team... And losers who care that the team wins a preseason game.... The steelers don't give a **** about august... They give a **** about real games.

What's dopey about running a fake punt in the preseason? You put the play on film and now every ST coach has to prepare for it. If you weren't planning on running it during the regular season then congradulations, you just wasted X amount of every team's time. The more time teams spend preparing for the stuff you aren't planning on doing, the less they can spend on the real stuff. It's not a terrible strategy.

It could be good from an evaluation standpoint as well. Putting guys in a position they aren't comfortable in and see how they react. That's what preseason is all about.

oh sure. i recall most redskins fans all upset for letting clark go and now just because he states the truth, u turn against him? the guy as far as i know is classy. what he said was nothing but the truth. the guy said it like it is and gets slammed? for your sake, lets say it was 2 and not 1 series. oh boy, big difference.

in other news, steelers are killin the iggles.

Once again, my point isn't about the relative merits of his statement. It's the fact that he stated it, which is classless. It makes him look very defensive, and then he turns on us. I loved Ryan Clark when he was here, and was pissed when Vinny and Dan left. That doesn't change the fact that what he said should have been better left a thought bouncing back and forth in the rim recesses of his mind.

RealRClark25 ryan clark

@

@nathanglad I did not mock their approach. They left starters in whole first half we played 1 series. 7-7 at the half. That was my point

@RealRClark25 Is it only "Real Steeler football" because y'all won? I mean the Eagles left their starters in the 1st half, too.

That's what I replied back. Doubt I get a response.

so the Steelers choose which pre-season games are important and dismiss the others?
sure seems that way to me... sounds like #sorelosersyndrom to me

---------- Post added August-18th-2011 at 09:39 PM ----------

@RealRClark25 Is it only "Real Steeler football" because y'all won? I mean the Eagles left their starters in the 1st half, too.

That's what I replied back. Doubt I get a response.

He meant how their starters only played one series and ous played a whole half, basically said thats only reason we won. But way i see it is our starting O drove down field from the one on their starting D....their starting O didnt touch our starting D and when ALL backups were in playing in the second half our depth whooped their depth...thats the way i look at it

He meant how their starters only played one series and ous played a whole half, basically said thats only reason we won. But way i see it is our starting O drove down field from the one on their starting D....their starting O didnt touch our starting D and when ALL backups were in playing in the second half our depth whooped their depth...thats the way i look at it

Their starting LBs were playing well into the second quarter.

A tweet by mister ryan clark.... "Told you guys! Real Steeler Football was going down at Heinz today! Thanks to out fans the place was rocking!" So much for it just being a preseason game lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/RealRClark25/status/104401785883607040

Another bit of evidence that the Redskins embarrassed the Steelers and they felt they needed to take it out on someone else. That was a pride whoopin' the Eagles faced and it couldn't have happened to a better team.

The whole thing about their starters playing one series is a lie. Just go to the game tape thread. Lamar Woodley/Timmons/Aaron Smith/etc all played in the 2nd quarter. Sure it meant more to the Skins, but using that excuse is lame.

Archived