Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Clark tweet on Friday's game: "No we were playing a preseason game them the Super Bowl"

Skadden

This is his exact tweet:

RealRClark25 ryan clark

@BigSexyKM: Yeah, Y'all was on break!! But the Skins need anything positive.” No we were playing a preseason game them the Super Bowl

Wow, show a little more class and humility than that, Ryan. And, for all of the Twitter uninitiated (like me), the unquoted portion of the excerpt above is Clark's actual tweet. The quoted portion is a tweet by another person.

Check out the rest of his tweets. He claims that the starters only played one series, when, in fact (at least as far as I knew), it was two. He also has a funny response to another guy asking him how he got trucked by Tim Hightower.

he's mad b/c redskin fans were throwing him tweets about Hightower running over him. He keep on saying that TH didn't run over him, He was in the process of falling and TH just ran into him. LOL

He forgot to mention the 2 minutes he was on the ground, then walking off to the sidelines holding his hand.

he's mad b/c redskin fans were throwing him tweets about Hightower running over him. He keep on saying that TH didn't run over him, He was in the process of falling and TH just ran into him. LOL

He forgot to mention the 2 minutes he was on the ground, then walking off to the sidelines holding his hand.

Thats like telling my girlfriend, "I didn't have sex with another woman, she just fell on my ****"

This is his tweet-back on the Hightower thing:

RealRClark25 ryan clark

“@SpeedracerRC: Tim Hightower trucked u blame that on the preseason 2" No I should have got lower. He was falling already. Won't be the last

Don't forget, though . . .

RealRClark25 ryan clark

I love God and I love his children but sometimes I wonder where you guys come up with the audacity and nerve to tweet the things u do!

It's rare that you'll see a humbled nfl football player, especially one that got jacked up during the game, theres too much of a pride factor . Ask him if Hightower reminded him of his Mcgahee hit? haha

lol...pretty sure Hightower thought it tasted pretty good.

Why's everyone so butt hurt over this? He has a point. We've been a bad team for years. Our first preseason game does matter a hell of a lot more than it does to the Steelers. We have more to evaluate to make sure we're headed in the right direction.

Why's everyone so butt hurt over this? He has a point. We've been a bad team for years. Our first preseason game does matter a hell of a lot more than it does to the Steelers. We have more to evaluate to make sure we're headed in the right direction.

While this may be true, it goes without saying, and Clark is in no place to talk though

Whether it's true or not isn't the point: it's the fact that he mentioned it. You just don't say those types of things (e.g., Sexy Rexy claiming that we'll win the division) as it makes you look classless.

While I am sure we were putting more importance on it, its pretty pathetic that he has to claim it was our "super bowl" because of the heat he was getting on getting trucked. Classless, but mainly pathetic.

...why was he so butt hurt over the comments? He has a twitter account, Ryan should know that people will scrutinize his play, good or bad. Either he deals with it in stride or he deletes his account. I'm not sure what else he expects.

That, and we also need to sell tickets. Season tickets are still available (the Redskins emailed me, and I'm sure thousands of others, yesterday about that) and the franchise is quietly scrambling behind the scenes to build some pre-season buzz for the team. I don't fault them for this, and I don't fault them for leaving our starters in longer than usual to help get a win and generate some positive press.

Archived