Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins and Grey Lot Parking

Howie411

I'm sick of the Redskins sending me an email telling me they have a limited # of Inside the Belt Way parking available. I find it hard to believe the demand is high for the crappy parking.

Its also BS they want you to pay the same for grey parking as green when you have to walk twice the distance, and park in a muddy field.

Who falls for this stuff?

"Dear Redskins Season Ticket Holder:

Good news!! Don’t miss kick-off because you don’t have parking. A limited amount of “Inside-the-Beltway” season parking spaces are still available. Tailgate pre-game with your friends. The cost is just $315 for the remainder of the season ($35 per game), representing a significant savings over the day-of-game cash lots. To purchase yours today, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050. Or to purchase online, go to www.redskins.com/myaccount, login to your account, and click "Buy Packages" under the Ticket or Plan Purchases option.

Hail to the Redskins!!!

"

I'm sick of the Redskins sending me an email telling me they have a limited # of Inside the Belt Way parking available. I find it hard to believe the demand is high for the crappy parking.

Its also BS they want you to pay the same for grey parking as green when you have to walk twice the distance, and park in a muddy field.

Typical Redskins front office BS. They are fishing for suckers. Don't take the bait.

You'd be better off just buying a Green pass for every game off ebay or what have you...$40 will get you one every time. Gray parking is a ripoff, another signpost of Snyder-land.

My parent's driveway is also located inside the Beltway...They'll let you park there for only 20 bucks.

I think the gray lot has its advantages and disadvantages. Of course it's not the best, but it's not all bad and it has some advantages over Green, such as less crowded, more room to tailgate and way quicker getting out of after the game. Once you have Gray parking, from my experience and what I've heard, you should be upgraded to Green within 2 years if that's what you really want. Being able to buy Orange at $35 a game is a perk of buying club level seats and buying Purple at $35 is a perk of having suite, dream, or loge tickets. I don't have any complaints with the pricing as it seems comparable to other teams around the league. The other option is parking in one of the cash lots and walking even further. Or Crazy Levi's parent's house for $20;)

I think the gray lot has its advantages and disadvantages. Of course it's not the best, but it's not all bad and it has some advantages over Green, such as less crowded, more room to tailgate and way quicker getting out of after the game. Once you have Gray parking, from my experience and what I've heard, you should be upgraded to Green within 2 years if that's what you really want. Being able to buy Orange at $35 a game is a perk of buying club level seats and buying Purple at $35 is a perk of having suite, dream, or loge tickets. I don't have any complaints with the pricing as it seems comparable to other teams around the league. The other option is parking in one of the cash lots and walking even further. Or Crazy Levi's parent's house for $20;)

I had gray parking in 09, and '10. I bought them and sold them at a loss on eBay to keep my place in line to get green. Each year I was told I would be upgraded next year. I called the TO this spring when I got my invoice to see if I would be upgraded. They said that I would not be, but probably would next so I cancelled.

Why does this organization have to lie so much?

I had gray parking in 09, and '10. I bought them and sold them at a loss on eBay to keep my place in line to get green. Each year I was told I would be upgraded next year. I called the TO this spring when I got my invoice to see if I would be upgraded. They said that I would not be, but probably would next so I cancelled.

You should threaten to cancel your tickets too, that will probably get you upgraded to Green. My friend had Gray parking last year and for only the one year and got moved up to Green B3 this year. I had Red lot for two years before I was moved up to Green. I wonder how they figure out who gets upgraded each year?

You should threaten to cancel your tickets too, that will probably get you upgraded to Green. My friend had Gray parking last year and for only the one year and got moved up to Green B3 this year. I had Red lot for two years before I was moved up to Green. I wonder how they figure out who gets upgraded each year?

Did you guys pay on time? I did. I am beginning to think that they take you for a sucker when you do this, and they keep the good stuff reserved for people that are on the fence, and don;t pay on time.

You should have come to Draft Day at FedEx. A couple ES'ers with no parking were able to secure an unrestricted green pass. Good stuff usually seems to happen on that day.

Did you guys pay on time? I did. I am beginning to think that they take you for a sucker when you do this, and they keep the good stuff reserved for people that are on the fence, and don;t pay on time.

Yeah, paid on time, neither of us asked for upgrades in parking, they were done automatically. I do have 6 tickets on my account and I think at one time, they were trying to upgrade people at had 4 tickets or more to Green parking. I had my tickets for about 6 years at the time I was upgraded to Green. Also, my friend has had season tickets for 40+ years but last year was the first year she got any parking. So, I don't know if the amount of tickets on the account helps or if season ticket holder seniority helps. Still, I bet if you called them next year before you paid your invoice and said you were only renewing your tickets if you got Green parking, they would be able to secure you a Green parking pass.

I may be nuts but I like the gray lot......

I get out quickly and hit the interstate no problem.

Nope. You're not nuts. I like the gray lot too. Especially if you come early and park near the entrance. You're out of there in no time!

Drawbacks:

1) If you have lazy people with you that don't like to walk, you'll hear about it.

2) If you don't have 4WD, and it just rained or snowed, you gotta be careful about where you park out there. You could be stuck after the game.

My mother occasionally goes to games with me. She is handicapped. The Handicapped bus from the gray lot took over an hour to get us back to the gray lot after the game. This is unacceptable.

Can't you get handicapped parking from the skins in advance? I know you have to already have a pass + handicap parking permit to get it, but you used to be able to park in a lot adjacent to the stadium.

*edit* This is from MTH's info about FedEx Field .

Handicapped Parking - This is available at the curb adjacent to the stadium (see map), provided you have a state or city government issued handicap parking permit and any stadium parking pass. There is no team-issued parking pass for this lot; any colored parking pass is accepted. The handicapped spaces are limited and are first-come, first served.

Can't you get handicapped parking from the skins in advance? I know you have to already have a pass + handicap parking permit to get it, but you used to be able to park in a lot adjacent to the stadium.

You can for the other colors but not gray. If you are gray you park at the corner of Redskins Road and Sheriff Road (basically an immediate right as you are turning into the gray lot). Then you have to wait for one bus to run loops. It sucks.

You can for the other colors but not gray. If you are gray you park at the corner of Redskins Road and Sheriff Road (basically an immediate right as you are turning into the gray lot). Then you have to wait for one bus to run loops. It sucks.

Looks like our info about FedEx Field needs to be edited.

Handicapped Parking - This is available at the curb adjacent to the stadium (see map), provided you have a state or city government issued handicap parking permit and any stadium parking pass. There is no team-issued parking pass for this lot; any colored parking pass is accepted. The handicapped spaces are limited and are first-come, first served.

The problem with this is that the lot fills up fast. My grandfather checked on this and they told him he'd have to be at the stadium when the parking lots opened to be able to get a spot. Not a problem for me, but my 85 y/o grandfather doesn't want to sit around and tailgate for 4 hours, can't blame him. They need to enforce the handicap parking better at the stadium, so the people that are actually handicap can park there.

I guess it is technically Brightseat and Redskins Road. It is the small lot directly off of Brightseat as you pull into the gray lot.

Gray lot is equal to some of the ends of Green Lots, might not be exactly the same, but I know the one Green Lot I parked in one year was definitely in front of that tree line of the Gray. It really isn't that big of a deal. Don't want Gray, don't buy it. Find someone online selling Green for face or over face, buy them on game day or just take the Metro in.

I used the Grey lot last year for the GB game and it was great...plenty of room to tailgate etc...and if your into nature just take the shortcut through the woods cuts down on the longer walk :)

Looks like our info about FedEx Field needs to be edited.
I'm on it.
I guess it is technically Brightseat and Redskins Road. It is the small lot directly off of Brightseat as you pull into the gray lot.

The problem with this is that the lot fills up fast. My grandfather checked on this and they told him he'd have to be at the stadium when the parking lots opened to be able to get a spot. Not a problem for me, but my 85 y/o grandfather doesn't want to sit around and tailgate for 4 hours, can't blame him. They need to enforce the handicap parking better at the stadium, so the people that are actually handicap can park there.

Close but not quite accurate. I park in the handicapped lot. There are two of them. The one off Redskins Road I parked in for two years. Last year, I parked in Morgan Blvd. Spaces do fill up quickly; however, spaces are available about an hour before gametime. Later than that and you are risking not getting a spot. At the Morgan Blvd handicapped lot, the Skins use the purple lot as overflow and I saw people parking there within 30 minutes of game times last year. Also, if you cannot park in the onsite handicapped lots and have to park in a green lot, for example, you can text or call the Skins and they will send a golf cart out to you and bring you to the stadium. Same when you leave. If you need the text name or number, I can dig it up off my cell phone for people. But it is on the parking map that comes with season tickets.

Oh...they do enforce every car that enters the handicapped lot. The handicapped person must show their handicapped ID card that comes with your state issued handicapped pass (usually blue) and a picture ID. Kids using their grandpa's handicapped plackard get turned away.....you can thank me for that.....that was my suggestion last year and they started doing it. I was pissed when I saw 6 Giant fans roll up in their van, rip roaring drunk and absolutely no sign of any of them having a handicap other than their midget IQ level. Cops and security kept a close eye on them after people complained about their boorish behavior and VERY loud music.

Ridden on the shuttle bus when I was a blue and red parking lot guy.....the shuttle really does suck. But it's not really the Skins fault. Traffic just delays the shuttle getting out or back to the stadium.

Happy to answer any handicapped questions folks may have.

You aren't nuts. Im a Grey lot fan as well. Not always easy in, but usually an easy out. I actually declined an upgrade to the new extended Green lot this offseason. Certainly didn't appear to be an upgrade.

Archived