Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins and Grey Lot Parking

Howie411

They should do it like NASCAR. First come First serve. Get there early you get the front and if you get there late you get the back unless you are disabled. If the Skins FO would do that the stands should be packed everytime by kickoff because a lot of the fans would come earlier then normal.

Ridden on the shuttle bus when I was a blue and red parking lot guy.....the shuttle really does suck. But it's not really the Skins fault. Traffic just delays the shuttle getting out or back to the stadium.

Happy to answer any handicapped questions folks may have.

I am guessing the gray shuttle bus is the same bus that they used for the red and blue. I never parked in red or blue when I took my mother to a game. They could solve this problem with abandoning the shuttle and using ADA compliant golf carts. Here is a picture of one that would work just fine and they could use it on the sidewalk just like they do with other golf carts. It hooks up to a John Deere Gator, has chair ramp and ample seating for the crutches and walkers crowd. You could hook multiple cars up to make a train as well.

I always thought that this ADA stuff was a joke, and just another act of wussification of PC America, however once it effects you or a loved one it makes a huge difference.

ADAtram83.jpg

Is the Grey lot the one where you have to walk down the hill, through the woods, over the make-shift bridge walking over the creek, and then back up the muddy hill, to get into the stadium?

I dont mind that lot too much because you can get back out to the highway faster then parking in the stadium, but damn making that treck in reverse, at night, after drinking, is hard, especially after it rains and its all muddy...

i didn't get grey parking because of what's being said in this thread.

this idea that you're 'in line' for green is a joke.

i got green parking this year, without have any parking associated with the account for the last 40+ years. i didn't pay on time, they gave it to me as an incentive to renew my tickets.

don't buy into their lies. it's pretty sad how much the organization lies to the season ticket holders.

Gray lot is equal to some of the ends of Green Lots, might not be exactly the same, but I know the one Green Lot I parked in one year was definitely in front of that tree line of the Gray. It really isn't that big of a deal. Don't want Gray, don't buy it. Find someone online selling Green for face or over face, buy them on game day or just take the Metro in.

...or park at the church for $35......

I dont know who built that "bridge" but I must say that I am very thankful. Think it would be possible to get a group of us to fix it up a little? I know that at the end of last season it was a little worn down, which is understandable.

Ah, so that is the grey lot?! I actually like the treck through the woods, over the make shift bridge, and up the hill. When its wet, you get to see lots of drunk people bust their ass on that hill.

Is there a name for that bridge? My 7 year-old last name coined it the "Bridge of Doom" because it looked like it was going to fall down. The way the 'Skins played last year, the phrase was a double entendre for us. Now, he hates parking in the Green lot because we don't get to walk on the "Bridge of Doom". Hopefully this year, the doom will be in reference to the pain we inflict on the other team!

Is there a name for that bridge? My 7 year-old last name coined it the "Bridge of Doom" because it looked like it was going to fall down. The way the 'Skins played last year, the phrase was a double entendre for us. Now, he hates parking in the Green lot because we don't get to walk on the "Bridge of Doom". Hopefully this year, the doom will be in reference to the pain we inflict on the other team!

There was a night game a season or two ago where we were walking through the woods with our cell phones as flashlights, and one guy ahead of us was guzzling beer on the walk. Well he tipped his head back to finish his beer and went right into the creek, missing the bridge entirely. Pretty funny. I think he ended up losing s shoe in the mud in the creek too.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived