Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mother Bear Kills Cub and Self

DeaconTheVillain

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Asia/Story/A1Story20110805-292947.html

WTF

The Chinese media has reported on an extraordinary account of a mother bear saving her cub from a life of torture by strangling it and then killing itself.

The bears were kept in a farm located in a remote area in the North-West of China. The bears on the farm had their gall bladders milked daily for 'bear bile,' which is used as a remedy in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).

It was reported that the bears are kept in tiny cages known as 'crush cages', as the bears have no room to manoeuvre and are literally crushed.

Things like that happen here too. Just the heart breaking things I've witnessed in the dog world is so damn depressing. Try going to a factory meat farm sometime and tell me how good that 99 cent double cheeseburger is.

Oh I know, laugh at the vegetarian, because bacon taste good.

I read this a while ago and yes, because it's a bear, it's extremely sad. I just don't see a difference between other living animals.

It's a violent society. Change your own habits or deal with it.

I wondered how long it would be before you got here and started spreading guilt around to all the meat eaters. Just about an hour and a half.

I'm in between a dog met and my meeting to set up my dog rescue. Sorry to pull your head out of the sand for a minute.

What's the difference?

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 01:51 PM ----------

x1vavWPKVkc

lolguilt. How about accountable. Here's for your diner.

Caylee Anthony syndrome. A cute bear in China tugs at the heart strings and we just can't do anything about it so it's safe. An ugly, but tasty cow in our backyard, who cares.

I really have no problem with eating meat either, it's factory farming where my problem is. I personally don't, because it's just easier to abstain.

Caylee Anthony syndrome. A cute bear in China tugs at the heart strings and we just can't do anything about it so it's safe. An ugly, but tasty cow in our backyard, who cares.

I really have no problem with eating meat either, it's factory farming where my problem is. I personally don't, because it's just easier to abstain.

What would you do if you were given the option of either a) death, or B) a double bacon cheeseburger? Just curious.:silly:

The distinction between the two is killing a bear for its bile is wanton, killing a cow to feed people is not.

He's not talking about killing anything which is apparent when you consider the fact that the bear in this story wasn't meant to be killed. It actually killed itself. Consider how horrifying conditions have to be for a wild animal, not exactly used to room service, to take it's own infants life and follow that up by attempting to kill itself. The story tells us that the bears are tied up in such a manner specifically to stop them from committing suicide. When have you ever even heard of bears committing suicide prior to right now?

There isn't a human alive with a correctly functioning mind that can't appreciate the difference between torture and death. There is a reason we put prisoners down via lethal injection. Hanging, the electric chair, and firing squad were also seen as relatively quick means of sending a man to his grave. What takes place in factory farming, and worse yet in China where the culture has no concept of animal welfare, is not a matter of killing. I have no issues with killing a cow or several million cows. My problem is with cruelty. I believe it to be wrong.

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 07:22 PM ----------

Savages.

Simpleton savages.

So proud I'm a vegan. And yes it does make me better than you.

Why vegan? Cultural? I ask because vegans don't even eat eggs and it's easy to in essence farm your own eggs. I'm a little surprised with the organic movement that more people don't raise their own chickens. They are easier to deal with then dogs.

Archived