Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chain e-mails as OP's (used for staritng a new thread topic)--ban 'em or not?

Jumbo

I'd wager most of us---even some of our most "troubled" politicos :D---find chain e-mails to truly plumb the depths of stupidity and MSD (mental spazzoid disorder).

So should we disallow using a chain mail for an OP/starting a new thread, or just have the rule that it must be noted as such in the title?

Keep in mind that while it may be fun to play in the garbage, it (and you) gets pretty stinky after a while and if you let the garbage pile up, the house starts to smell. ;)

I'd wager most of us---even some of our most "troubled" politicos :D---find chain e-mails to truly plumb the depths of stupidity and MSD (mental spazzoid disorder).

So should we disallow using a chain mail for an OP/starting a new thread, or just have the rule that it must be noted as such in the title?

Keep in mind that while it may be fun to play in the garbage, it (and you) gets pretty stinky after a while and if you let the garbage pile up, the house starts to smell. ;)

Using a chain email as a new thread should equal a permaband.

Actually, I'd just say don't allow it.

*My* opinion is that they can be fun sometimes. If you want to set a hard and fast rule, that would be ok too. I just think that it should be handled consistently through modding.

Sometimes the threads that start out as crap, become epic because of how the posters handle them. For a reference point, see the ES Hall of Fame Thread, thread.

if the wine is bad then throw it out

there's is plenty of other sources that allow one to get their fix of stupid

If the wine is bad, just let it age. No ban.

Maybe a one day ban for using a chain email first?

I will admit that I have been duped to thinking chaim emails are actually news, in the past. :doh: It can happen!

I think the title should say have to say that its a chain email, then we can make the decision if we want to go in that thread. Sometimes they turn out good!

This is what I thought should be when I started the thread and since nothing here has changed my mind, so shall it be--I'm adding it to the rules (#10).

I'll leave this here until later tonight if anyone wants to add anything.

Archived