Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC - Public agrees: This is the 'Worst. Congress. Ever.'

@DCGoldPants

It's a play on 'land of the free and home of the brave.'

Now it's 'land of the once free' and 'home of the slave.'

Get it?

It's dopey but not racist.

And at least it is less dopey than December90s old sig, where he used a bibilical quotation to express a sincere prayer for Obama's death. Psalm 109:8 (at least I think that was him that did that).

Anyhow, I don't think he was being racist either. Just being his usual, thoughtful self. :)

Congress is awesome. I love Congress. We have a democracy. We could simply start electing folks that aren't Democrats or Republicans (I suppose Tea Party is shaping up to be an interesting third party).

What is third party about them? They are 100 percent GOP base.

It'll be interesting to see if they splinter between now and 2012, 2014. If you listen to the alleged tea-party a lot of them are pissed at the GOP. If they are so "100% GOP" why did they run lame candidates like Christine O'Donnell and Sharon Angle?

Do you really think that all Tea Party folk believe the same thing about "we shouldn't raise taxes to pay off our national debt" like the GOP seems to be thinking? I don't think so.

I'd rather see a fierce moderate party as a third party...

And at least it is less dopey than December90s old sig, where he used a bibilical quotation to express a sincere prayer for Obama's death. Psalm 109:8 (at least I think that was him that did that).

Anyhow, I don't think he was being racist either. Just being his usual, thoughtful self. :)

Sorry but I just cant imagine why the reference to slavery is there if not as a racist comment. Parse the words out.

"Barack Hussein Obama" (a black man)

Leader of the "Land that was once free and the home of the slave"

Note that the reference to what the author thinks were better times "Land that was once free" is linked to "home of the slave".

Now if someone has a reasonable interpretation that is not racist, by all means pleases share it. Give me an interpretation that proves me wrong and I will apologize but I have asked him to explain himself before and haven't heard a word.

Congress is awesome. I love Congress. We have a democracy. We could simply start electing folks that aren't Democrats or Republicans (I suppose Tea Party is shaping up to be an interesting third party).

If your definition of "interesting" is "may you live in interesting times".

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 07:52 PM ----------

Now if someone has a reasonable interpretation that is not racist, by all means pleases share it. Give me an interpretation that proves me wrong and I will apologize but I have asked him to explain himself before and haven't heard a word.

1) I'll point out to you that I think three people have now told you that they think you're misinterpreting that phrase.

And I'm not certain, but it's certainly possible that all three of them voted for Obama.

So, it's not like the guy is being defended by racists like twa or H_H.

(Yes, folks, that was a joke.)

2) In yet a further attempt to present at least an alternative explanation, I will point out that he may well be intending to apply the term "slave" to the American people.

----------

Stick with calling a partisan loon. You've got enough evidence to make that case.

"Racist", not so much.

We're stupid, that's our problem. As a group we are stupid. We have to be, right? We keep voting for these idiots, and the new ones are worse than the old ones. We suck.

The problem is besides the fact that human is perfect is the sideshow now that surrounds elections, the persons stance on abortion, did they do drugs, are they Christian are they the right kind of Christian. Then yuo have the carnival barkers who buy ads and pay for their mouth pieces in the media creating non issues and distorting history.

I doubt most of the tea party folk for instance do not know that government spending and taxes went up under Reagan, even when he was cutting income tax he was raising other taxes and moving the tax brackets.

Term limits are a horrible solution to a real problem.

We have term limits in California. If you want a "California State Government Level of Quality" in the national government, then term limits is the way to go. :ols:

we are are almost there and we dont have term limits

Do you really think your long tenured representative (former speaker) better for the country then the freshmen? I think she as well as the president are why we have the current standoff with the freshmen congressmen. What are your thoughts on that?

Remembering the old joke that "Getting things done around here is like mating elephants":

• It's done at a very high level.
  • It involves a great deal of bellowing and trumpeting.
  • It requires 14 months to show any results.
  • And a lot of little people are gonna get stepped on.

1.) The time for term limits in Congress has come

2.) The time for a viable third party has come

3.) The time to throw all these bums out, establishment and freshman alike, has come

Now, whether or not America will heed the call is another story. I know I'm ready.

1.) The time for term limits in Congress has come

2.) The time for a viable third party has come

3.) The time to throw all these bums out, establishment and freshman alike, has come

Now, whether or not America will heed the call is another story. I know I'm ready.

Of course not. Better learn Chinese because they will soon be your masters. Coming soon:

USC- United States of China.

The powersbrokers will be set; so they could care less what happens. Whether thats liberal or conservative, democratic or republican.

Archived