Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Leonard Hankerson is "putting in the work"

themurf

Pls let this one work out. More over maybe he'll push Kelly and he come out of his funk.

Not sure if Kelly was in a, "funk." He just couldn't stay healthy. I haven't heard anything negative about Kelly's work ethic to this point. He just needs to ditch the injury bug and go out there and show us what he's got.

If you didnt have a huge mancrush on Hank85 before, go to fantasyfootballmetrics.com and read their writeup on him. You will be giddy like those 12-year old girls afterwards.

Do you have a link for the article you're talking about? I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/2011/Fantasy%20Draft/Draft_2011_DynastyRookieWR_0711011_3of3.htm

i think hank's gonna come in here and turn a lot of heads around the league. his drop problem was earlier in his career. after all the work he put in with duper in the offseason, he was the only receiver at the U that you didnt have to worry about dropping the ball.

Do you have a link for the article you're talking about? I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/2011/Fantasy%20Draft/Draft_2011_DynastyRookieWR_0711011_3of3.htm

http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/2011/NFL%20Draft/Draft_2011_Hankerson_4-5-11_2.0.htm

I think that's the article he means.

This fantasyfootballmetrics.com link made me feel warm and fuzzy about Aldrick Robinson, which I really didn't expect. Everything so far indicates we really got a steal in the draft with Hankerson. I feel he's kind of like Rak, in the sense that he just fell into our lap on draft day. I still can't believe he was there in the 3rd round. I'm so excited to see him this year. A homegrown WR or two would really signify to me that something has changed in our player scouting, draft strategy (been a long time), and luck has something to do with it I suppose. Whatever, It's Hank Time!

Sometimes, when I read an article about a new Redskin player, they seem to say all the right things, but you can tell that it's just lip service.

Then, every once in a while, I get the feeling that a player actually gets it. It's rare, but after 30 years of reading just about every word written about the Redskins, I get a similar gut feeling now about the ring of truth (vs agent-fed playerspeak). Can't define how exactly, but I know it when I see it or hear it. And it didn't seem to me that Hankerson was feeding us BS here. It felt genuine.

No predictions of greatness or anything, BUT - it looks like, at the very least, Hankerson knows that he's not going to go out there, catch a few balls, make a music video, and be The Man. He's gonna have to grind it out in practice.

Refreshing.

I follow him on twitter, and he seems to be a high character guy. He is family oriented, talking about how cute his daughter is ect. If anything we don't have to worry bout him getting banned from malls, or shooting himself in nightclubs.

But in all honesty I hope explodes this season. I can't want to play madden this year.

Sometimes, when I read an article about a new Redskin player, they seem to say all the right things, but you can tell that it's just lip service.

Glad to see someone else pick up on this. After talking with the guy for a little bit, this is exactly how I felt. He wasn't saying things because he thought that's what I wanted to hear. He was saying them matter-of-factly because that's just who he is. He was talking about staying before and after practice to catch footballs and working with the coaches to get better with the same level of excitement as if he was telling you what he had for breakfast. He's very down to earth and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and even better work ethic. Makes for a very easy rookie to root for.

Archived