Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Available Guards (MET)

HogHeaven84

they totally ignored davin joeseph from the bucs and he resigned with the bucs for 7years.they need another guard and i read some where that the former raven who's with the rams is going to be released.i think his name is jason bell.theres not much left at guard thats young and starter quality.thats why i couldn't believe the skins showed absolutely no interest in one of the leagues best young guards.

they totally ignored davin joeseph from the bucs and he resigned with the bucs for 7years.they need another guard and i read some where that the former raven who's with the rams is going to be released.i think his name is jason bell.theres not much left at guard thats young and starter quality.thats why i couldn't believe the skins showed absolutely no interest in one of the leagues best young guards.

Who was that?

Davin Joseph is not a good fit with the ZBS blocking scheme we use. He is a power guard, not a mobile/techician type. I agree that he is good, just not a great fit.

Not exactly the theme of the thread being a LB, but has Barrett Ruud be retained by the Buccs? A little older FA than I'd ideally like in our position at 28, but the dudes' a baller. Reminds me a lot of Fletch. Undersized but one tough SOB with a non-stop motor. And real football savvy with it.

Hail.

Davin Joseph is not a good fit with the ZBS blocking scheme we use. He is a power guard, not a mobile/techician type. I agree that he is good, just not a great fit.

This strikes me as meaningful.

Many fans seem to think ANY player they have ever heard of who has started a lot is an immediate upgrade for us. That's factually untrue. Players fit systems. Our coaches do not adjust their system for their players. They get new players when old players don't fit. So, while Chris Chester is an average, totally marginal player in the league, he is, for us, in OUR scheme, likely far better than his far superior teammate, Yanda, who is excellent for what that team does.

Many fans seem to think ANY player they have ever heard of who has started a lot is an immediate upgrade for us. That's factually untrue. Players fit systems. Our coaches do not adjust their system for their players. They get new players when old players don't fit. So, while Chris Chester is an average, totally marginal player in the league, he is, for us, in OUR scheme, likely far better than his far superior teammate, Yanda, who is excellent for what that team does.

While that is fine and good, I also might expect a Davin Joseph to perform in this scheme at least to the level of a say Stephon Heyer :ols: So sure, we want someone to fit in the scheme, but just because they might fit in the scheme, doesn't mean much if they are a scrub.

While that is fine and good, I also might expect a Davin Joseph to perform in this scheme at least to the level of a say Stephon Heyer :ols: So sure, we want someone to fit in the scheme, but just because they might fit in the scheme, doesn't mean much if they are a scrub.

Yeah..and I don't think Heyer fits the ZBK at all to begin with...Just leftovers from Vinny.

But I'd rather have Dahl, Blaylock, or Bell over Joseph. TB fans don't seem to upset to see Davin go from what i've read.

That being said, I totally agree with the point about Chester and Yanda.

This is such a novel concept.... I choose to ignore it. We could have signed Gaither at RT, Joseph at RG and OHara at center. We then could have run zone sweeps to the left and counter trays to the right. The NFL doesn't know what an unstoppable force they just avoided.

Except Heyer is not a scrub. He's an extremely versatile player and solid, solid backup. I agree with you that he has not shown the development to be a full-time, reliable starter, given he is too easily pushed back, but, his value on this team is clear. That he can step into either tackle spot on a moment's notice is rare. Let's put it this way. I suspect there isn't a BETTER backup tackle in the NFL. There may be similar, but there probably aren't clearly better.

Evan Mathis jumps out as a guy who could POSSIBLY fit into our scheme. He is athletic and a good run blocker but his knock is he is coming off of a foot injury.The Bengals running game was obviously effected without him last year. But, rumor is he is talking with Arizona.

I think we would do well to focus on the starting RT position as a priority.

This is such a novel concept.... I choose to ignore it. We could have signed Gaither at RT, Joseph at RG and OHara at center. We then could have run zone sweeps to the left and counter trays to the right. The NFL doesn't know what an unstoppable force they just avoided.

Well I'm pretty sure we signed a baltimore's back up center, and O`Hara has knee problems anyway that why he was cut. Hence I was more interested in Offensive Guards

Except Heyer is not a scrub. He's an extremely versatile player and solid, solid backup. I agree with you that he has not shown the development to be a full-time, reliable starter, given he is too easily pushed back, but, his value on this team is clear. That he can step into either tackle spot on a moment's notice is rare. Let's put it this way. I suspect there isn't a BETTER backup tackle in the NFL. There may be similar, but there probably aren't clearly better.

Not to mention he proved last year he could step in at guard at a moments notice and do a decent job.

And that's why he was promptly cut before camp started, because he was such an invaluable backup.

Time to give up the key to the liquor cabinet for a day or two.

You can't be serious. Heyer was in the running for worst backup tackle in the league.

Archived