Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry on PUP list: Anyone else seriously concerned?

NattyBo

FFS, I understand the difference between PUP and IR. My entire point is his achilles still isn't fully healed after 7 months of no football, and it wouldn't take much to re-aggravate it, even if he does come off the PUP.

From LL56 to me on twitter:

he was away all offseason. Checking it out and makeing sure everything is good through the team. same deal with Henson after his surgery. if it was serious they wouldn't have opened discussions for a extension.

From LL56 to me on twitter:

he was away all offseason. Checking it out and makeing sure everything is good through the team. same deal with Henson after his surgery. if it was serious they wouldn't have opened discussions for a extension.

A ray of hope on this hurricane of a day.

Right, which is why I'm worried, heh.

---------- Post added July-29th-2011 at 08:03 PM ----------

Yeah, that doesn't sound good at all :-|

The next thing he says is - "The Achilles is healed, I just want to make sure I’m strong enough to endure the whole season."

I like Landry and everything but I don't think that he will ever be what he was before the injury. I can't think of one player that had that kind of injury and came back as good as they once was. I hope the best for Landry and I hope he proves me wrong but I think his best days as a player are behind him.

I'm not worried, this isn't THE pup list.

I believe it's the "active pup" list which means he can come off of it anytime, not the one where he can't come off until we're a month into the season, so I see this as more precaution than necessity.

Jokes?

I just checked....no... I didn't put a happy face on the end of my sentence so no I wasn't joking.

By no means am I saying that Gomes is near what Landry is, but the dude has an achilles injury.... those are hard to come back from.

---------- Post added July-29th-2011 at 09:03 PM ----------

Didn't troy polamalu come back from an achilles injury and play well?

Great example. How many games has he missed since his injury?????????????

He obviously has to work on its strength. we have about 50 days till the season begins. Landry goes hardcore. There are talks of an extension.

This to me = Shanny wanting 1 more body in camp while landry works with the staff to bolster his achilles

Are you guys blind lol, from Mr.Landry himself

he Achilles is healed, I just want to make sure I’m strong enough to endure the whole season"

I find it funny how many people on here dont know what an "Active PUP list" is and dont realize that at this point in the season it means absolutely nothing. Landry will be ready by the first game of the season and everyone who thinks the sky is falling will finally be able to breath at night. If he is put on the actual PUP list once the season starts, then you can start to worry. Do the research.

---------- Post added July-29th-2011 at 10:42 PM ----------

^^^ Players who begin training camp on the PUP list can be moved to the active roster at any time. If a player starts the regular season on the PUP list, then he must sit out the first six games.

the strike meant that Redskins trainers couldn't help him rehab his achilles

I do believe most pro players have enough money to go and hire top notch trainers and doctors to help with these kind of injuries. I dont buy the notion the Skins have the best trainers in the world. Its his career, if he can't invest in himself, who else should.

Hail

Archived