Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry on PUP list: Anyone else seriously concerned?

NattyBo

Landry is on the PUP list - his achilles still isn't healed properly after 7 months. That is a HUGE red flag and would be a major, major, unspeakably huge blow. If it hasn't healed after this amount of time, even with no OTAs to aggravate it, well, it's a pretty damn serious, and achilles injuries end careers.

Not good. Just when I was thinking we'd at least be watchable on the defensive side of the ball, this news comes along and ruins my day.

Where did you read his achilles isn't properly healed? I would take it as the coaches haven't seen these boys in 6 months and want to take it slow unitl they now where they stand physically. Hell, he may be practicing tomorrow.

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan confirmed that strong safety LaRon Landry was held out of practice so the team could further evaluate his healing strained Achilles’ tendon

I mean, if he's on the PUP list, it's self evident that he can't go, right? And if it's healing, that means it's not healed.

I hope y'all are right and it's no big deal. Just throwing it out there.

My point is Shanahan isn't the type of guy to let a centerpiece sit out practice and be on the PUP list unless something is wrong.

More preventative than anything. He’s not 100 percent. Hopefully it won’t be too long until he’s ready to go.

He's not 100% after 7 months of no football? And that's not bothersome to anyone but me? Ok.

I mean, if he's on the PUP list, it's self evident that he can't go, right? And if it's healing, that means it's not healed.

I hope y'all are right and it's no big deal. Just throwing it out there.

My point is Shanahan isn't the type of guy to let a centerpiece sit out practice and be on the PUP list unless something is wrong.

LL's always had a tendency to go full speed, plus i'm sure he's already pumped (playing for a contract), coming into this year. I'm sure MS knows that he's going to have to spend most of his time trying to have LL "slow things down", and i'm sure MS would rather he have a 100% healthy LL starting the season above anything else.

Landry is on the PUP list - his achilles still isn't healed properly after 7 months. That is a HUGE red flag and would be a major, major, unspeakably huge blow. If it hasn't healed after this amount of time, even with no OTAs to aggravate it, well, it's a pretty damn serious, and achilles injuries end careers.

Not good. Just when I was thinking we'd at least be watchable on the defensive side of the ball, this news comes along and ruins my day.

the strike meant that Redskins trainers couldn't help him rehab his achilles

Yep, not worried. Good point about Shanny and the injury list only Belichick is more stealth. Let's see strong safety and knows the system, think he can miss camp for a little bit and be fine. Just taking a rest. Now, if he doesn't get a start in the 3rd Preseason Game, I might sweat a little.

From the DC Examiner http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/07/redskins-notesobservations-july-29

LaRon Landry and Kareem Moore worked on a side field when the rest of the team was in seven-on-seven or full-team drills. Moore is coming off knee surgery while Landry dealt with shoulder and wrist surgeries in the offseason as well as his Achilles injury from 2010 that caused him to miss the final seven games. Landry is being a little cautious now.

“I don’t want to overdo it,” he said. “I want to make sure the strength is there before I go full-go… The shoulder healed fine; the wrist, I had surgery on that and that’s nothing. I played with that during the season anyway.” Asked if he could be himself on the field now if he had to be, Landry said, “Mentally I think so. Physically I don’t know. Straight-ahead sprints, everything is fine. The Achilles is healed, I just want to make sure I’m strong enough to endure the whole season.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/07/redskins-notesobservations-july-29#ixzz1TXdn6ty2

Not at all concerned it's actually pretty typical given the situation. The Redskins have no idea what kind of shape he is in or how his achilles is because they haven't seen him since the end of last year.

They are taking it very slowly and being precautional, which is very smart.

You have to remember how the lockout is going to affect things now at the beginning. Speaking of that, probably no one of significance will play against Pittsburgh either with only a week of practice.

Take it from someone who mildly-ruptured my Achilles. It can take a loooong time to heal and very often becomes a chronic issue (which is what I suffer now).

Right, which is why I'm worried, heh.

---------- Post added July-29th-2011 at 08:03 PM ----------

Asked if he could be himself on the field now if he had to be, Landry said, “Mentally I think so. Physically I don’t know.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/07/redskins-notesobservations-july-29#ixzz1TXdn6ty2

Yeah, that doesn't sound good at all :-|

Archived