Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Sellers at Tight End

B55Green

So watching Redskins Nation just now, Larry said currently Mike Sellers isn't a FB anymore, he is a tight end. Said he has played TE before and while creating this thread, older threads from 2005 state he'd be playing it (at that time).

Does anyone remember how he performed at TE? Certainly I would think this is only a training camp thing, no way we carry 4, especially with the talent at the TE position, but never know.

Did Larry say he was moving to TE fulltime?

Wow, its hard to believe that he'll forgo his fullback duties and become fulltime TE especially with Cooley, Davis and Paulsen.

I'm Sellers already motions to TE often.

For example Sellers sometimes comes out as an I-Form FB then motions to TE.

Maybe they mean he's actually gonna line-up more often as a true TE without motion.

But, I don't see him giving up his all his FB duties.

This is just the first step towards Sellers being gone. They want Young taking all 1st team reps, but if he turns out to suck in preseason action, they want to have Sellers around. This is just a non-official cut notification for Sellers, because I don't think Young will disappoint.

Guest Spearfeather
This is just the first step towards Sellers being gone. They want Young taking all 1st team reps, but if he turns out to suck in preseason action, they want to have Sellers around. This is just a non-official cut notification for Sellers, because I don't think Young will disappoint.

I hope this is true.

Is this your opinion?

This^^ I really don't think.we will keep 2 fullbacks so its young or sellers

Agreed. Add to that, I read a tweet (believe it was from Kelli Johnson) saying that Kieland Williams told her that they were going to give him reps at FB as well. So looks like Sellers' spot is not as safe as it used to be.

Sidebar: Can I just say, that I love this, we've had so many guys who got a spot purely based on tenure, now it seems like anyone's spot it up for grabs. There are no gimmes. When's the last time that happened?

Archived