Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter - Skins sign Cofield

jbooma

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Washington tried weaking division opponent New York early Wednesday, reaching agreement with DT Barry Cofield on a six-year deal.

---------- Post added July-27th-2011 at 04:38 AM ----------

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen

According to a league source, Cofield's deal will span six seasons and net him $12.5 million in guaranteed money.

Where's Smoot? We got us a fat boy!

Damn, that made me Google Smoot to try and see what he's up to, and it brought me to BR. Apparently, he's our starting CB.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/769642-nfl-free-agents-2011-tracking-where-each-top-free-agent-lands/entry/110650-nfl-free-agents-2011-which-nfc-east-team-will-make-the-biggest-splash

NFL Free Agents 2011: Which NFC East Team Will Make the Biggest Splash?

By Adam Lazarus (Featured Columnist) on July 26, 2011

But the Washington Redskins certainly have a chance to steal the Eagles thunder, and I expect them to take it. On defense, they have already shown an interest in Cullen Jenkins and it's hard to believe they won't at least throw their hat in the ring for Asoumugha. They had the second worst pass defense in the NFL last season and will most likely lose both last year's starting corners, Fred Smoot and Carlos Rogers--DeAngelo Hall can take one of those spots, not both.

This is why BR = fail.

I just don't think it's good value. Is he that much of an upgrade from...K.Golston?

On paper, yes. Cofield is a top 5 defensive line free agent in this class and a surefire starter. Golston is a bench player that's been forced to start here for the Redskins because our line lacks talent.

Archived