Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter - Skins sign Cofield

jbooma

I dont get it...can this guy play NT...if not then why the hell did we sign him? Why do we keep signing guys who are great 3 techniques for our 3-4?!

He's a NT. Consistently took on double teams in the Giants' defense last year, and still got penetration. He's the middle-man for us.

I dont get it...can this guy play NT...if not then why the hell did we sign him? Why do we keep signing guys who are great 3 techniques for our 3-4?!

Our defensive coordinator is Jim Haslett, and Shanny's clueless when it comes to defense. Is more explanation needed?

Not that I'm against signing Cofield. I think he can play DE at a much higher level than Golston, and he's not Franklin or a Jenkins at least.

Good move! Young defensive linemen that have athleticism don't grow on trees. The price looks good... continue investing in the trenches with young talent.

"Over the past three seasons, Cofield played through knee and shoulder issues that required major surgeries. Still, he recorded three sacks in 2008 after having his knee reconstructed, and he set a career-high with four sacks last season while playing through a labrum issue."

Having said that, he's only missed one game in his career.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/07/end_of_nfl_lockout_means_a_lik.html

Sounds like a good deal. Since I haven't been paying any attention though, I'd have to wonder what is the plan for Jenkins? Is he a DE? I thought he was going to be the new NT. At least Cofield is a reasonable signing and is young. Much better idea than Haynesworth.

Umm...if they wanted penetration from the NT...then what exactly was the issue with Haynesworth schemewise?

he just refused to play the 3-4 scheme no matter what basically

---------- Post added July-27th-2011 at 01:11 AM ----------

Sounds like a good deal. Since I haven't been paying any attention though, I'd have to wonder what is the plan for Jenkins? Is he a DE? I thought he was going to be the new NT. At least Cofield is a reasonable signing and is young. Much better idea than Haynesworth.

Jenkins is going to be a DE from all I've gathered

he just refused to play the 3-4 scheme no matter what basically

---------- Post added July-27th-2011 at 01:11 AM ----------

Jenkins is going to be a DE from all I've gathered

I'd read that Haslett prefers more of a gap control scheme from his DL, occupying blockers to free up the LBs.

But hey, Albert was nuts is an acceptable answer.

Archived