Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN NFC North Blog:Harrison rips Goodell, Patriots ... and Ben? (Via Men's Journal)

CrypticVillain

Harrison talks a lot for a guy who was an undrafted scrub and bounced around the league before falling into a perfect situation in Pittsburgh. I guarantee you on any other team he wouldn't get 10 sacks. Pittsburgh churns out pass rushing LBs like a factory.

Harrison talks a lot for a guy who was an undrafted scrub and bounced around the league before falling into a perfect situation in Pittsburgh. I guarantee you on any other team he wouldn't get 10 sacks. Pittsburgh churns out pass rushing LBs like a factory.

This is why he needs to shut the heck up. You think he would be humble knowing that he barely made it to the league and knowing that Pittsburgh could find another pass rushing OLB. They might not be as good as him, but they would be serviceable.

Yet he continues to run his mouth. I used to defend the dude, but these last comments, especially throwing his teammates under the bus, has led me to believe that this dude is a loser.

Funny, no one seems to mind the racist statement Harrison made.

"Devil" is a term black people use almost exclusively to denigrate white people.

Of course if a white player had said something as awful as "Vince Young is lazy and not too bright", the world would stop turning.

Harrison is a racist making a racial slur and the world yawns which is exactly why I do the same when ANYONE cries wolf...er, racism nowadays....

"Devil" is a term black people use almost exclusively to denigrate white people.

Of course if a white player had said something as awful as "Vince Young is lazy and not too bright", the world would stop turning.

Harrison is a racist making a racial slur and the world yawns which is exactly why I do the same when ANYONE cries wolf...er, racism nowadays....

Does that mean he's been hanging out with Mendenhall?

So, if he gets cut who are the teams that run a 3-4 that would be willing to pick him up? Even if he doesn't get a suspension for this as soon as the season starts if he sneezes Goodell is going to give him a multi-game suspension.

No way he gets cut unless he escalates it. If they didn't cut Roethlisberger they aren't going to cut Harrison.

Ok, Harrison is an idiot.

You know, I think this may be the one of the first times, if not the first time, that we've agreed on an issue Bubble Screen. ;)

True, I didn't catch that when I initially read that, or the gay slur. This just makes Harrison an even bigger punk who deserves all the fines he gets.

You know, I think this may be the one of the first times, if not the first time, that we've agreed on an issue Bubble Screen. ;)

You're finally wising up, huh.:)

---------- Post added July-15th-2011 at 10:51 AM ----------

Now the jackhole wants to apoligize and said the writer took him out of context. Dude, you said what you said. Most journalist will not alter a direct quote or risk getting trouble or fired. You said what you said and you can't take it back.

Yeah, that was the funniest part of the whole thing, him trying to retract this crap. Not to mention, the journalist stated later that he couldn't even quote alot of what Harrison said because it was so bad.:doh:

Devil is not "used almost elusively to denigrate white people" in my experience. "White devil" and "Blue-eyed Devil" certainly. Devil, much like drawing devil horns on a picture, may or may not be a racist slur and need to be supported by something else in order to draw that conclusion. I am not in a position to say if he is racist but the information I see is insufficient to draw that conclusion IMO. When I worked raising money for charity I worked with a lot of American blacks and I heard the word devil used to describe everything from money to traffic patterns. "Blank is the devil" was not an uncommon expression and "blank" could be just about anything viewed as evil and corrupting.

Devil is not "used almost elusively to denigrate white people" in my experience. "White devil" and "Blue-eyed Devil" certainly. Devil, much like drawing devil horns on a picture, may or may not be a racist slur and need to be supported by something else in order to draw that conclusion. I am not in a position to say if he is racist but the information I see is insufficient to draw that conclusion IMO. When I worked raising money for charity I worked with a lot of American blacks and I heard the word devil used to describe everything from money to traffic patterns. "Blank is the devil" was not an uncommon expression and "blank" could be just about anything viewed as evil and corrupting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHu0v-HXmD4&feature=related

Archived