Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN NFC North Blog:Harrison rips Goodell, Patriots ... and Ben? (Via Men's Journal)

CrypticVillain

ESPN Article: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/29190/harrison-rips-goodell-patriots-and-ben

Men's Journal Magazine Partial Article:http://www.mensjournal.com/jamesharrison

Harrison rips Goodell, Patriots ... and Ben?

This just in: Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison ripped NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for the 100th time. This time, Harrison used his strongest language to date in an explosive interview with Men's Journal magazine.

"Up until last year, there was no word of me being dirty -- till Roger Goodell, who's a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league," Harrison said. "If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him."

Unless you've ignored the NFL for the past year, you're well aware of the ongoing saga between Harrison and Goodell. Pittsburgh's hard-hitting linebacker became the poster child for the league's crackdown on big hits and, as a result, Harrison was the most fined player in the NFL. Feeling targeted, Harrison has released a verbal onslaught on Goodell ever since.

But that's old news.

The most shocking part of Harrison's interview was the comments the Pro Bowl linebacker made toward his starting quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger.

Harrison was asked about Roethlisberger's two picks in the Super Bowl, and it seems to be a topic Harrison is still upset about.

"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again," Harrison said. "Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does."

I usually don't use this word, but dude is acting like a real douche right now. :doh:

Dude is nuts man........

I love the way he plays and believe he is being targeted. But dayum!

"If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him."

So does he get a phone call from the league when it begins opperations again? Or the fact he's locked out means he can say what's on his mind and use freedom of speech?

Dude is nuts man........

I love the way he plays and believe he is being targeted. But dayum!

So does he get a phone call from the league when it begins opperations again? Or the fact he's locked out means he can say what's on his mind and use freedom of speech?

I would imagine that since there is no league right now, there are no regulations. Kind of like how guys getting in trouble with the law cant be punished when the league year starts because there are no rules regulating the players or their actions at this point.

wow, i thought it was common knowledge you don't throw your teammates under the bus like that. i mean, that's just a low blow.

He ripped Mendenhall too...called him a "fumbling machine."

Of course, when it comes to talking about the Steelers defense, he has nothing but praise.

On Polamalu:

"He's the one guy in football I respect absolutely, 'cause he’s spiritual and lives it like he talks it,'" Harrison said of the Pro Bowl safety. "You know, he gets more flags than anyone on our team but never gets fined for nothin'. He's so polite and talks so softly that he could tell Goodell to kiss his [expletive], and Goodell would smile and say thank you."

Nevermind that he helped lose the Super Bowl thanks to his coverages...

Boy, some of those Pittsburgh players have no problems with telling it like it is do they? :rolleyes:

You would think with all the success that team has, the players would be a bit happier.

didn't you hear from 'Fast' Willie Parker? they don't party in pittsburgh....they do that in georgia

So, if he gets cut who are the teams that run a 3-4 that would be willing to pick him up? Even if he doesn't get a suspension for this as soon as the season starts if he sneezes Goodell is going to give him a multi-game suspension.

I think the Texans would have him on their radar, maybe the Chargers. Cowboys can't afford him, we don't need him, maybe the Jets. He wouldn't sign with the Pats.

So, if he gets cut who are the teams that run a 3-4 that would be willing to pick him up? Even if he doesn't get a suspension for this as soon as the season starts if he sneezes Goodell is going to give him a multi-game suspension.

Let me squash this before it even gets started.

James Harrison will not be in the Burgundy and Gold. My source, common sense.......

He ripped Mendenhall too...called him a "fumbling machine."

Of course, when it comes to talking about the Steelers defense, he has nothing but praise.

On Polamalu:

Nevermind that he helped lose the Super Bowl thanks to his coverages...

Steelers secondary and Troy P included got flippin Torched so bad, i thought Dallas was playing in the superbowl at home, well the secondary anyway, playing in Steelers uni's

Seriously they literally got destroyed, and GB could have had more..........

But anyway

Harrison is a complete (fill in the blank) I have no respect ofr that man at all and this right here does nothing but prove what a class-less jerk he really is, period.

I think the Texans would have him on their radar, maybe the Chargers. Cowboys can't afford him, we don't need him, maybe the Jets. He wouldn't sign with the Pats.

dont need him? I hate Harrision with a passion as yopu can see from my last post, but what do you mean by "dont need him" ?? I mean, he isnt going to EVER be available and certainly not because of this, but lets say we were living in a fantasy world and he was released and on the market, do you REALLY think that the Skins have something better? is that what you mean by "dont need him"?

dont need him? I hate Harrision with a passion as yopu can see from my last post, but what do you mean by "dont need him" ?? I mean, he isnt going to EVER be available and certainly not because of this, but lets say we were living in a fantasy world and he was released and on the market, do you REALLY think that the Skins have something better? is that what you mean by "dont need him"?

I mean we need to let Kerrigan get as much playing time as possible, seeing as how we took him with our first rounder, and it's very likely he'll turn into an above average OLB. Aside from the occasional QB, you don't sit a first round draft pick for 2-3 years to let him "develop." If we hadn't picked an OLB until the 4th or 5th, I would be OK with a Harrison signing. But 1st rounders are supposed to be starters from day 1. Picking up Harrison would be worse than picking up Plaxico, Santonio Holmes, and Braylon Edwards.

What an idiot.

That is an understatement. :)

The Rooneys are considered the class-act owners of the NFL. No way they are going to let him get away with that gay slur he used against Goodell.

And the NFL isn't going to let him get away with that pic he took. This shows Harrison's hypocrisy. He whines in the article about Goodell calling him a dirty player, yet in the article he refers to himself as an 'NFL hit-man', and poses for a picture holding two guns to his chest like some thug ready to protect his territory.

Could the guy be any stupider? :doh:

I don't hate many people, but James Harrison pisses me off more than almost any other human being whenever he talks. It really started with this gem (at the 1:30 mark):

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-may-19-2009/republicans-look-forward---james-harrison

As much of a loudmouth Joey Porter was for the Steelers, I liked him because his trash talk was really all in fun. That quote, plus him punching a down man in the Super Bowl, and all this nonsense of him reacting to the concussion issue revealed James Harrison to be a classless, moronic punk. Him throwing his teammates under the bus like that though is even worse.

Hey James, you know who beat you? I'll give you a hint, he's posing in PokerPacker's sig. And you know who was responsible for beating him?

28625_396336718388_11019628388_4001305_6067963_n.j  pg

Archived