Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maryland Basketball (some football) recruiting news (Shaq, Layman Commits!)

Goingforburgundy

2015 B1G Football Recruiting Classes as of 7/9/14

1.) Penn St
2.) Ohio St
3.) Northwestern
4.) Wisconsin
5.) Maryland
6.) Nebraska
7.) Michigan
8.) Illinois
9.) Iowa
10.) Rutgers
11.) Indiana
12.) Purdue
13.) Michigan St
14.) Minnesota

What's the source for that?  Your list or some agency list?

Of course. I'm not paying for that crap

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=451&f=2364

http://www.offtackleempire.com/

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten

In terms of Kai Locksley, MD fans should be rooting for Deondre Francois to FSU. That rules out FSU. If case, picking MD hands down

Starting to look like Texas and not FSU, as originally thought, is Maryland's top comp for Kai Locksley. Dad and Charlie Strong are tight.

so what did MD pay to get out of the ACC?

Depends how it goes in court. ACC wants 50mil. They always decided the past few years to not give Maryland any of the money they were owed during that time. Maryland argues that they left before the 50Mil fee went into effect since when a new rule passes, it starts the following July which was after Maryland announced they were leaving. The ACC said no, its when you actually league. So, they are suing each other.

If the ACC big, they get their 50mil. If Maryland wins big, the ACC is likely done since the amount is like 16-18 times the annual ACC operating budget.

They will probably settle. Guessing like 30mil.

Early prediction on Maryland starting five --- Romelo Trimble, Dez Wells, Jake Layman, Evan Smotrycz, Michal Cekovsky....

Maryland got a MAJOR steal in Michal Cekovsky. 7-footer is skilled and boasts a face up game. Going to play major minutes as a freshman.

Even after losing five transfers, Maryland still boasts serious, serious talent. But Terps have yet to win as a group. Now enter Big Ten.

Jared Nickens has gained 11 pounds of muscle. Looks completely different than he did in HS. Will backup Jake Layman at SF for Maryland.

Dion Wiley reminds me of another Sean Kilpatrick. 6-4 and rock solid. Should have a terrific career at Maryland. Needs to score in reserve.

Romelo Trimble is as critical to Maryland next year as Tyler Ennis was to Syracuse last year. One of nation's most important freshmen.

The WR depth for MD this year is disgusting. The 2nd string at each position would be one of the best starting groups in the conference. Throw in the starters, and this is one of the best receiving corps in the country. The big question will be, can Brown get them the ball. He's always been sort of meh as a thrower. But these guys can make him look good if he can just get it to them.

http://terrapinstationmd.com/2014/07/22/just-deep-marylands-receiver-group/

Just How Deep Is Maryland’s Receiver Group?

The Maryland football program has high expectations as they enter their first season in the Big Ten. The ACC days are long gone and it’s time for the Terrapins to look towards a very bright future.

One of Maryland’s most constantly talked-about positions is wide receiver and for good reason. Former Good Counsel star Stefon Diggs decided to start the Stay Home Movement, and commit to Maryland over offers from just about every major school in the country. Diggs had a monster freshman campaign in which he caught 54 passes for 848 yards (15.7 yards-per-catch) and six touchdowns.

If Diggs wasn’t enough firepower for the Terps, Maryland was able to land talented wideout Deon Long from the JUCO ranks (Iowa Western Community College). Before suffering a season-ending leg injury, Long grabbed 32 balls for 489 yards (15.3 yards-per-catch) and a touchdown.

When the Terps lost their top two dynamic wideouts, the next-man-up effect set in.

Obviously, fans didn’t know what to expect with Levern Jacobs, Nigel King, and Amba Etta-Tawo being the top three options at the position. As the season progressed, we found out just how good these guys can be.

Frankly, I think we're going to surprise some people in the Big 10. They expect us to finish 2-6 in the conference with a 5-7 record and be 5th to 7th in the division. It really wouldn't surprise me to see us go 4-4 or 5-3 in the conference and challenge for the 4th or (dare I say it?) 3rd spot in the East. I hope all the Big 10 teams come in thinking they can roll us.

Frankly, I think we're going to surprise some people in the Big 10. They expect us to finish 2-6 in the conference with a 5-7 record and be 5th to 7th in the division. It really wouldn't surprise me to see us go 4-4 or 5-3 in the conference and challenge for the 4th or (dare I say it?) 3rd spot in the East. I hope all the Big 10 teams come in thinking they can roll us.

Yeah. I'm on a B1G board right now discussing MD.

All I'll say is PSU fans are the most arrogant fans I've ever encountered.

Archived