Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maryland Basketball (some football) recruiting news (Shaq, Layman Commits!)

Goingforburgundy

UMD hosted many of the top players from all around the country a few days ago.

The event was dubbed "The B1G Show.

Seems like the Florida kids were really impressed.

This is a conversation between Byron Cowart, Ryan Davis and Auden Tate.

If you don't know who they are google them. You'll understand why this is potentially program changing.....

Byron Cowart @ByronHawkStar99

Man all joke's a side I know this is different but God knows my heart but #Maryland will be in my top five #NoGames I loved the visit.

@ByronHawkStar99 @thaRD5 we Could make history but keep our option's open

@thaRD5 @itstate_18 him too we all cud

Auden Tate @itstate_18

@ByronHawkStar99 @thaRD5 you speaking the truth boe

Taylor Thomas

Tae @Grind_Shine2

Maryland might be home for me

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/07/01/maryland-terrapins-terps-big-ten-2014-countdown-preview-roster-depth-chart-schedule-football-four/11775651/

College Football Countdown | No. 64: Maryland

Every team deals with injuries, that constant and unpredictable nuisance of nuisances, but Marylandlives with injuries, year after year, come rain, shine or Florida State.

The boiling point came in last November's game with Virginia Tech, when the Terrapins' injury report ran longer than the Magna Carta: 15 players – including all-world wide receiver Stefon Diggs and running mate Deon Long – were listed as either Out or Out for the season, essentially robbing Randy Edsall's third team of the depth needed to make a serious charge into the top half of the Atlantic Coast Conference.

So long, ACC; hello, Big Ten. Like Rutgers, the Terps prepare for a new conference with a slight sense of unease – the new kid on the first day of school, basically. Unlike Rutgers, however, Maryland has the talent and scheme needed to make some immediate noise in this new league, perhaps vaulting into a top-three spot in the East Division.

Don't get me wrong I root for Maryland but Maryland might win 2 games this Football season. If that.

They start the year against James Madison and at South Florida. I'd be shocked if they lost either of those. But October and November (besides Rutgers) is brutal. 

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/ncaa-maryland-terps/four-star-wr-dj-moore-reportedly-commits-maryland

Four-star WR D.J. Moore reportedly commits to Maryland

Maryland has received a commitment from four-star Pennsylvania wide receiver D.J. Moore, Ryan Snyder of Rivals.com is reporting.

Moore would become the 16th commitment for head coach Randy Edsall in the class of 2015 and the second wide receiver in that group. The 6-0, 200-pound receiver is ranked as the No. 246 overall prospect in the country, according to Rivals.com, and the No. 33 player at his position.

He chose Maryland over a host of other Big Ten schools including Penn State, Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois.

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/ncaa-maryland-terps/keenan-mccardell-dj-moore-and-marylands-pitch-top-wrs

Keenan McCardell, D.J. Moore, and Maryland's pitch to top WRs

When Keenan McCardell walks into a recruit’s living room, often surrounded by fellow members of Maryland’s staff, he tends to get the same reaction.

“Hey, I know you ... from the NFL,” McCardell recalls many saying. But it’s always followed by the same genial, somewhat deflective response from the former all-pro receiver.

“No, I’m not here about me,” he typically says. “I’m here about your son and I want to make sure that you understand that I’m here to take care of your son.”

McCardell was hired to head coach Randy Edsall’s staff in January and on Wednesday it paid its first big recruiting dividend.

Four-star Imhotep Charter (Pa.) wide receiver D.J. Moore committed to Maryland over a host of Big Ten schools that included Penn State, Purdue, Illinois, and others.

He becomes the 16th member of Maryland’s 2015 recruiting class and the second four-star receiver in two years to commit to the Terrapins. New Jersey wideout Juwann Winfree will begin his freshman season in the fall.

Don't get me wrong I root for Maryland but Maryland might win 2 games this Football season. If that.

Easy to forget that they started the season 5-0 before the wheels fell off. The team has some talent. 

Easy to forget that they started the season 5-0 before the wheels fell off. The team has some talent. 

Yea but the Big10 is a much better Football conference. The last few years the ACC has only had Clemson which was good not great and FSU. The away games in the Big10 are also much more difficult than ACC away games. FSU could be considered intimidating but thats all. Going to play at PSU, Mich, MSU and OSU thats a whole nother level.

Now I will say this. I root for 3 teams. 

UMD- I lived my whole life growing up less than 10 minutes away from the campus and both my parents have PhDs from there.

PSU- My dad went there so growing up he always had the games on and took me to games.

Arkansas- This is where I go.

My school is trash right now and irrelevant and I'm sure 80% of the ACC/Big10 could beat my team down right now. So I don't intend to offend any VT fans or anything. 

http://btn.com/2014/07/03/terps-top-big-ten-pass-catcher-rankings/

Terps top Big Ten pass-catcher rankings

I continue my Big Ten unit rankings with a look at the receiving/tight end corps. There is no shortage of good targets, with Big Ten newcomer Maryland featuring a monster collection of pass-catchers.

1. Maryland. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better tandem than Stefon Diggs and Deon Long, who each saw 2013 end early after suffering broken legs vs. Wake Forest. Even though he missed six games, Diggs still netted honorable mention All-ACC honors. Nigel King and Amba Etta-Tawo are back. Wait. There’s more. Levern Jacobs returns, too, after leading the team with 47 catches in 2014. And Marcus Leak, if back after re-enrolling, was the Terps’ second-leading receiver in 2012. P.J. Gallo is the tight end.

Archived