Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maryland Basketball (some football) recruiting news (Shaq, Layman Commits!)

Goingforburgundy

http://btn.com/2014/07/23/btn-adds-maryland-experts-to-talent-roster/

BTN adds Maryland experts to talent roster

CHICAGO – BTN is welcoming the University of Maryland to the conference in a B1G way, adding Maryland experts to its on-air roster and planning a full day of programming dedicated to Maryland Athletics.

Joining BTN’s on-air roster are Scott McBrien, a former Maryland quarterback, and Shawne Merriman, a former Maryland linebacker, 2005 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year and three-time NFL Pro Bowl selection. McBrien will serve as a game analyst and Merriman will be a studio analyst.

Returning to BTN as a studio analyst is Gary Williams, coach of the 2002 NCAA champion basketball team and 2014 College Basketball Hall of Fame inductee. New to the team are longtime ACC announcer Dan Bonner and Drew Nicholas, a member of the 2002 National Champion Terrapin basketball team. Nicholas will be studio analysts while Bonner will be a game analyst. Additionally, former Maryland basketball player Christy Winters-Scott will serve as both a studio and game analyst for women’s basketball.

New play-by-play announcers will include Joe Beninati, the voice of the Washington Capitals (football, lacrosse); Dave Johnson, voice of the Washington Wizards and DC United (soccer); and Frank Hanrahan, voice of the Washington Mystics and morning anchor on WNEW Radio (football sideline, women’s basketball).

Ooh. Need to fill up my DVR on July 31st.

How did we know the 42-40 MD-Miami game would be shown?

Damn, love all the Len Bias games. Now some of the young'ins will know what a monster he was.

Instead of the NC State game, I would have showed our first win over Florida St. In football. That was a classic.

I'd love to change the title of the thread to "University of Maryland" or something, but it looks like the thread starter has been banned.  Maybe we can get one of the mods to change it.  Or Brave, I don't know if we should start a new thread (maybe ask the mods) so that you can be in control of it since you are the biggest sources in here. Don't know.  Let me know what you think.  I'm tired of seeing Shaq Cleare and Jake Layman at the top.

I'd love to change the title of the thread to "University of Maryland" or something, but it looks like the thread starter has been banned.  Maybe we can get one of the mods to change it.  Or Brave, I don't know if we should start a new thread (maybe ask the mods) so that you can be in control of it since you are the biggest sources in here. Don't know.  Let me know what you think.  I'm tired of seeing Shaq Cleare and Jake Layman at the top.

Alright. We'll shut this thread down.

Here's the new one

http://es.redskins.com/topic/380354-the-official-maryland-terrapins-thread/

Archived