Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maryland Basketball (some football) recruiting news (Shaq, Layman Commits!)

Goingforburgundy

Edsall is in year 3 of his system, had two weeks to prep, and this happened. Didn't expect to win. But man....talk about being in over your head. Imagine what is going to happen in the Big Ten with this guy coaching them. Scary.

You can find better coaches who want to be in charge of a Big Ten program. Even a new one like Maryland.

Edsall is in year 3 of his system, had two weeks to prep, and this happened. Didn't expect to win. But man....talk about being in over your head. Imagine what is going to happen in the Big Ten with this guy coaching them. Scary.

You can find better coaches who want to be in charge of a Big Ten program. Even a new one like Maryland.

this so hard. i didn't expect to win, maybe cover the 15 pt spread, but how do you get shutout and beaten this badly after coming off a bye. hopefully they redeem themselves against UVA. if edsall doesn't show some kind of improvement, he needs to be let go, because things are going to get ugly in the b1g.

This team was over matched but there is no way you get rid of Edsall now. This university is finally getting recruits and we are getting legit QBs.  CJ brown is still a read option QB with 0 accuracy.  This team will be fine.  There are getting 2 great OL prospects next year

This team was over matched but there is no way you get rid of Edsall now. This university is finally getting recruits and we are getting legit QBs.  CJ brown is still a read option QB with 0 accuracy.  This team will be fine.  There are getting 2 great OL prospects next year

Don't be so sure about that.

I don't like some of things I'm reading/hearing from our committed recruits and the prospective ones.

We better win next week....and preferably win big.

Man 63-0, I was soooo wrong LOL.

UMD is gonna get eaten up in the Big 10.

No, they won't.

The ACC is actually a better conference top to bottom.

At least right now.

In fact, when UMD gets to the B1G they'll be one of the fastest teams in that conference.

And what does that say about the B1G?

Man UMD needs to get some beef upfront ASAP.  They can not match up with the big programs right now becuase their OLine is a mess right now.

Reinforcements are on the way.

Derwin Gray, Larry Macyzk etc.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/recruiting-insider/wp/2013/10/16/good-counsels-jesse-aniebonam-and-others-earn-invites-to-football-all-star-games/

Good Counsel’s Jesse Aniebonam and others earn invites to all-star games

On Tuesday, Good Counsel defensive lineman Jesse Aniebonam became the sixth player in school history to earn an invite to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. The Maryland commit celebrated his selection in a ceremony at the school, marking one of several events that will take place across the D.C. metro area as other local players receive their jerseys for various high school football all-star games.

Here’s a list of others who are expected to earn invites:

ARMY ALL-AMERICAN BOWL* (Jan. 4 in San Antonio)
–DL Jesse Aniebonam, Good Counsel
–QB Caleb Henderson, Lake Braddock
–WR Demetrius Johnson, Annapolis Area Christian
*Players could be added as selection tour continues

UNDER ARMOUR ALL-AMERICA BOWL (Jan. 2 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla.)
–DL Da’Shawn Hand, Woodbridge
–OL Sam Mustipher, Good Counsel
–OL Damian Prince, McNamara
–DB Jalen Tabor, Friendship Collegiate
–QB Will Ulmer, St. John’s

:o 

https://twitter.com/sunjeffbarker

WR Deon Long broke his tibia and fibia. WR Stefon Diggs fractured his fibula. Both will have surgeries. #Terps

#Terps best receivers Stefon Diggs and Deon Long both lost for the season with leg fractures, will undergo surgery.

That sucks about Diggs.  Kid is a human highlight reel.

But on the bright side, at least it's not a ligament injury or anything that might keep him out for a long while.  I'd be surprised if he wasn't back for some of Spring practice.

Feel awful for those kids. Also don't love that injuries will probably protect Edsall for another year.

I don't know what Edsall's buyout is, but I doubt that Maryland would be considering firing him after this year anyway.

Maryland was putting a nice season together before running into the buzzsaw that is FSU, and I'd be skeptical of the Maryland boosters weighing that FSU game heavily against Edsall.  Besides, it's probably better to transition into the Big 10 and get the program's feet wet before making another big coaching change. 

Unbelievable......

https://twitter.com/insidemdsports

ICYMI: #Terps QB C.J. Brown, RB Brandon Ross, TE Dave Stinebaugh, LB L.A. Goree and S Anthony Nixon out vs. Clemson.

By my count, #Terps now without 11 opening-day starters -- and arguably six of its best seven players. Approaching last yr's absurdity.

Nah. I've seen worse. Much worse actually.

He has some tools (big time arm) but he has no touch.

Gotta work on that over the offseason.

Yeah I have seen worse.

A backup sophomore QB for MD without their top receivers and playing the number 7 team in the nation.  I can't be too hard on the guy.

Archived