Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (and Michael Bay piss and moan thread)

Toe Jam

Armageddon is an underrated summer masterpiece.

No, it's crap, IMO, and I what's even sadder is they made basically the same movie, also with a good cast on paper, and somehow managed to make it even worse. They out-Bayed Michael Bay.

---------- Post added July-1st-2011 at 03:14 AM ----------

pretty succinct explanation of why Armageddon is such a bad movie

http://videogum.com/114581/the_hunt_for_the_worst_movie_o_87/franchises/the-hunt-for-the-worst-movie-of-all-time/

I know some don't care what RT says, but when you have just 2 movies ever that cracked 50% it means you're not very good.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/michael_bay/

I don't consider myself a movie snob either, just a big movie fan, but Bay is awful.

#1 Rotten Tomatoes is hardly a Barometer on good movies. Man on Wire has a 100% fresh rating, seriously a guy that walks across wires for an hour and a half ending in is walk across a wire strung between the World Trade Centers, riveting let me tell ya. Hell that POS Bridge to Terabitha has an 85% fresh rating. Some people on that site will crucify any movie that comes out based on the actor, director, producer, etc.

TO YOU Bay is awful! Some people like his movies. Just because you are a lemming that goes with popular critical opinion doesn't mean we have to do the same. We get it you'd rather watch Shakespeare In Love than Saving Private Ryan (I know not a Bay movie but I was drawing a frame of reference), but there are a good amount of people that think Bay's formula works for what it is and I'm entertained and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

#1 Rotten Tomatoes is hardly a Barometer on good movies. Man on Wire has a 100% fresh rating, seriously a guy that walks across wires for an hour and a half ending in is walk across a wire strung between the World Trade Centers, riveting let me tell ya. Hell that POS Bridge to Terabitha has an 85% fresh rating. Some people on that site will crucify any movie that comes out based on the actor, director, producer, etc.

TO YOU Bay is awful! Some people like his movies. Just because you are a lemming that goes with popular critical opinion doesn't mean we have to do the same. We get it you'd rather watch Shakespeare In Love than Saving Private Ryan (I know not a Bay movie but I was drawing a frame of reference), but there are a good amount of people that think Bay's formula works for what it is and I'm entertained and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Shakespeare in Love was actually a fantastic funny movie. More, my first play was being produced as it came out and I was experiencing almost everything that Will and their producer did. It was really heartening! Don't you talk bad about Shakespeare. Grump. Saving Private Ryan was also a great movie, but not nearly as funny.

Armageddon is an underrated summer masterpiece.

I agree. How can you go wrong with Bruce Willis chasing Ben Afleck with a shotgun and music from Aerosmith?

And annoying Owen Wilson gets killed half way through as well as a bonus.

Bay is a ridiculously bad director. The only people I know who like more than maybe one of his movies are people who absolutely love "dumbed down, leave your brain at the door, whoa-cool-explosion" movies :ols:...

I saw the first Transformers movie for free, and still felt ripped off. I caught about 20 minutes of the 2nd Transformers movie on HBO or some cable movie station while staying at my brother's house...and still felt like I should get a refund of some sort. I saw the trailer for Transformers 3 on Youtube...and felt as if someone should owe me money afterwards lol...

He's a horrible director that has no interest in the script making sense (forget the plot being good) so long as it's full of action. Transformers 3 was no exception.

Bay puts most of his movie's storylines together like it's a Mad Lib book lol...

"With the impending (big catastrophe here) looming on the horizon, our hero battles forces against (cliche' enemy here) while also dealing with his deteriorating relationship with his estranged (female relative here). Bucking the establishment and going up against (authoritative figure here) at every turn, our hero fights through (number above 200) explosions and car wrecks to save the day."

I was talking about Bay, so chill out with the personal crap or move on. Pretty lame you try to attack me as a "lemming" instead of just sticking to the topic, which is Michael Bay.

I qualified my statement with "I know some people don't like RT," so I wasn't declaring it an absolute authority, like you are pretending I did.

Some people like bay's movies, some people like listening to Nickleback, some people like eating McDonald's, but all 3 are crap. I reserve the right to my opinion on that.

For the record, Saving Private Ryan is one of my favorite movies, so again cut the stupid attacks and assumptions out and stick to the subject.

There's a good amount of people who like "turn your brain off" movies, I like some of them too, but then there are other people who enjoy Bay's style, where literally everything about the movie, from the action to the acting, to the emotions, to the dialogue, is needlessly over-the-top. Some people like it, others hate it. We are obviously in separate categories.

---------- Post added July-1st-2011 at 04:12 PM ----------

disagree. Armageddon was corny, ridiculous dialogue. each horror film remake was terrible IMO, Transformers 1 sorry but it's not hard to direct awesome robot action, those directors are a dime a dozen, everything else other than robots, in 1 and 2 and apparently 3 from the reviews, is just awful. I won't even get started on I am Number Four.

I know some don't care what RT says, but when you have just 2 movies ever that cracked 50% it means you're not very good.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/michael_bay/

I don't consider myself a movie snob either, just a big movie fan, but Bay is awful. He's like the movie version of Nickleback.

I've never thought of that Nickelback comparison but it makes perfect sense. Every one of their new songs sounds exactly the same, and they aren't very good either....much like a Michael Bay film. He litterally never changes what happens in his movies. The corny romance scenes, the stupid slow motion and cheap one liners thrown in for a pity laugh (much like all of the cursing in TF3. It all seemed forced. TF1: Ends with an action scene involving Sam and his lady. TF2: Sam and his lady. TF3: Sam and his lady.

Armageddon, Bad Boys 1 & 2 (the opening scene to BB2 might be the worst thing he's ever done) Con Air...it doesn't matter. They're all the same movie.

That's a sign of a terrible director. He's terrified to try new things. Instead of going for brain-dead entertainment, a little effort and these could have been good movies. Like Iron Man.

Well apparently it's working with Bay despite what you "expert critics" say. I think between him being a multi multi millionaire, and you people (including myself) being an average waged American......he is doing something more right evidently. Did you "expert critics" think the new Transformers was going to be a love story about Robots and Humans? I'm glad I don't ever look at ES for movie reviews because some of you are gawd awful at it.

Well apparently it's working with Bay despite what you "expert critics" say. I think between him being a multi multi millionaire, and you people (including myself) being an average waged American......he is doing something more right evidently. Did you "expert critics" think the new Transformers was going to be a love story about Robots and Humans? I'm glad I don't ever look at ES for movie reviews because some of you are gawd awful at it.

You seem awfully hurt by the criticisms of Bay and TF3 :ols:...

Uwe Boll keeps getting work too. Just because someone makes money doing it doesn't mean they are any good at it.

You seem awfully hurt by the criticisms of Bay and TF3 :ols:...

Not at all, just some people can't grasp the concept of a movie which is fairly comical. Did you expect to watch Ghostbusters II and they were going to travel to Mars to fight aliens? Did you watch Terminator 2 hoping Arnold was going to save animals in the Congo? It's very simple actually. We watch Transformers knowing exactly what is going to happen. Why would anyone go see a movie and expect something completely different? Did you think you were going to watch a movie with no action in it?

---------- Post added July-1st-2011 at 08:41 PM ----------

Uwe Boll keeps getting work too. Just because someone makes money doing it doesn't mean they are any good at it.

Well you tell me, Transformers 3 grossed at over 30 million the first day. So you tell me whose good at it. Transformers 2 grossed 201 million the first 5 days. So tell us exactly whose not good at it.

Not at all, just some people can't grasp the concept of a movie which is fairly comical. Did you expect to watch Ghostbusters II and they were going to travel to Mars to fight aliens? Did you watch Terminator 2 hoping Arnold was going to save animals in the Congo? It's very simple actually. We watch Transformers knowing exactly what is going to happen. Why would anyone go see a movie and expect something completely different? Did you think you were going to watch a movie with no action in it?

And some can't grasp the idea of a movie deserving heaps of criticism even if some people liked it. Some of the best movies I've ever seen barely sold any tickets. Some of the crappiest crapfest of crapola movies I've ever seen sold tons of tickets.

Well you tell me, Transformers 3 grossed at over 30 million the first day. So you tell me whose good at it. Transformers 2 grossed 201 million the first 5 days. So tell us exactly whose not good at it.

There's a big difference between a movie being good and a movie being good at making money.

Archived