Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update: Job Interview on Monday: "Looking a different direction" :(

AsburySkinsFan

Sorry to hear about that, ASF. You're obviously a very bright guy, and I'm sure that if you still want to move on to a new position, you'll have the opportunity to do so soon enough.

If it helps, I was just informed about two hours ago that I didn't get a job I really wanted and interviewed for last week. So I suppose we can commiserate over a couple pints of ES's finest. :cheers:

(Now if only we had a similar animation that replaced the smiley faces with frowns....)

When I was growing up, I attended the local United Methodist Church. One of the ministers was a great guy, married with two daughters. When I had my daughter, he baptized her. Later, he came out (or was exposed I don't know which) as gay and was forced from the ministry. It's too bad, because he was the kindest man and a good pastor. I often think of him but lost track over time.

Back on track: Sorry to hear you didn't get the position ASF. I'm sure that there is something special for you and your family in the future!

Grrrrr.....thanks for your prayers and support everyone, turns out they were looking another direction. It's good though because I still have a place of ministry, so we're moving on in service here and praying for that campus ministry.

You sound like you are fairly happy where you are right now, so just take this as a learning experience because another, possibly better, opportunity will undoubtedly come by.

You heard back about an interview one day later??

I have had that experience with almost ever job I ever had. Once a day passes' date=' I assumed that the position had been filled and so be it.

To the point where I was put in position to turn down other jobs several times.

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 08:45 PM ----------

Forgot to add. You got this thing. Your personality shines through a message board.

That job was simply not the job to get you where you should be, where you deserve to be.

Do your thing, keep your faith and stay aggressive in your pursuit, you will get more in the long run than you imagined. You will sit back and think to yourself...'I never would have had this if I took that job".

Good Luck Bro.

Asbury, your a great guy and have from what I can tell a humanity that could fill the width of a valley of unimaginable width and depth. Stay the course, be true to your savior and yourself. Great things are in store for you man. You just gotta deal with the BS along the way.

Thanks for all the support everyone! I really really do appreciate all of your encouragement.

It was a bummer yesterday, but I'm feeling better today, just took about 24 hours to get things back into perspective.

The one thing is though that I'm beginning to see that my life and service in the church may not always be as a pastor, which is a different perspective for me.

Archived