Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter reports "It's Becks Job to lose"

leevi98

Sorry if this has been discussed or in another thread. I searched and didn't see anything.

Adam Schefter, Mark Schlereth and Mike Golic discuss the possibility that the former BYU quarterback, who hasn't thrown an NFL pass since 2007, will be coach Mike Shanahan's starter next season.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6560306

---------- Post added May-19th-2011 at 07:23 PM ----------

It's my first ever thread! I feel like i Truly belong now! lol

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines. Shanny is so close vested...could be a smoke screen to keep price down on who they might be eyeing. Your right though...Adam is usually dead on with Skins...plus he used to be the Broncos beat writer back in the day when Shanny was in Denver.

Or maybe this is the position we're stuck with (given McNabb doesn't care about DC anymore and we're still in a lockout), Beck is making the most of it, and everyone knows we're going to draft a QB in 2012...

At least that's what I see

I hear ya...but like Mark said he did take coach Gus Frerotte, Brain Griese and Jake Plummer to the playoffs. I do like what i hear about Beck though. First to arrive last to leave...Organizing practices...sounds like he is doing what a QB should be doing to lead by example....Have to respect that part....but as far as play on the field...that is another story!

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines. Shanny is so close vested...could be a smoke screen to keep price down on who they might be eyeing. Your right though...Adam is usually dead on with Skins...plus he used to be the Broncos beat writer back in the day when Shanny was in Denver.

Not so much as the skins as much dead on with Mike. Them 2 are friends

Name something Shefter has been right about with the Redskins? I have heard the same thing from him as I have heard from everyone that has put out a rumor about the Redskins. No one including Shefter haven't been right about anything. So until Shanahan says Beck is the starter I wouldn't count anyone out including McNabb.

Unproven QB

No WRs

NO OFFENSIVE LINE (CASEY IS COMING BACK PPL)

1 injury prone RB

NFC Beast

We may end up with Andrew in 2012

I'm not pessimistic enough to say our WRs and/or RBs won't improve. I think we'll improve, but not by much.

I'm not pessimistic enough to say our WRs and/or RBs won't improve. I think we'll improve, but not by much.

No line = no time for the unproven QB to get comfortable. Its the same old song every year. WR's won't get many looks if there is no time for Johnny to throw the ball. Don't get me started on RB. One of our best linemen was our old RB.

Looks like a Zornish 4-12

Our 3-4 is still a work in progress. Meanwhile the NFC east is as nasty as ever. Coach must really think he can get away with murder around these parts. His job will be on the line in year 3 if year 2 is 4-12 ugly. I don't care what our insiders say.

i'm optimistic. i love helu and hankerson. i like torrain too. plus, we may add a FA.

but then, i have burgundy and gold glasses on most of the time.

How soon we forget that back in February Shanahan said our top priority in the draft was outside linebacker opposite of Orakpo. Everyone knew that was a smokescreen, too.

Unproven QB

No WRs

NO OFFENSIVE LINE (CASEY IS COMING BACK PPL)

1 injury prone RB

NFC Beast

We may end up with Andrew in 2012

Unproven QB

Moss (who wants to come back)

The leading receiver in University of Miami history

Someone who averaged almost 20 yards per catch

Someone who routinely beat Amukamara in practice

Malcolm Kelly

Revamped OL through free agency. If Rabach comes back, it's as a backup

1 Injury prone RB

Roy Helu

Evan Royster

Beck or whomever is brought in and wins the QB job is gonna have more weapons then people think, provided we resign Moss.

We had the 8th passing attack:8th in yards and 8th in yards/per game.

We were able to put up those numbers with basically 2 viable WRs; our 3rd and 4th WR were unproducitve old man Joey and never has been Roydell Williams.

Hankerson, Niles, Austin and a healthy Kelly are a big improvement to our 3rd and 4th WRs.

The OL should improve with continuity and experience.

They were shuffled about last year but finished the season as a decent unit.

RT remains a question mark but it shouldn't be too hard to upgrade from a recovering Jamal Brown, even if we're forced to resign Brown he should be better this year then he was last year.

The running game should improve with improved OL play and w/ an infusion of speed: Helu, Royster and maybe we'll finally see James Davis?

The offense should also improve through experience.

Kyle got to know the players and how/where they fit within the scheme, the players had a 1 year in the system.

Imo we should have a top 15 offense: yards/scoring.

We just need a little better QB play then we got last year.

We just need a triggerman.

andrew-luck.jpg?w=420

The plan is coming together

Look how he leverages himself against the backside of the lineman, but yet keeping himself vertical enough to make the throw. Although it appears his throwing angle is slightly low and may result in a McNabb-type incompletion, he has the experience to handle being behind the Redskins OL.

Ok, that was dumb... but whatever.... :silly:

Archived