Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Observation: Republican party intimidated by the worst President in U.S. history

Burgold

I'd honestly like to ask you and Burgold if you agree with this statement that I've heard many times.

" If the Palestinians laid down their arms, there would be peace in Israel. if Israel laid down their weapons, it would cease to exist."

There's a sizeable contingent of Israelis who are intent on settling lands that are currently in the hands of Palestinians. There are also a number of Israelis who would like to kick Palestinians out of those areas. The notion that Israel just wants to be left alone (as though it's some monolith) is bunk.

And, just in case you think the comment above indicates that I "back" the Palestinians, I don't.

I just read that Romney's big time fundraiser success the other day isnt really as true as was reported. From what I just heard, he didnt actually collect any money and it was in the form of informal "committments" from wealthy donors.

I was quite impressed with a one day $10.5 Million haul, but if he didnt actually get any money, not so much.

So he got smart people who will give him money if he has a chance to win that makes sense

No, it appears that he got very smart people to SAY they would give him money at some undefined point in the future.

The reason I bring it up is that if this is true, Romney doesnt have a red cent more in fundraising than he had a week ago, and the articles and news reports that are trumpeting his so called success are being a bit dishonest.

No, it appears that he got very smart people to SAY they would give him money at some undefined point in the future.

The reason I bring it up is that if this is true, Romney doesnt have a red cent more in fundraising than he had a week ago, and the articles and news reports that are trumpeting his so called success are being a bit dishonest.

I agree if he's got comittments for money if he looks like he's going to be the winner it doesn't mean as much as people outright backing him.

Gotcha. Sad that we have to filter out so much rumor reporting these days. Downside of the instant news era and blogosphere world we live in, I suppose

It does suck to always have to add a caveat, but Ive been burned by posting unconfirmed before. I do think this is true though. I think his media pals pulled a bit of a fast one by crowing his huge success when it probably wasnt material support as we were led to believe.

Or his media pals went with the info his PR people were putting out. It's pretty hard to independently figure out how much person "x" has raised. Eventually, you can look at the books and the books have to match up (that's how we found out about the Palin wardrobe scandal) but in the short term, you rely on the campaign offices self-report. Usually, they're fairly honest as they don't want to get caught in a lie, but every so often they will. I certainly can believe that pledged money is counted the same (for public purposes) as cash in hand.

Then again, I don't know if your rumor is absolute truth or exaggeration. Being that it came from the world of politics, you have to imagine there is some spin though :)

I get this all the time. Funding organizations often want to see that you have "commitments" of a certain amount of money before they'll support you. It doesn't really matter if those commitments come through, they just need to see the commitments. So there's pressure to get people to "commit" to funding you even if there's a very small chance they'll actually be able to follow through with their commitment when the time comes.

Its a stupid game and I won't play it.

Just to let ya know, Bush and Reagan were also compared to the Anti-Christ.

---------- Post added May-18th-2011 at 11:48 PM ----------

article-0-0C308B85000005DC-40_468x627.jpg

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/undergod/2008/02/obama_the_messiah.html

it would be hard to come up with a MORE perfect exapmle of somebody ignoring context (and what they are seeing) to jump to their pre-conceived opinion .

thank you :)

(just to spell it ALL THE WAY out for you.. that picture was asking the question whether the JOB of the Presidency asks to much from the MORTALS that inhabit the office. but don't let that slow you down.... )

honorary_hog;8305289]We need a facebook-style "like" button. Burg, I really appreciate that post, and feel like there's nothing I need to add.

I keep reading people wishing they had a "like" button here. Obviously, it's a hardship for some Facebookies to simply make a post saying "great post---here's what I liked" in a reply. Kudos to you HH for taking that demanding step even if you still long for life to be better and easier. :pfft:

I keep reading people wishing they had a "like" button here. Obviously, it's a hardship for some Facebookies to simply make a post saying "great post---here's what I liked" in a reply. Kudos to you HH for taking that demanding step even if you still long for life to be better and easier. :pfft:

You do realize that few are going to "like" you advocating this. After all, if in the 1950's there was never an "I like Ike" button then Ike would have gotten really sour and depressed. We need affirmation that comes with a needle stuck to the back of it.

Isn't it enough that our views don't "count" Now you want to make it harder for people to "like" us? Geesh, what did we do to you. It's not like we're complaining, undisciplined, loud, repeat the same mistakes over and over again without any sign of learning or embarrassment. It's not like we aren't friendly, go lucky, go with the flow type of non-troublemakers.

Why wouldn't you want people to "like" us. Is it so hard to "like" us?

(I still don't have a FB account. I suppose I'll need one one day)

Guest Spearfeather
it would be hard to come up with a MORE perfect exapmle of somebody ignoring context (and what they are seeing) to jump to their pre-conceived opinion .

thank you :)

(just to spell it ALL THE WAY out for you.. that picture was asking the question whether the JOB of the Presidency asks to much from the MORTALS that inhabit the office. but don't let that slow you down.... )

Yeah, appreciate that info Poindexter, but it was meant as a joke, that you obviously missed, but don't let that slow you down.

For three years, including several months before he took office we have heard non-stop how Barack Obama was the worst President in U.S. history. A President that made Jimmy Carter look like a combo of FDR and Ronald Reagan. Yet here we are in the election cycle looking at the candidates who are rising to oppose him and save us from Obama's monstrous incompetency... and I am more struck by who's not running than who is? If Obama is as bad as the Republicans, the Conservatives, the Libertarians, and Talk Radio says... why are so many afraid to face him? Why do many think he'll be difficult to unseat. Okay sure, he stabilized the banking industry, saved the U.S. automotive industry, and got Bin Laden, but unemployment still sucks, gas prices are high, and we are beginning to feel inflation.

We're talking about the worst leader in the history of humanity people! Why are the big time Republicans cowering in a corner and refusing to run? Could it be that Obama's been pretty good?

It could be anything but I somehow doubt that it's because everybody is afraid to run. I think it's more a product of quality candidates at this point in time. Prior to Obama, I don't think the Democratic Party had a very good bench, so far as candidates. I think it's something that happens to each party at certain times of their respective existances. JMO

---------- Post added May-19th-2011 at 04:14 PM ----------

:ols:

Hey Jumbo, how you been?

It could be anything but I somehow doubt that it's because everybody is afraid to run. I think it's more a product of quality candidates at this point in time. Prior to Obama, I don't think the Democratic Party had a very good bench, so far as candidates. I think it's something that happens to each party at certain times of their respective existances. JMO

You guys just wish you had someone as charismatic as Al Gore or as steadfast as John Kerry. :)

He doesn't seem intimidated

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7573383.html

Huntsman: Obama shouldn't have intervened in Libya

On other points, Huntsman:

_Suggested that a drawdown of U.S. troops in Afghanistan is inevitable. "We have too much in the way of boots on the ground in corners of the world where we probably don't need it," he said.

_He would repeal Obama's health care overhaul, if he had a chance. And he backs the alternative deficit-reduction plan put forth by Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, which includes a proposal to substantially overhaul Medicare. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who has declared his candidacy for the Republican nomination, has retracted a statement he made Sunday in which he referred to Ryan's plan as a "radical" approach.

_Said he is "very proud of my Mormon heritage."

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7573383.html#ixzz1MtbvivWS

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=290927008

This is the Redskins football equivalent of what you are talking about.

Obama sucks, we would be hard pressed to find a president who has done worse things domestically (unemployment, national debt etc...) and worse things internationally (with the lone exception of allowing the Seals to kill Osama)

This "leader" may be on a 19 game losing streak, but he gets to face the Redskins of September 27, 2009.

Archived